2022 Texas Softball - Locked and Loaded

Js1

12 minutes ago, Js1 said:

OU, Ok State, Texas, Oregon State, Arizona all through to OKC

TBD - UCLA/Duke (UCLA up a game and lead 1-0), Florida/VT (game 3 tomorrow), NW/ASU (NW up 1-0 and play tonight)

I’m actually pulling for UCLA because I think we match up better with them. Hope I don’t have to eat those words in a week.

• Hook 'Em 1

Holy shit that was incredible. Congrats to the team and especially Janae. So glad she is getting that wcws experience. That was the Sophia we thought we were getting to begin with. So excited to get to watch them play in OKC this week. My daughter is bouncing off the wall. I guess that #27  Dolcini jersey I bought her brought some luck. 🤘

• Hook 'Em 3

Really happy for the ladies.  They are a very gritty team. Happy for the super seniors, happy for Hailey getting to the series when that's a big reason she transferred, happy for JJ getting to play just a bit longer in college.  

Fuck Arkansas, but I kinda feel bad for Ellsworth.  

No one, including me, thought we'd be here.  Well, I guess there's only one thing left to do . . . 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 5/27/2022 at 3:45 PM, bschoolprof said:

Probably referring to Elish and Mary, the former a demonstrably terrible teammate, and the the latter rumored to be a locker room problem (who knows if it's true).  

Yeah.  I mean, Clark's recruits could expect to be recruited over, but the storm of new blood was probably a bit rough.  And it appears that there were some personality problems.  Elish obviously, Iakopo rumored, Burke just totally checked out to become a Breck girl.  And some of the things that they said about White (things like "he's so chill now")  were just weird.  

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I have nothing against Taylor but when you troll you get it in return. 

Time to take it on the chin. 

She graduated HS early and skipped her last semester to join Texas when we absolutely needed a catcher for spring 2017 after Shireman left. No bad feelings. But when she chose Arky, and we matched up with them, she became the enemy and had to lose today.  Glad that ball died in LB’s glove. 

Just now, Js1 said:

She graduated HS early and skipped her last semester to join Texas when we absolutely needed a catcher for spring 2017 after Shireman left. No bad feelings. But when she chose Arky, and we matched up with them, she became the enemy and had to lose today.  Glad that ball died in LB’s glove. 

And her walk up song was definitely a troll of Texas. 

All good. Just back it up and take the trolling in return. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

And her walk up song was definitely a troll of Texas. 

All good. Just back it up and take the trolling in return. 

She probably should have warned her teammate LaValley not to do horns down up 3-0 in game 1 of a 3 game series 

That dumb pig is an OU transfer too. Double trash 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

Wish we could have hijacked the WCWS photo ticket that was made for Arkansas.  We could have taken a permanent marker and crossed through the “pig logo” and drawn in our LONGHORN logo !!!  We then could have used it to pose for our ncaa WCWS picture having won our Super Regional versus “piggy”!!!

CONGRATULATIONS AND HOOK’EM LADIES!!!!

23 minutes ago, Cstewart said:

Do we know when we play Thursday. I see there are 2 sessions. Daughter has been begging me since the pig feast.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Don’t know yet 

Sophia Simpson's gem and a three-run sixth inning rally carried the Longhorns' win over the Razorbacks to claim the Fayetteville Super Regional series and punch a ticket to the Women's College World Series.

The Hogs could not push a run across, leaving nine on base. Simpson's shutout allowed only five hits and four walks while firing seven strikeouts.

Arkansas's Chenise Delce threw five scoreless innings and delivered eight strikeouts before Mary Haff took over in the seventh.

The Longhorns' Janae Jefferson led off the top of the sixth with a double and advanced to third by a Scott single. Scott stole second and Washington doubled to center field, scoring both base runners, 2-0. Iakopo drove in Washington with a left field single, 3-0, before the Razorbacks shut down the inning.

I really hope Virginia Tech eliminates the Gators tomorrow and the vaunted SEC is shut out of the WCWS.  No matter the sport I get more than a little tired of hearing about the supposed depth of the conference and how week in and week out the SEC schedule is a gauntlet.  Make what the ladies did today in Fayettenam just that much more awesome.

• Hook 'Em 3

ESPN Summary:

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. - No. 4 Arkansas' historic season came to an end Saturday afternoon at Bogle Park. Arkansas fell to No. 18 Texas, 3-0, in game three of the Fayetteville Super Regional.

"Although we're really disappointed, I just have to take this time to say how proud I am of this group and the season that they've had," said head coach Courtney Deifel. "I'm really, really proud of the seniors for what they've done for this program. It'll never be the same."

Arkansas finishes the 2022 season with a program-best 48 wins (48-11).

Senior Danielle Gibson led the Razorback offense, going 2-for-3 at the dish. Senior KB Sides, junior Audrie LaValley and sophomore Hannah Gammill compiled a hit apiece.

