The NBA Finals- Warriors vs Cavs

Goo Punch

1 hour ago, MoJames said:

It will be interesting to see if we can spot the exact point where Lebron decides he is leaving the Cavs this time around.

weren't we supposed to be looking for that in this past round?

1 hour ago, Orca of Peace said:

what is to stop GS from winning 2018, 2019 and 2020 Finals?  Seriously. 

Time, health.... and cap room.  They're already showing signs of slowing down.  Iggy isn't what he was and had his worst season in his tenure (although a good playoffs) and still has 2 years at 33 million.  Livingston had his worst season as a Warrior and has turned into a defensive liability.  Draymond had his worst season and playoffs thus far during their 4 year run.  Klay's extension while still a value, will increase his percentage of the cap.  They came within an hamstring of being eliminated and Steph's been hurt during the stretch or playoffs for 2 out of the last 3 years.  Where will the talent infusion come from???  Bell looks like a keeper but probably only a 6/7th man.  You can always sign a good valued stiff like Zaza and an over the hill ring chaser like West (Nene?), but they need competent wings.  Shaggy P ain't the answer.  McCaw ain't the answer. 

They've played a ton of minutes in the last 4 years and younger, hungrier teams are coming.  Boston could be scary for the forseeable future.  If Philly got a Lebron or PG13 they could be a threat although Colangelo may have sunk that ship.  They're still the class of the NBA but the gap got closer this year..... it will get even more narrow next.  I'm going to guess by 2020 they may be at the end of their run unless they did the unthinkable and traded someone for younger talent.... I wouldn't be shocked if they have an injury next year and don't win it all although they'd still be my bet before Free Agency.

7 minutes ago, longhrnfan said:

I'm sure it was before,  but you SAW it in his play during the finals. At least thats what I saw. 

Not really knocking you but some of you guys see some interesting things.  Throughout that series it was seen by most that he was playing basically by himself.   He avg'd 28/8/4, led the team in pts, rebs, asts, stls.   Shot 57% from the field and 52% from 3 but somehow he was "checked out"

32 minutes ago, d2o said:

Not really knocking you but some of you guys see some interesting things.  Throughout that series it was seen by most that he was playing basically by himself.   He avg'd 28/8/4, led the team in pts, rebs, asts, stls.   Shot 57% from the field and 52% from 3 but somehow he was "checked out"

I'm just basing it on what I saw. Stats were clearly there, but when you compare Lebron as of late, to Lebron then... he was a different player. No killer instinct in that series whatsoever compared to prior finals. Settled for jumpers when driving would have been the superior choice. I follow the heat closely given I live in Miami (although I'm a Spurs fan before all else), so I may have some bias I suppose. Totally subjective thing - I know the stats said he played well. 

1 minute ago, longhrnfan said:

I'm just basing it on what I saw. Stats were clearly there, but when you compare Lebron as of late, to Lebron then... he was a different player. No killer instinct in that series whatsoever compared to prior finals. Settled for jumpers when driving would have been the superior choice. I follow the heat closely given I live in Miami (although I'm a Spurs fan before all else), so I may have some bias I suppose. Totally subjective thing - I know the stats said he played well. 

I hear ya and I wasn't attacking you FTR.      Its just interesting how we all can look at the same things and see them differently.

27 minutes ago, d2o said:

I hear ya and I wasn't attacking you FTR.      Its just interesting how we all can look at the same things and see them differently.

Agreed. Didn't take it that way at all. Thats why we are here after all, to discuss. 

Back to the matter at hand... 

While I think the Warriors are going to stomp the Cavs, if Lebron plays out of his mind and can single-handedly pull this off... all the folks that still maintain MJ as the greatest are going to have to come around. True or False?  

2 minutes ago, longhrnfan said:

Agreed. Didn't take it that way at all. Thats why we are here after all, to discuss. 

Back to the matter at hand... 

While I think the Warriors are going to stomp the Cavs, if Lebron plays out of his mind and can single-handedly pull this off... all the folks that still maintain MJ as the greatest are going to have to come around. True or False?  

Should?  Yes.   Will?  Probably not.   He would be 4-5, blah blah blah............

Edited by d2o
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

6-0 > 4-5

I know math is hard

At least make the argument correctly. It would be 6-5 > 4-11. 6 titles in 11 seasons is better than 4 in 15. It's still an argument that heavily favors MJ, but at least it's intellectually honest.

