2021 - 2022 Dallas Mavericks: The Vibes are Immaculate

CBT

KP has cleared protocols. Chriss will be inactivated. Some sort of move should happen soon to clear up a spot. 

Side note: I think I mentioned last season I was at Carrelll clinic off central expressway. Ran in to KP. Got dang he was tall. I told him my 13 year old son was his biggest fan. He said thank you.

Cool story bra? Right?

Saw luka had a triple double. Checked his line. 4-17 ouch. He and Brunson were 7-30 and they still won. 
Luka was getting fouled almost every time he drove but the refs didn't call it. Knocked down several times. Dort accidentally kicked his left ankle put on the 3rd and we had to call TO on the middle of a possession. He didn't shoot well, but he played hard both on O and D, didn't complain about officiating, and he for sure aggravated or sustained new injuries tonight. Very good game tonight for him.

We're apparently out on Myles Turner bc of his injury. I'm ok with it. I'd rather we run with what we have now and see where it takes us. Plus if we have Myles on the books next year (and we didn't trade JB for him) we wouldn't be able to pay JB. Myles is on the hook for $18 next year, JB wants 4/$80. I think JB is 1b to Luka's 1a in terms of importance to this team, even more than KP. We really need to sign him.

12 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

We're apparently out on Myles Turner bc of his injury. I'm ok with it. I'd rather we run with what we have now and see where it takes us. Plus if we have Myles on the books next year (and we didn't trade JB for him) we wouldn't be able to pay JB. Myles is on the hook for $18 next year, JB wants 4/$80. I think JB is 1b to Luka's 1a in terms of importance to this team, even more than KP. We really need to sign him.

I'd be more interested in Jerami Grant if something could be worked out.

11 hours ago, gsoda3 said:
11 hours ago, Post Oak said:
I'd be more interested in Jerami Grant if something could be worked out.

That'd be nice but who would we give to det? And we wouldn't be able to retain him after next year anyway without shedding KP.

Not sure. I'm just an ideas man.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

Not sure. I'm just an ideas man.

it's not a bad idea.  we probably won't be able to re-sign dodo after this season but grant would essentially take his place defensively.  i'm guessing a trade for him would have to include THjr to match salaries.  but detroit would want more than that and i'm not sure if we can even trade our first round draft picks anymore.  maybe they'd take josh green instead of a pick.  

• Like 1

Is there a stat that keeps track of quality offensive possessions at a player level? For example at the ends of games, when Luka acts as the PG a lot of possessions end in bad looks bc he dribbles out the shot clock and then heaves a shot with a defender up close. Or he'll get stripped from behind or make an errant pass. Those would not be quality possessions. A QP would end with an open look or made shot.

I suspect Luka's quality possessions per touch are much lower than brunson's. Would be nice if there was a way to quantify it.

Every time we miss a shot on offense and we have a guy try to sneak around the baseline to knock the ball out of the rebounder's hands we're late getting back on defense and the other team scores on us in the lane. Every. Single. Time. Such a bad habit.

4 hours ago, speed817 said:

that is possibly the dumbest article I have ever read. I think Cuban sucks but this is just stupid.  they tried to get DeAndre Jordan(Clippers locked him up and we still signed him later anyway), stupidly traded for Rondo, drafted dennis smith jr., signed Bullock, WCS, Seth Curry, and on and on.

yeah, Cuban might think Euro's are lower risk to bust due to his view of their basketball seasoning.  Kleber is really the only "why the fuck does that guy play so much" of late.

for some reason big time black free agents in their prime won't come to or consider Dallas.  I'm not sure why.

On 1/21/2022 at 9:29 PM, dcar00 said:

that is possibly the dumbest article I have ever read. I think Cuban sucks but this is just stupid.  they tried to get DeAndre Jordan(Clippers locked him up and we still signed him later anyway), stupidly traded for Rondo, drafted dennis smith jr., signed Bullock, WCS, Seth Curry, and on and on.

yeah, Cuban might think Euro's are lower risk to bust due to his view of their basketball seasoning.  Kleber is really the only "why the fuck does that guy play so much" of late.

for some reason big time black free agents in their prime won't come to or consider Dallas.  I'm not sure why.

And don't forget about Cuban's little fiasco with Chandler Parsons. I think we were paying him $22M per season...nuts

On 1/21/2022 at 9:29 PM, dcar00 said:

Euros don’t play AAU and become bffs with every other highly rated player in the same age bracket.

DE4C72E2-418A-4AA3-8C85-2FFCBD118206.thumb.png.0ccabf71d541b2c58045a0e581476cd5.png

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, 4doorsMoreWhores said:

And don't forget about Cuban's little fiasco with Chandler Parsons. I think we were paying him $22M per season...nuts

That was Memphis. Also, that really was a dumb fucking article.

26 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Euros don’t play AAU and become bffs with every other highly rated player in the same age bracket.

DE4C72E2-418A-4AA3-8C85-2FFCBD118206.thumb.png.0ccabf71d541b2c58045a0e581476cd5.png

They dont play AAU becauee Euros are allowed to play professionally from the age of 13 on because they don't live in countries where amateurism is glorified to the point of absurdity for the expressed purpose of allowing everyone else surrounding the "amateur" game to make as much money as possible. 

• Hook 'Em 2