The NBA Finals- Warriors vs Cavs

Goo Punch

1 minute ago, Orca of Peace said:

aside from the jokes, the young Javale was a hell of an athlete and even in old age shows stints of solid play. His D on Lebron isn't a joke though, it's legit. He's a big part of winning game 2 and 3, i don't think they win G3 without him. 

The style of offense the Cavs play helps. Against Houston Javale would have been close to useless.

19 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

Seriously, does someone important in the Cavs organization owe Korver money?

Without Korver, the Cavs aren't here to get swept in the first place. That said, he's a major liability in this matchup unless he's playing at his 2015 ATL levels on offense.

Why useless against Houston? The Warriors often had a much smaller person trying to box out Capela, often failing at it. I thought it would be worth a shot to tell him go in there, run your asthmatic ass off, give us a few minutes of interior D and rebounding, because they often had none. If he can switch out on Lebron and play D, or block a JR Smith 3, I think he would have been ok switching in the Houston series.

Lol @ people who were trying to tell me this series was going to be interesting once the series came back to Cleveland.

The last 2 Finals are about as bad as it gets. On the level of the Lakers/Nets and Lakers/Sixers finals. Boring as fuck and no intrigue. The offseason will be 10x more interesting than this junk. 

9 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Lol @ people who were trying to tell me this series was going to be interesting once the series came back to Cleveland.

The last 2 Finals are about as bad as it gets. On the level of the Lakers/Nets and Lakers/Sixers finals. Boring as fuck and no intrigue. The offseason will be 10x more interesting than this junk. 

Don't remember anyone saying this series will get interesting in Cleveland.  They might have stole a game but this was never going 6

Curry was non-existent last game. Even when Durant sucked the first game his stat-line was great, and tonight he's there when they need him, they just don't.

This is going to look like the Celtics game 7 where Boston bricked 3s trying to stay in the game, only this time it will be Cleveland.

8 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Curry making a late push for Finals MVP.

Too little, too late. They were pretty close to even after Game 2, Curry maybe sightly ahead. Then, one played about as well as he possibly could, and the other about as poorly as he possibly could in Game 3. Curry would need 40+ and one of his ridiculous flurries to even make it close. In a game well on its way to garbage time.

Nonetheless, I will enjoy the commentary after whoever does win it. "They don't even need KD/It's not even his team" if Steph wins it. "Steph comes up small again in the Finals" if KD does.

Somehow, amazingly, coming from the exact same people both ways.

Edited by aggie08
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

Nonetheless, I will enjoy the commentary after whoever does win it. "They don't even need KD/It's not even his team" is Steph wins it. "Steph comes up small again in the Finals" if KD does.

It's really all the haters have at this point.

7 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Don't remember anyone saying this series will get interesting in Cleveland.  They might have stole a game but this was never going 6

Go back and see a few who quoted me. They said they can't see Cleveland not making this a series once it came back to Cleveland. After game 2, I was ready for the offseason. The last 2 Finals have been junk. And unless another mega superstar team is formed with Lebron, get used to this every June. Hell he's already reaching out to KD to try and go somewhere else.

Fuck at this point, I hope he goes to Boston. These mega superteams are lame as hell but its what you have to do if you want to win it all right now. Houston is another destination spot that would be interesting.

I won't say I feel "sorry" for LeBron, but it's dumb that people are going to remember these lackluster individual and team efforts in Games 3 and 4 and forget some of his brilliant performances in the East playoffs and Game 1.

At least Nance still plays hard.

3 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Go back and see a few who quoted me. They said they can't see Cleveland not making this a series once it came back to Cleveland. After game 2, I was ready for the offseason. The last 2 Finals have been junk. And unless another mega superstar team is formed with Lebron, get used to this every June. Hell he's already reaching out to KD to try and go somewhere else.

Fuck at this point, I hope he goes to Boston. These mega superteams are lame as hell but its what you have to do if you want to win it all right now. Houston is another destination spot that would be interesting.

I was ready for the off season after jr Smith went full jr Smith. 

I'm rooting for lebron to Houston 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I was ready for the off season after jr Smith went full jr Smith. 

I'm rooting for lebron to Houston 

Yeah Game 1 was the game Cleveland needed. That was a devastating loss. You knew they were not recovering from that one.