Junior RHP Chenise Delce (19-3) got the start, twirling five scoreless frames with eight strikeouts. The Oklahoma City, Okla., product walked zero batters in six innings of work before Texas put up three runs in the sixth. Senior RHP Mary Haff entered the circle in the seventh with a runner at first and zero outs. After Texas reached on a bunt, the Longhorns lined into a double play made by Audrie LaValley at second. Haff issued a strikeout to end the top half of the seventh.

There's no doubt Arkansas achieved the best season in program history. The Razorbacks clinched back-to-back SEC regular season championships, including the program's first outright title, along with the program's first SEC Tournament crown.

The Hogs captured the most wins in single season program history, 48, while holding an ultra-impressive 19-5 record in conference play. For the first time in program history, KB Sides was named SEC Player of the Year. Head coach Courtney Deifel became just the second league coach to be named SEC Coach of the Year in back-to-back years. Chenise Delce became the second-straight Hog to be named SEC Pitcher of the Year after Mary Haff earned that honor in 2021.

A total of 9,385 were in attendance across three games at the Fayetteville Super Regional, making it the highest-attended Super Regional and three-game series in program history. Arkansas also tallied the program's first Super Regional victory after defeating Texas, 7-1, in game one.

Quoting Hannah McEwen

RE: Memories

"It's easy to think about wins and hits and all the things you've done, but when you leave, your hits don't matter anymore. The wins don't matter for you personally. That's something you leave behind. Taking away all of the friendships and the family you've made while you're here, and hopefully what you did while you're here is good for the people that get to stay and build on it."

Quoting Head Coach Courtney Deifel

RE: Seniors

"I mean, they took a chance on us, and they've built this. When you're out there and see 3,000-plus people doing the 'Hog Call', they did that. I know that I just felt really, really lucky that I got to coach them and fortunate they chose us. They've left us in a really good spot. I'm just really, really proud that I'm their coach."

VT has the chance to put the nail in the SEC’s overrated coffin today (1pm ESPN)

The other team in our half of the WCWS bracket will be decided today between NW and ASU (8:30 ESPNU)

Big 12 - 3

Pac - 3 or 4

B1G - 0 or 1

ACC - 0 or 1

SEC - 0 or 1

Looks like a Big 12/Pac 12 invitational with a pity invite to UF, NW or VT

Edited by Js1

42 minutes ago, Js1 said:

VT has the chance to put the nail in the SEC’s overrated coffin today (1pm ESPN)

The other team in our half of the WCWS bracket will be decided today between NW and ASU (8:30 ESPNU)

I understand the SEC hate, but if you're actually interested in winning the WCWS, FL is the team to cheer for today. With all the caveats of this being a high variance sport, VaTech has proven to be better this year overall. Among the seeded teams still alive, the Gators have the worst pitching and are the only team with negative score differential versus other ranked teams (and unsurprisingly, a losing record, 11-13).

For those that aren't fans of OU here, you probably want to root for Arizona State. The Sun Devils have the bats to keep up with the Sooners.

Edited by quigley

4 minutes ago, quigley said:

I understand the SEC hate, but if you're actually interested in winning the WCWS, FL is the team to cheer for today. With all the caveats of this being a high variance sport, VaTech has proven to be better this year overall. Among the seeded teams still alive, the Gators have the worst pitching and are the only team with negative score differential versus other ranked teams (and unsurprisingly, a losing record, 11-13).

Meh. If you’re on the other side of the bracket, you root for UF. Texas is with you, UCLA and NW/ASU. Odds of even seeing UF are slim 

OSU, Arizona and Oregon State definitely want UF’s pitching 

Even with the bracket flip for the 1-0 loser (is that still around?) it would be a lot of weird scenarios for Texas and UF to meet. 

Edited by Js1

10 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Meh. If you’re on the other side of the bracket, you root for UF. Texas is with you, UCLA and NW/ASU. Odds of even seeing UF are slim 

OSU, Arizona and Oregon State definitely want UF’s pitching 

Sooner fans anticipate seeing other teams on the other side of the bracket. VaTech is probably the most balanced team left outside of OU. UCLA is the other team to worry about with their deep pitching strength.

If FL wins in Blacksburg today, that'll be 3 unseeded teams in that half of the bracket with only #7 Ok St. High variance sports.

Edited by quigley

4 minutes ago, quigley said:

Sooner fans anticipate seeing other teams on the other side of the bracket. VaTech is probably the most balanced team left outside of OU. UCLA is the other team to worry about with their deep pitching strength.

If FL wins in Blacksburg today, that'll be 3 unseeded teams in that half of the bracket with only #7 Ok St. High variance sports.

Fine. You said “if you’re interested”

We aren’t. Fuck the SEC. OU is most worried about VT so go Hokies! 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

Fine. You said “if you’re interested”

We aren’t. Fuck the SEC. OU is most worried about VT so go Hokies! 

Congratulations on your team reaching its goal!

Jefferson is an amazing player and seems like an equally wonderful person. Her records will be hard to top.