Dumbass Shit We See On Facebook

Vic Mackey

My neighborhood's Constable posted the other day warning about a scam:
People are receiving calls claiming to be from their office saying they have warrants for skipping jury duty. They say they can either pay the fine immediately (by purchasing a money order and texting them a picture of it along with pictures of their driver's license and social security card) or they will have to serve 72 hours in county jail.
If you choose "fuck it, I'll serve the time" they'll ask for nude photos to "avoid the necessity of a strip search upon booking."
I'm sorry, if you do anything beyond laugh or cuss the asshole out, you are nowhere near a position to be in control of your own finances or decisions and need to immediately grant power of attorney to a family member or be declared a ward of the state.
And yet he had to post it because so many dumbasses had fallen for the scam.

One good thing about having old, technology ignorant relatives. They are too dumb to get scammed.

Depends on the kids. Mine really aren't into sports and I couldn't care less.

This. Kid likes flag football but didn’t like basketball so we haven’t done that again.

Enjoys playing center because no one pulls his flag so maybe we can turn him into a long snapper.

There are some kids in his class that were playing baseball or soccer on the same day they were playing flag football. Just driving from one thing to another. That seemed insane.
  • Like 2

Sounds like a nightmare18b105b7ab83ec1a24d859404b58a15b.jpg
My son has been in competive soccer for years. Season starts in early August with training 2-3 times a week until 930. Multiple tournaments a year out of town, multiple games in San Antonio and Boerne, sometimes two on one weekend. Then High School starts in December and they play 17 games, then club again March through May.
The superlative players travel around the country so it could be worse.

I rarely get to use my boat on the coast anymore.

da4a8aa9f27eb98ebf740a82238695bb.jpg
This was my 9 year old daughters volleyball schedule. We live on the coast, and the closest game was in Sinton at an hour and 20 minutes. All others are a minimum of 2.5 hours. All the tournaments in red have a minimum of a one night stay but usually 2. Starts again this weekend only she’s playing in a local league as well so zero time off until summer. Shit’s never ending and expensive as hell.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1