The NBA Finals- Warriors vs Cavs

Goo Punch

Also, this impending ass whooping could be what sends LBJ packing his bags for Houston. He wants to get CP3 a ring while cementing himself as the GOAT. Houston may have lost this battle but won the war if they end up signing LeBron.

Edited by Goo Punch

1 minute ago, Auto Driller said:

NBA cannot be happy with this matchup again...right?

2 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

Not gonna watch. #Boycottthefinals

TV ratings will definitely be interesting to monitor. Of the four Cavs-Warriors matchups, this one has the largest talent disparity, even the 2015 Finals with both Love and Kyrie out.

Doesn’t look like much on paper, for sure. You’d expect a sweep, in fact...except there’s a fair chance GS just lays an egg one night, and LBJ gets some unexpected offensive help from somewhere. But can’t see it lasting over 5. 

4 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Doesn’t look like much on paper, for sure. You’d expect a sweep, in fact...except there’s a fair chance GS just lays an egg one night, and LBJ gets some unexpected offensive help from somewhere. But can’t see it lasting over 5. 

This is exactly correct

People still cant comprehend what they are watching

This GS team is arguably the best pro sports team of all time, any sport

theyll easily beat cleveland and repeat next year

I get the feeling that this is going to be like the first two games of the '16 Finals, when Golden State was so excited to not be playing in quicksand like they were against OKC that they ran Cleveland out of the gym.

...except it's going to last the entire series this time.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

Series is going to be awful.  Gentlemen’s sweep. It sucks to be this unenthusiastic about the finals. Thanks KD!

42 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

It’s around this time (as it was last year) that the impact of Durant on the league’s balance becomes clear to even the casual fan. There’s just not that much intrigue left. 

So Golden State needed 7 competitive as hell games against Houston to advance--and possibly wouldn't have had CP3 not gone down--but, since they did, it's back to "he ruined the league!"? It's his fault that the Eastern Conference fucking blows?

Edited by aggie08
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, GabrielsHorn said:

The sport just isn’t in all that great of a spot when you know the finals at the beginning of the season. 

Ratings keep rising (though we'll see with these Finals) and the league is making money hand over fist, so I don't know about that.

3 minutes ago, GabrielsHorn said:

The sport just isn’t in all that great of a spot when you know the finals at the beginning of the season. 

Warriors in 5. Might as well bookmark that prediction for next year as well. 

Lakers Celtics 1980s was pretty much a lock and the best series ever. 

32 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

I'll see you at the parade.

I'll be the one with Gelato and side piece!

Kerr just said Iggy hasn't progressed very much or at all...... I'm going to guess he misses the first 2 games.  Advantage.... Lebron.

Edited by Patrick Bateman

Just now, TommyGufano said:

I actually think last year was closer than ppl now state, but LeBron played to about 98% of his ability, so he can only be so much better this go around and everything around him is a lot worse than it was last year.

GS sweep

This. Last year's Cavs team was fucking amazing. WAY better than the '16 Championship team. It was 5 games, but they should have won Game 3 and had a puncher's chance in Game 5. LeBron was amazing, and their offense couldn't be stopped. But Golden State played up to their potential with KD and just outscored them.

This year's Cavs team is a shell of last year's team.

8 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Ratings keep rising (though we'll see with these Finals) and the league is making money hand over fist, so I don't know about that.

Ratings are going up, but I’ve honestly lost any will to watch a league where we all know who is going to win before the season starts. 

The NBAPA is to blame as not smoothing the cap led to this situation. 

9 minutes ago, GabrielsHorn said:

Ratings are going up, but I’ve honestly lost any will to watch a league where we all know who is going to win before the season starts. 

The NBAPA is to blame as not smoothing the cap led to this situation. 

What in the actual fuck? We just watched Golden State have to come back from 15+ point deficits in consecutive games against a GREAT team without its 2nd best player (probably 1st best in the playoffs, and certainly its leader) to win in 7, and now everything's back to, "well, that was inevitable."

Edited by aggie08
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

So Golden State needed 7 competitive as hell games against Houston to advance--and possibly wouldn't have had CP3 not gone done--but, since they did, it's back to "he ruined the league!"? It's his fault that the Eastern Conference fucking blows?

yes, and partly.

• Like 1