Peaky F'ng Blinders - Season 6 (Final Season)

MonkeyDoughnut

2 hours ago, A-Tex Devil said:

The IRA killed her in the failed plot against Mosely in the finale.  

Did that happen on screen or off?  I remember Aberama getting killed at the theater, but when did they get Polly?  She wasn't even there, was she?  

1 hour ago, Go Pokes said:

Did that happen on screen or off?  I remember Aberama getting killed at the theater, but when did they get Polly?  She wasn't even there, was she?  

Off.  It would have been hard for her to film new scenes....

17 minutes ago, Stringer said:

Off.  It would have been hard for her to film new scenes....

I pretty much figured that unless I missed something in the final scene of the previous scene.  Did they explain how the IRA got her?  She was nowhere near the theater, so how did they get to her?  Sorry for all the questions but this has been bugging me since episode 2.  I could go back and watch episode 1, but I figured someone here could enlighten me.    

Ok, I found a recap online and I got it now.  Doesn't really look like they explained the how of it.  Just the end result of the IRA dumping the three bodies on his driveway.  Now I am going to rewatch it just to see how I whiffed on this.  

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished the series and I feel like lost John Travolta gif now that it is over.

That Finn storyline just came out of left field with no explanation.

Why did Tommy bang the fascist bitch knowing she would rat on him? Everyone saw that coming.

Never got a clear objective of his involvement with the fascists. Was he just a spy on behalf of Churchill?

Why didn't he just have Michael whacked in prison?

Why didn't he shoot the fascist doctor?

Edited by F250

I also thought the final season was slow and boring but I loved the show as a whole, and it sucks that it's done.

Listened to a podcast with the series producer the other day. She and her partners maintain all the IP rights to the series. BBC was the first to buy the rights to broadcast the series. Then they offered to HBO for rotw, which passed on it. Dumbass motherfuckers at HBO. Netflix was the second offer and they took it, (rights only, no ownership) which really kick-started Netflix as a destination for streaming/binging premium series. The producer said they're now considering a movie or a spinoff, depending on what interest they can get.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, Chopper said:

I also thought the final season was slow and boring but I loved the show as a whole, and it sucks that it's done.

Listened to a podcast with the series producer the other day. She and her partners maintain all the IP rights to the series. BBC was the first to buy the rights to broadcast the series. Then they offered to HBO for rotw, which passed on it. Dumbass motherfuckers at HBO. Netflix was the second offer and they took it, (rights only, no ownership) which really kick-started Netflix as a destination for streaming/binging premium series. The producer said they're now considering a movie or a spinoff, depending on what interest they can get.

If they made a 2 hour movie that tied up all the loose ends from the finale that would be the best move IMO. 

On 6/15/2022 at 11:31 AM, DDD Dad said:

I'm two episodes in and extremely confused.  It's like I can't remember anything from season 5.  (Like Alfie Solomons coming back from the dead).

I started to watch the first episode and realized I'd forgotten pretty much everything that happened before, so I ended up watching the fifth season again. Just finished it. The shootout scene with Arthur was pretty awesome.

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't read the thread.  On ep 3 and not really enjoying it.  Too much psychobabble and navel-gazing.

Didn't really like season 5 much, either.

In fact, I just turned it off about 10 minutes in.  Don't think I'm going to finish.

Edited by TwiceHorn

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

I didn't read the thread.  On ep 3 and not really enjoying it.  Too much psychobabble and navel-gazing.

Didn't really like season 5 much, either.

In fact, I just turned it off about 10 minutes in.  Don't think I'm going to finish.

well......bye

• Haha 1

On 7/15/2022 at 7:56 PM, Buzzrock said:

Alfie was the shit. And I liked Grace better than Lizzie.

Great show.

i liked both, but maybe grace a shade better.   hated michael's wife, everything about her.   whatever happened to the horse trainer?  i thought she'd be a bigger part of the show.  really that was insignificant and could have been left out altogether.  seemed to have no consequence.

• 11 months later...

yeah, this was a sad end to a great show. i mean, it was realistic, and sometimes reality is fucking boring.

happens to shows all the time - they get lost in the characters so much that the premise loses its meaning. it's a fine mistake to make, but it's still a mistake, imo