2021 - 2022 Dallas Mavericks: The Vibes are Immaculate

CBT

That's it...I'm ending it all.

Honestly they need to let him heal it up.  Don't rush it.  This could very well be a Dirk vs. Spurs in 2003 moment.  He could have played.  I think they probably win that Series and the Title that year(I know it's debatable), but they correctly wanted him to not hurt the knee more.  Luka needs to sit.

Utah is a such a disaster that the Brunson/Dinwiddie Mavs should be able to at least tread water in a series with them.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Drew said:

Honestly they need to let him heal it up.  Don't rush it.  This could very well be a Dirk vs. Spurs in 2003 moment.  He could have played.  I think they probably win that Series and the Title that year(I know it's debatable), but they correctly wanted him to not hurt the knee more.  Luka needs to sit.

Utah is a such a disaster that the Brunson/Dinwiddie Mavs should be able to at least tread water in a series with them.

I’m not here to talk you off the ledge, but could you at least kill the Morris twins first?

4 hours ago, Drew said:

How about we not compare it to Dirk or KD and let the Mavs docs do their work. This could all be a lot of gamesmanship. 

15 hours ago, Drew said:

Correct. 

And fuck the NBA for giving us that day/time slot for G1.

Rest of schedule released.  We have game 2 Monday night, Game 3 Thurs Night and Game 4 Sat afternoon.   At this point I'm hoping to manage a split first 2 games without Luka and maybe he can be back Game 3.   Hope I'm wrong but I'll be pretty surprised if he can go Sat or Mon.   And doesn't sounds like we will have any better idea until the late Friday afternoon official injury report is out.

I remember thinking people were dumb freaking out over Dak's calf injury considering the off week that followed, but he clearly wasn't right for weeks thereafter. I'm pretty sure he's not going to be the same for the playoffs even if he plays. This sucks. I was just starting to get back into this team. 

2 hours ago, gsoda3 said:

the athletic is reporting luka's out for game 1.

It seems like it's almost known best case is back for game 3 a week from tonight.  What's interesting is I've been monitoring tix and noticed this AM that the Mavs dropped face for unsold seats by about 20% for games 1 and 2.   I thought at the time they are trying to get tix sold before injury report released tomorrow letting everyone know officially Luka is out.   Really sucks.   But if the rest of the squad plays an A game they can steal one at home without Luka.

4 hours ago, 'stache said:

I remember thinking people were dumb freaking out over Dak's calf injury considering the off week that followed, but he clearly wasn't right for weeks thereafter. I'm pretty sure he's not going to be the same for the playoffs even if he plays. This sucks. I was just starting to get back into this team. 

Yep. And he was not even ready for the next game with a bye week in between. And like you said, when he came back, he was never the same. It affected his follow through and motion. I would assume Luka if he comes back, will not be the same.

On 4/14/2022 at 2:25 PM, 'stache said:

Dak is also battling the fact that he’s just not that great a QB. Dak shouldn’t be compared to Luka in anything. 

On 4/14/2022 at 5:20 PM, gsoda3 said:

We're never going to be better without him, but of all the teams in the playoffs Utah's the best matchup for us without Luka. It was always going to come down to our three point shooting.

Utah is the best matchup, period.