Though I am being nice and not including the Wizard years, the lost season to an ankle injury, and the mid-season comeback year.

13 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

At least make the argument correctly. It would be 6-5 > 4-11. 6 titles in 11 seasons is better than 4 in 15. It's still an argument that heavily favors MJ, but at least it's intellectually honest.

Though I am being nice and not including the Wizard years, the lost season to an ankle injury, and the mid-season comeback year.

I thought the numbers were reflecting Finals record. There was no attempt at dishonesty

C'mon man, you have to realize by now how flawed using Finals' record is. There should be considerably more shame in losing in the 1st round than the Finals. Finals appearances aren't something to knock someone on.

If you want to argue that LeBron's Finals appearances are inflated because of the shittastic East (accurate), go for it.

If you want to argue more total title wins, MJ obviously wins that one. 

If you want to argue that, once MJ took control of the league, he never gave it back or lost again (except to Shaq and Penny, which doesn't count for some reason), then that's a good argument.

But raw Finals' win % isn't close to the be-all-end-all.

Edited by aggie08

At the end of the day, the Finals are all that fucking matter, bro. Yes Lebron has stayed in the East, where it has been much easier to make it to the Finals, year in year out. And then when he gets there, his record is poor. When Jordan made to the Finals, he never lost. And furthermore when he did, he always showed up each and every game, winning the Finals mvp all 6 times. This is the basis of my argument and the reason why Lebron will never achieve what Jordan did. He can't erase all of the losses, nor his personal performance in some of those Finals. LBJ fanboys always try to create scenarios where somehow Lebron will be better than Jordan was. The problem is that history can't be erased. 

12 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

At the end of the day, the Finals are all that fucking matter, bro. Yes Lebron has stayed in the East, where it has been much easier to make it to the Finals, year in year out. And then when he gets there, his record is poor. When Jordan made to the Finals, he never lost. And furthermore when he did, he always showed up each and every game, winning the Finals mvp all 6 times. This is the basis of my argument and the reason why Lebron will never achieve what Jordan did. He can't erase all of the losses, nor his personal performance in some of those Finals. LBJ fanboys always try to create scenarios where somehow Lebron will be better than Jordan was. The problem is that history can't be erased. 

serious question, as I don't remember, but were the Bulls underdogs in any finals?  I know their first was against an aged and injury depleted Lakers squad.  I remember them beating Utah and Portland in series, two teams that didn't win a title in that era.  They beat Utah twice, right?  One game I know they won by 50 points. They beat Phoenix once, I think, Barkley's best team.  and I googled and their other title came against Seattle.   so they didn't beat any team that had any championship pedigree except the Lakers, and that team was done until the Kobe years.

45 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

C'mon man, you have to realize by now how flawed using Finals' record is. There should be considerably more shame in losing in the 1st round than the Finals. Finals appearances aren't something to knock someone on.

If you want to argue that LeBron's Finals appearances are inflated because of the shittastic East (accurate), go for it.

If you want to argue more total title wins, MJ obviously wins that one. 

If you want to argue that, once MJ took control of the league, he never gave it back or lost again (except up Shaq and Penny, which doesn't count for some reason), then that's a good argument.

But raw Finals' win % isn't close to the be-all-end-all.

Please dont feed the troll.

• Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, bularry1 said:

serious question, as I don't remember, but were the Bulls underdogs in any finals?  I know their first was against an aged and injury depleted Lakers squad.  I remember them beating Utah and Portland in series, two teams that didn't win a title in that era.  They beat Utah twice, right?  One game I know they won by 50 points. They beat Phoenix once, I think, Barkley's best team.  and I googled and their other title came against Seattle.   so they didn't beat any team that had any championship pedigree except the Lakers, and that team was done until the Kobe years.

No

2 hours ago, immortal13 said:

Fuck off, d20. Keep sucking lebron's dick 

You mad bro? The finals record is dumb, and more people are starting to come around on that everyday. There should be no shame in making it to the finals, or losing to loaded squads as long as you did what you were supposed to do.

2 hours ago, bularry1 said:

1998 was the only year, and lord only knows why. They were better than that Jazz squad. All the other years they were big favs, and history shows that they were a better team player for player than everyone they faced in that era.

11 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

You mad bro? The finals record is dumb, and more people are starting to come around on that everyday. There should be no shame in making it to the finals, or losing to loaded squads as long as you did what you were supposed to do.

