2021 - 2022 Dallas Mavericks: The Vibes are Immaculate

CBT

5 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

Jalen F’in Brunson and Maxi F’in Kleber. About time that big dumb German showed back up. 

Seriously.  What unreal performances by those 2 tonight in an absolute must win game.   Huge.   Now just need a healthy Luka by game 4 if he can't go Thurs.  Hoping he's close.  Will be interesting to see what the chatter is tomorrow.  

30 minutes ago, Vegas64 said:

This win buys Luka one more game of rest, yea?

Yeah, I wondered about too.  

Have to protect Luka long-term, so definitely hold him out as long as possible.  Would love Mavs to win Game #3, and wait to bring back Luka in Game #5 or Game #6.  

I thought Game 3 was always best case scenario but he didn't look like he was close to playing based on pre-game video yesterday.  Hope for better news but wondering if Game 5 if more realistic.  It's a pretty big ask to steal a game in Utah without him though considering we've lost something like 11 straight there.  But maybe that just means we're due.

3 minutes ago, gyroprotagonist said:

Bally Sports owns the rights.  i think only Uverse and DTV carry Bally Sports so the majority of Dallas was SOL.  The game was also on NBA TV, but blacked out so the local station could televise.

That’s bullshit. I thought tnt and tbs had all the playoff games

6 hours ago, gyroprotagonist said:

Bally Sports owns the rights.  i think only Uverse and DTV carry Bally Sports so the majority of Dallas was SOL.  The game was also on NBA TV, but blacked out so the local station could televise.

Yeah, it's Bally's that continues to fuck us and numerous other fanbases.  They seemingly have no desire to negotiate in good faith with streaming providers because supposedly they will have their own streaming platform soon.  It was supposed to be in place by beginning of year but obviously that didn't happen.  What I can't seem to figure out is how long they own the rights to the various Dallas teams.  I can't fathom any of these owners are happy to continue doing business with them after they have fucked them over for the past 2 years.  I'll probably eventually pay for Bally's streaming.  But I'll hold out as long as I can once available and toggle that bitch on and off constantly.  

• Hook 'Em 1

for 1st round i think local stations still get the rights.  trying to remember from last year.  i think next round should all be nat broadcasts
I looked it up, they played game 3 last year on NBAtv, but I can't remember the blackout situation. Two years ago in the Disney Covid Dome there were no games on at the same time, so I don't think it was an issue. The last time they made the playoffs before that was in 15-16 and I swear that the NBAtv games were on Channel 21 and not blacked out on FSSW, but we all had it then so IDK.

Listened to Bill Simmons's pod this AM.  He had Tjarks on to talk ball and his battle with cancer.

Sounds like he's going to have to get lucky because his cancer is so rare.  He talked about his 2year old son and I just lost it.  

Grab your kids and squeeze them right.  

• Like 3

16 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Yeah earliest for Luka's return probably is game 4 on Saturday.

• Game 4: Mavericks @ Jazz, Saturday, April 23, 4:30 p.m. ET, TNT
  • Game 5: Jazz @ Mavericks, Monday, April 25, TBD 

Game 5...just in time for the close out time.

I'd personally let Luka rest one more game. You're looking at a likely L in game 3 because these guys have never experienced a playoff atmosphere like they're going to see tonight. If they wait until Game 4, that's 13 days since the injury for Luka and you still have have a legit shot to win 3 of 4 from this Jazz team. 

Lookin more and more pessimistic for tonight.  Which is fine by me. This will be Utah's Final's game.  I expect them to come all out and bum rush Dallas...probably even win tonight to get some feel good.  Then Dallas, with Luka returning(or not), to beat them game 4 and even the series back up.