Dumbass Shit We See On Facebook

Vic Mackey

9 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

If there isn't much traffic I usually get over early, but if it's bumper to bumper why in the hell would you not use the entire lane until the closing point?  I guess people think hundreds of cars randomly trying to change lanes for quarter mile stretch is efficient driving?   

This. It's stupid to not merge closest to the check point. I thought I read somewhere that zipper merging was debunked as the most efficient because it was theory and didn't take into effects the realities of human social behavior, which makes sense. Here is a link:

But just because something works in traffic simulations does not mean it will work in practice. Traffic experts are forgetting one fundamental component of human nature — competitiveness.

Simply put, the late merge feels like line cutting to most people, and line cutting is bound to anger drivers.

https://www.gainsberglaw.com/blog/why-zipper-merges-are-a-bad-idea/

Edited by BeardIP
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

.c3a5ebe6a34551b794da1de48f34aebe.jpg

Uh oh @Prepuce of Doom, doomlet’s internet famous now.

1 hour ago, BearSchlong said:

In Missouri they have signs that say “zipper merge ahead” before construction zones, and people actually comply. It's uncanny.

They also have “Left lane is for passing only” type signs, which go mostly unnoticed. 

• Rage+1 1