2022 Texas Softball - Locked and Loaded

Js1

Just now, dcar00 said:

I know I bagged on White some for the pitching situation but damn if he didn't make me eat crow.

Also, this is what can happen when you decide to hire coaches with an actual real history of success.

Yep. Simpson’s performance today probably surpassed Luna’s SR clinching no hitter in 2012. This was a freshman on the road who hadn’t pitched a CG all year or even pitched in a while and had freshman struggles/midseason injury. 

Mike had her ready. And trusted her. 

2 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

How ironic is it that Ellsworth sent it to the wall for the last out?

Ironic in an Alanis Morissette kinda way?

1 minute ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Frame this for your wall, #99!

Some enterprising person needs to find an email address for that young lady and share it so we call all send her copies of that pic.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

aggy made a regional at 6-18 in the SEC simply because of the perceived strength of the SEC. Now, they might not get a single team to the World Series. 

The NCAA committee should be embarrassed. 

Don’t forget Mizzou hosting over us with an RPI 3 spots lower and out of the top 16. Proves those fucks wrong. 

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

At one point this season, Texas had a record of 11-9 and the program looked to be falling apart. 3 months later we're going to the World Series. 

I can confidently say I had no hope for this squad after Clearwater and then getting swept by OSU.  Even with the OU win. 

Mike can coach. Like Vic, it’s about the postseason and unlikely players coming up big 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Js1 said:

@FloridaHorn Dolcini good for next week? Almost can’t believe we made it to the 3rd week of softball. Forgot what that was like! 

It depends if she is sore or injured. She said yesterday that she has previously had surgery on that elbow. I am guessing we see her at the start of game 1 and play it by ear from there

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

So who dropped the ball on not getting WCWS bound gear for the team? NCAA? Staying disrespected.

Look at the bright side, some kids in third world country will be getting Arky’s next week.

Edited by Horn80
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

The rock struck Piggy a glancing blow from chin to knee; the conch exploded into a thousand white fragments and ceased to exist. Piggy, saying nothing, with no time for even a grunt, traveled through the air sideways from the rock, turning over as he went… Piggy fell forty feel and landed on his back across the square red rock in the sea… Then the sea breathed again in a long, slow sigh, the water boiled white and pink over the rock; and when it went, sucking back again, the body of Piggy was gone.

1 run in the last 14 innings for Piggy

16 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

White had the perfect gameplan in this series. Against a team like Arkansas I don't think it's wise to just pound the zone with strikes. The Texas pitchers nibbled and were willing to work deep in counts if that's what it took. 

Pigs had 109 HR and 76 doubles as a team.  We allowed 0 HR and 3 XBH total in 3 games.  Really kept them to walks and singles. 

• Hook 'Em 2