Texas vs Oklahoma State @ 1 pm on ESPN2

SDG

5 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

well sure we will all hold out hope.  we can't beat KSU or Ok State at home after having decent sized leads.  they are unathletic and poorly coached on the offensive end.

it is what it is.  maybe that guard that is coming in next year will help.

How is you posting "this team isn't making the tournament" an indication of holding out hope? And they haven't exactly lost to OSU. 

Baylor couldn't beat OSU at home. Are they making the tournament?

Just now, LTtxfan said:

Getting shots earlier in shot clock now -- plus a few more offensive rebounds...

Hope 🙏🙏🙏

I'm seeing glimmers of good things in this game. Too few glimmers, but glimmers nonetheless. Cut down the turnovers and Texas would have a decent lead.

1 minute ago, SL Xpress said:

How is you posting "this team isn't making the tournament" an indication of holding out hope? And they haven't exactly lost to OSU. 

Baylor couldn't beat OSU at home. Are they making the tournament?

of course i will cheer for them, they just aren't making the tourney.

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

I wonder if Beard thought he could only get a half out of Disu or if he was trying to save him and got desperate.

Disu is our best player for sure.

He has been since the first time he stepped on the court.  

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

of course i will cheer for them, they just aren't making the tourney.

I'm not talking about whether you'll cheer for the team. Cheer for them in whatever manner you choose. We don't cheer for the team in the same way, and that's okay.

You're saying of course we'll all have hope the team will make the tournament. I'm saying you have a funny way of saying you're holding out hope, because you're saying the exact opposite in a very declarative way. That feels more like cognitive dissonance than being actually hopeful.

5 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Our guys play really hard. It's just that they're offensively challenged at every spot in the floor, and certainly as a group. Carr has to be better as a distributor, but it might not matter much if other guys remain overly timid or confused. 

it's funny how Fran keeps saying Carr needs to get in the lane and draw 2 or 3 defenders.  what Fran doesn't understand is Carr isn't quick enough to beat his defender like that.  I like Fran but man sometimes he's not all there.

I'm not talking about whether you'll cheer for the team. Cheer for them in whatever manner you choose. We don't cheer for the team in the same way, and that's okay.

You're saying of course we'll all have hope the team will make the tournament. I'm saying you have a funny way of saying you're holding out hope, because you're saying the exact opposite in a very declarative way. That feels more like cognitive dissonance than being actually hopeful.

I hope they make the tourney.  they aren't making the tourney.

1 minute ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

What good is a back cut when all 5 offensive players are within 10 ft of each other? 

We've had a couple of possessions where it looks like we're trying to spread the floor. Then nothing. It's not that we're inconsistent. We're very consistent. We're very consistent at being terrible on offense. 

It's not the players at this point. It's the coaching. Whatever they're teaching these players to do, it's incredibly ineffective. 

People talk about what a great staff this is, but that's primarily due to their recruiting acumen. I don't believe Beard has a decent bench coach. Maybe Bob Donewald. He's the main guy who gets credit for his player development. 

He has two former head coaches on his staff, but I've never been a personal fan of Rodney Terry as a basketball coach, and Ogden is unproven in my eyes. 

I feel like he needs to find another Mark Adams for offense.

We have some good players,  just doesn't really seem to translate into a good team.  I feel like Ramey and Carr are constantly trying to prove that they are the teams big scorer, and the offense sufers because of it.  The ball movement just isn't as good as it was early in the season.  

2 minutes ago, chemHORN said:

We have some good players,  just doesn't really seem to translate into a good team.  I feel like Ramey and Carr are constantly trying to prove that they are the teams big scorer, and the offense sufers because of it.  The ball movement just isn't as good as it was early in the season.  

the problem is that Ramey and Carr are the only guys who can actually handle the ball that are a threat to score also(Askew is no threat).

That makes zero sense, but you be you. Saying you're hopeful something is going to happen while declaratively saying it isn't is the definition of not actually holding out hope.

it only means I will be wrong about my statement but you do you.

3 minutes ago, chemHORN said:

Yeah, and the key is they're good, not great. 

I said before the season that getting all these transfers is great and all, but having the preseason ranking we did felt like getting some of the best NBA players from teams that didn't make the playoffs on one team and then saying they're going to compete for the championship. 

4 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Yep. Beard is trying to force the motion offense, instead of identifying what his personnel can do well. It’s a real problem. 

It 's not even a good version of a motion offense. It's a bad version of it. If Bob Knight watches these games, he's turning it off in disgust part way through.