2021 - 2022 Dallas Mavericks: The Vibes are Immaculate

CBT

On 4/19/2022 at 10:53 PM, LTtxfan said:

Yeah earliest for Luka's return probably is game 4 on Saturday.

• Game 4: Mavericks @ Jazz, Saturday, April 23, 4:30 p.m. ET, TNT
  • Game 5: Jazz @ Mavericks, Monday, April 25, TBD 

Mavs Win !!!     Might want to keep Luka out till at least Game 5 

Agreed on the Vince shot still being our best win since 2011, but this was probably the most ballsy. No Luka and first truly hostile crowd this team has seen in the playoffs. I thought this was going to be a loss for sure. Frankly, I thought the Jazz would win pretty comfortably. 

45 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

Kidd and this staff are coaching their asses off.  

I was wrong about him. What a fucking hire

He’s been a really great hire.   He’s been a great coach before, but the real question was his ability to not emasculate and humiliate his players to the point where no one wanted to play for him.   Seems he’s gotten past that.   

• Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

He’s been a really great hire.   He’s been a great coach before, but the real question was his ability to not emasculate and humiliate his players to the point where no one wanted to play for him.   Seems he’s gotten past that.   

Agreed. Happy to say I was wrong on Kidd.

17 hours ago, gsoda3 said:

we started playing defense again.  they were just blowing by us in the 3rd quarter.

When everyone on Social media was saying "FINALLY, they went small and now they can score"...what they failed to mention is that Bertans was playing almost all those minutes as the center.  Maxi AND Powell were both in foul trouble.

The minute Maxi came back in the 4th, all those easy buckets dried up.  Keep them out of foul trouble and the 5 out for the Jazz doesn't scare me.  The Mavs are chasing them off the 3 point line and holding them WAY below their season averages.  The Jazz won't win much if they can't shoot bulk 3s.

• Hook 'Em 1

When everyone on Social media was saying "FINALLY, they went small and now they can score"...what they failed to mention is that Bertans was playing almost all those minutes as the center.  Maxi AND Powell were both in foul trouble.

The minute Maxi came back in the 4th, all those easy buckets dried up.  Keep them out of foul trouble and the 5 out for the Jazz doesn't scare me.  The Mavs are chasing them off the 3 point line and holding them WAY below their season averages.  The Jazz won't win much if they can't shoot bulk 3s.
You know what really bugged me the entire broadcast, grant hill and the other guy never mentioned the foul situation. Did both maxi and gobert pick up fouls on that one play where gobert got the tech? That would've been 4 for maxi early into the third. Very important at the juncture. But they never mentioned that or kept track of the other foul situations. They were terrible at analyzing anything. Brandon Haywood wasn't any better
  • Hook 'Em 1

Will be great to have him back and if he’s ready you have to play him but would be remiss not to acknowledge the two downside risks.

1. Obviously he re-aggravates something which in that case the Mavs are turbo fucked regardless of the outcome of the Utah series.

2. It’s 2-1 Mavs. The game is in Utah. A place we have won exactly once (admittedly the last game) in fucking forever even with Luka. If he comes back and Utah wins they have grabbed back all the psychological capital gained. If Mavs lose without him”well ok we split without Luka and now he’s coming back for the best of 3 2 of which are at home”. If they win without him…well that just finished Utah knowing he’s coming back.

Still ready to see him but those are a couple risks.

Will be great to have him back and if he’s ready you have to play him but would be remiss not to acknowledge the two downside risks.

1. Obviously he re-aggravates something which in that case the Mavs are turbo fucked regardless of the outcome of the Utah series.

2. It’s 2-1 Mavs. The game is in Utah. A place we have won exactly once (admittedly the last game) in fucking forever even with Luka. If he comes back and Utah wins they have grabbed back all the psychological capital gained. If Mavs lose without him”well ok we split without Luka and now he’s coming back for the best of 3 2 of which are at home”. If they win without him…well that just finished Utah knowing he’s coming back.

Mavs to win the series odds...
+550 after Game 1
+230 after Game 2
-210 after Game 3

2 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

I agree with all of this as to why you rest him. Although if he only plays 15-20 minutes then I’m not sure 2 comes into play much with a loss.