1998 was the only year, and lord only knows why. They were better than that Jazz squad. All the other years they were big favs, and history shows that they were a better team player for player than everyone they faced in that era.

The fact that he is obsessed with LBJ's dick is quite telling.    NTTIAWWT

Jazz won like 60 gms or so and the Bulls were viewed kinda like GS has been this yr as being complacent during the reg season.  Despite winning 60+ gms too.

Edited by d2o

52 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Finals record is dumb? Lmao bro 

17 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

Finals record is dumb? Lmao bro 

It is man. There are players that never won that are better than players who won. It's a team award, and a lot of it comes down to luck. For example, Had Jordan been born 5 years earlier he may have never made a finals. Then he would've had to go through a full strength Celtics or Kareem present Lakers squad. He got lucky in that he came along at the tail end of their heyday and outlasted them.

Sorry bro, but you and I both know that you are only saying that because you want to prop up you Lebron GOAT narrative. Finals are the ONLY thing that matter. Ask any player and that's what they will tell you, so it really doesn't make much difference what your opinion is. Jordan's scoring per season record will also never be broken by LJ. Jordan is the GOAT, period. Will he always be? Who knows, but it won't be Lebron James that takes the crown.

1 hour ago, immortal13 said:

Sorry bro, but you and I both know that you are only saying that because you want to prop up you Lebron GOAT narrative. Finals are the ONLY thing that matter. Ask any player and that's what they will tell you, so it really doesn't make much difference what your opinion is. Jordan's scoring per season record will also never be broken by LJ. Jordan is the GOAT, period. Will he always be? Who knows, but it won't be Lebron James that takes the crown.

You're not so smart.* Appreciate LeBron's greatness. The league has never seen as good of an all around player.**

*I will supply no facts to support this 

**Or this 

So when Lebron beats the raptors or any east shitty team he is the GOAT then when he loses in the finals everyone wants to act like he has no one on his team? He had D-wade and Bosh when no one had anything resembling a "super team". He basically ran Kyrie off and his coach off to get Lue in and then gets half his team traded for "youth" and then when he gets beats again in the finals everyone will say "finals record doesn't matter". lulzz. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Buckals said:

You're not so smart.* Appreciate LeBron's greatness. The league has never seen as good of an all around player.**

*I will supply no facts to support this 

**Or this 

Jordan was a great defender as well as the most prolific scorer in the history of the Association. Nice try tho

1 hour ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

So when Lebron beats the raptors or any east shitty team he is the GOAT then when he loses in the finals everyone wants to act like he has no one on his team? He had D-wade and Bosh when no one had anything resembling a "super team". He basically ran Kyrie off and his coach off to get Lue in and then gets half his team traded for "youth" and then when he gets beats again in the finals everyone will say "finals record doesn't matter". lulzz. 

Exactly

This over-the-top fellating of LeBron is so peculiar to me. After Game 1 Of the ECF the reaction here was, “Wow, holy shit, the Celtics might actually be able to compete in this series. Now it’s only one game, and we don’t want to jump the gun, but man, the Celtics look competitive! This could be a series!”

No, I’m not wrong. That happened. Don’t act like you don’t remember it, that happened. How about before the series even started?

“Cavs in 5, but probably Cavs in 4.”

- Literally 80% Of the people here

Seriously, 4/5 people here who predicted the series outcome said Cavs in 4 or 5.

Once again, AM I WRONG? No, I’m not. Everyone here thought the Cavs were going trounce the Celtics, and then when they narrowly escape losing the damn thing you guys all jizz yourselves every day just thinking about LeBron.

Seriously, the hot take fever here is stupid, it’s 100% mob mentality. I understand that this sentiment is sweeping the nation, but I can’t speak for them- they weren’t in here two weeks ago posting about how Cleveland was going to sweep the Celtics. You guys were. But now you want to crown LeBron the King of all Athletes of all time, and proclaim that simply winning that series which you all had him as an overwhelming favorite to win was, “the greatest accomplishment in LeBron’s career.” Yes, that was said here and nobody disagreed with it. 

LeBron is probably the best basketball player ever; he might even be the GOAT; it’s certainly debatable. But this site’s flip-flopping, hot-taking garbage is a runaway train that needs to be derailed. I don’t hate LeBron, and you can’t say otherwise. But you also can’t change the facts. This reaction is mass hysteria, and a bunch of y’all are caught up in it. 

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Fuck You 1