The NBA Finals- Warriors vs Cavs

Goo Punch

1 minute ago, ernest_t_bass said:

Kyle Korver has been abysmal in this finals.  His ONE FUCKING JOB is to hit 3's.  Can't even do that on his home floor. 

Makes you really appreciate just how extraordinary Steph and Klay are at shooting a basketball. Korver is every bit their equal on pure, catch-and-shoot 3's with a little daylight, possibly even better.* But, even great shooters like Kyle falter when a great defense takes away his airspace with playoff intensity and force them to work their ass off for every look.

*Obviously, not even in the same ballpark off the dribble.

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

Makes you really appreciate just how extraordinary Steph and Klay are at shooting a basketball. Korver is every bit their equal on pure, catch-and-shoot 3's with a little daylight, possibly even better.* But, even great shooters like Kyle falter when a great defense takes away his airspace with playoff intensity and force them to work their ass off for every look.

*Obviously, not even in the same ballpark off the dribble.

Not to downplay the greatness of Steph and Klay, but Korver's also 37.

Zach Lowe pretty much sums it up:

"Steph for sure has a Finals MVP case. It's close. Was better in G1 and G4. They were both great in G2. KD's G3 was just such a monstrous performance in the game that effectively rendered tonight irrelevant."

Just now, aggie08 said:

Zach Lowe pretty much sums it up:

"Steph for sure has a Finals MVP case. It's close. Was better in G1 and G4. They were both great in G2. KD's G3 was just such a monstrous performance in the game that effectively rendered tonight irrelevant."

Still think it's going to be Steph.  I think the media is desirous of him to get it on his resume'.  Tonight was awful and really who cares who played better..... It wasn't close as we didn't have any Kyrie to score 40.

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Still think it's going to be Steph.  I think the media is desirous of him to get it on his resume'.  Tonight was awful and really who cares who played better..... It wasn't close as we didn't have any Kyrie to score 40.

While I'm sure the media feels like they "owe" him one for giving the 2015 MVP to the fun story, rather than the best player on the winning team, it shouldn't come at the expense of KD's excellence.

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

While I'm sure the media feels like they "owe" him one for giving the 2015 MVP to the fun story, rather than the best player on the winning team, it shouldn't come at the expense of KD's excellence.

KD joined a 73-9 team. Excellence my ass

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 5

1 minute ago, Robin Masters said:

Fuck you announcers making excuses for Lebron running to the locker room like a bitch.

If it was Houston beating him, I'd tend a agree. But this would have been the 3rd time that he'd have to congratulate these fuckers...what else is there left to say?

2 minutes ago, Dallas-jo said:

KD joined a 73-9 team. Excellence my ass

Who the hell cares that they won 73 games. Seriously. It's an utterly meaningless deflection KD haters use to ignore reality.

They didn't win the title and they choked away a 3-1 lead in the Finals. End of story. 

• Like 1

Just now, Vic Mackey said:

Dirk went to the locker room right after game 6 in Miami and no one said anything. Who gives a shit about fake congratulations after these games. If you want to, cool. But you shouldn't be forced to. This isn't pee wee sports. MLB doesn't do it.

To cry. He came back out like 2 minutes later. A little bit different, don't you say?

2 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Who the hell cares that they won 73 games. Seriously. It's an utterly meaningless deflection KD haters use to ignore reality.

They didn't win the title and they choked away a 3-1 lead in the Finals. End of story. 

KD’s legacy was tarnished when he jumped on the bandwagon. I’m embarrassed to say he went to my alma mater.

• Fuck You 8

Just now, Monster said:

So people who are good with KD going to the warriors.

What if Lebron goes to the warriors in the offseason...

The Warriors weren't defending champions when KD joined, and the Warriors paid him near-max money, dumping 5 of their 10 rotation guys to make room for him.

LeBron would be going the defending champions on a minimum contract.

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Have to give up Klay and probably Draymond......

What if he took the league minimum salary?   I mean, he's got money...and he would win more rings, which is how everyone measures him compared to Jordan/others.