Dumbass Shit We See On Facebook

Vic Mackey

1 hour ago, WithoutAClue said:

peecans.jpg

Amen. Freaking Yankees/Californians. 

My grandmother, a self-described “desert rat,” was a 2nd generation descendent of an Old Three Hundred family. One of her pet peeves was idiots talking about “pee-can pie.”  She said a pee can was what you kept under the bed. 

14 minutes ago, nnm said:

My grandmother, a self-described “desert rat,” was a 2nd generation descendent of an Old Three Hundred family. One of her pet peeves was idiots talking about “pee-can pie.”  She said a pee can was what you kept under the bed. 

Truth. Making some legit pies from this batch. 

image.thumb.png.21465fd26cea94d9a82d77e191c98569.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Drool 4

Yankee here…I say peh-kahn
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, WithoutAClue said:

peecans.jpg

I have to comment on this.  I saw BJ Barham, the lead singer for American Aquarium.  The show was at the Blue Bird in Nashville (humblebrag).  He sang the saddest fucking songs ever written by man but between each song there was usually a funny story.  One story went sort of like this….  “I’m about to sing a song that uses the word pee-can pie in it.  I know you folks are from the South and you are going to get all riled up and say it’s ‘pah-kahn’ but let me assure you that I have studied this and you are wrong.  I have traveled all over the country and spent much of that time playing music in the South, so let me explain it to you. You see when the nut is on the tree it is a  ‘pah-kahn’.  When the nut is on the ground it is a ‘pah-kahn’.  When the nut is in your pocket or hand, it is a ‘pah-kahn’.  When it is on the grocery store shelf, it is a ‘pah-kahn’, but the minute you put it in a pie, it becomes a ‘pee-can’.  You have to trust me I am right.  I was giving this same speech in a small club in East Tennessee and an elderly lady who may have been overserved, said ‘sir, you are wrong’.  I went through the same lecture and said, ‘lady I’m sorry, I am correct’.  A person who I assume was her husband, stood up to the defense of his lady and said that he was a professor of English at East Tennessee State University and he could attest to the fact that his lady was correct.  I knew right then, I had a 50/50 shot at my comeback line and I took it.  I said ‘I bet you don’t have tenure’.  You could see the blood drain from his face as he took his seat. 

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1