Texas vs Oklahoma State @ 1 pm on ESPN2

SDG

2 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

If this team doesn't turn it over, despite whatever flaws it has, it's a tough opponent.

True but it does have a sniff of Tom Hermon’s keep em close and win/lose by <5 sometimes.  We’ve had a couple of gas games, but…

Just now, Burt Macklin said:

Ok St. reminds me of a secondary that just commits PI on every ply and makes the refs call it. No matter how many times they get called for reach ins and defensive fouls, they just keep doing it. 

yep.  they've been fouling all game. basically the same shit KSU was doing, they just don't have the players on the offense to drive by us like KSU did.

at least the refs are calling it most of the time.  I think having Beard helps in that regard TBH.

Just now, ClubWhatever said:

None of those teams are juggernauts but yeah it doesn’t look great.  

Just need to finish .500. Steal a few wins on the road - a tall task to be sure for this team - and hold serve at home except for a couple of blips and it's done. 

I'm not saying it's a downhill jaunt, but it's not some kind of granite rock face they're climbing, either.

2 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Just win the damn game Idgaf about the way it looks.

I know Tech fans complained about Beard in close games but from my perspective he had an uncanny ability to grind out games and make them close and competitive when his teams' play in said game had no business making those games close or competitive. Our loss to Oklahoma St earlier this year was a prime example. We played poorly yet still had a chance and were a run away from winning it.

Ramey and  Carr are the same player.  When they are on the court together our offense grinds to a halt because they are going to play hero ball.  On a night where one of them is hot it works out, but most nights they are both pressing to much to prove they are THE guy and the end up taking bad, out of rhythm shots.  For this offense to improve, Beard has to address this.  

1 minute ago, SDG said:

True but it does have a sniff of Tom Hermon’s keep em close and win/lose by <5 sometimes.  We’ve had a couple of gas games, but…

Some of that is basketball. It feels like almost every game is a couple of possessions difference in the last two minutes. Especially with all the deliberate fouling and the 3 point shot.