EPL 2018-19

Goo Punch

Yeah crazy slim margin in both games this year....
Liverpool should hold lead though with chelsea/spurs not on schedule until april

Reds need to hold serve and get past manu and toffees until then without dropping pts to the likes of southhampton,palace and liecester like chelsea and city

8 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:

Yeah crazy slim margin in both games this year....
Liverpool should hold lead though with chelsea/spurs not on schedule until april

Reds need to hold serve and get past manu and toffees until then without dropping pts to the likes of southhampton,palace and liecester like chelsea and city

RemindMe! in April

Edited by MoJames

15 minutes ago, mdmost said:

United fans have to hate their ownership for waiting as long as they did to catapult "The Special One" out of Manchester. 

I hated them for hiring him in the first place.  That drove me from casual fandom to checking every few weeks to see if he had been fired yet.

well either way they've gained 8 points on Arsenal since he took over just a few weeks ago. Emery is very quickly becoming persona non grata with Arsenal fans with the fact that we're losing Ramsey on a free and our highest paid player (ever) keeps being left out of the squad "for tactical reasons" as our team struggles to score and win. 

think about this for Arsenal: in recent years we've sold 

Wilshere, Alexis, Santi, Ramsey, Fabianzki, van Persie, Rosicky, and Debuchy for a grand total of:

£22M and Mhikitaryan

thats about £240M in players sold for £22M and a squad player. yikes. 

Your defense sucks, your roster is old, half of your best players are injured and your billionaire owner is a cheapskate. I’m not sure what the fans expect Emery to do. The 22 game unbeaten streak wasn’t a real respresentation of Arsenal’s level this year. 

Also, there’s no way that list of half-Crocked 30+ year old players would have got you anywhere near £150m let alone £240m. 

Wilshire- nicknamed jack wheelchair due to the amount of games he missed. 

alexis- should have sold him summer of 16 or 17 for £50m

Santi- dude’s been broken for 5 years. £0 transfer value

Ramsey- never can stay healthy, maybe could have sold him for £25m if the stars aligned

Fabianski- value on transfermarkt when he left to a relegation level team Swansea on a free was £2.5m

van Persie- held on to him for too long and sold him to an immediate rival for €31m. Agreed with you here that your back office screwed the pooch on this one.

Rosicky- guy was permanently injured by the age of 22. No transfer value.  

Debuchy- his value sank like a rock during his time at AFC (was never above £10m during his entire time at the club). Left on a free when his transfermarkt value was £2.5m.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Your defense sucks, your roster is old, half of your best players are injured and your billionaire owner is a cheapskate. I’m not sure what the fans expect Emery to do. The 22 game unbeaten streak wasn’t a real respresentation of Arsenal’s level this year. 

Also, there’s no way that list of half-Crocked 30+ year old players would have got you anywhere near £150m let alone £240m. 

Wilshire- nicknamed jack wheelchair due to the amount of games he missed. 

alexis- should have sold him summer of 16 or 17 for £50m

Santi- dude’s been broken for 5 years. £0 transfer value

Ramsey- never can stay healthy, maybe could have sold him for £25m if the stars aligned

Fabianski- value on transfermarkt when he left to a relegation level team Swansea on a free was £2.5m

van Persie- held on to him for too long and sold him to an immediate rival for €31m. Agreed with you here that your back office screwed the pooch on this one.

Rosicky- guy was permanently injured by the age of 22. No transfer value.  

Debuchy- his value sank like a rock during his time at AFC (was never above £10m during his entire time at the club). Left on a free when his transfermarkt value was £2.5m.

Slap a few "Fam's" and "Blud's" in there and you'd be a hit on Arsenal Fan TV.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

well either way they've gained 8 points on Arsenal since he took over just a few weeks ago. Emery is very quickly becoming persona non grata with Arsenal fans with the fact that we're losing Ramsey on a free and our highest paid player (ever) keeps being left out of the squad "for tactical reasons" as our team struggles to score and win. 

think about this for Arsenal: in recent years we've sold 

Wilshere, Alexis, Santi, Ramsey, Fabianzki, van Persie, Rosicky, and Debuchy for a grand total of:

£22M and Mhikitaryan

thats about £240M in players sold for £22M and a squad player. yikes. 

You sold Oxlade-Chamberlain for £34m. 

2 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Not really. I mean he won the ball but the studs are up and it’s dangerous play. Both should be reds

IMO his foot never leaves the ground. I could see if he lifted his leg up after the tackle, but that's a textbook sliding tackle. 

Capture.jpg

It almost looks like Bernardo lunges at the ball after the tackle and initiates the contact.

• Like 1

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

That pic certainly looks cleaner than my initial watch of the video. Either way... it certainly was less of a red than Kompany.

I can see why at full speed it looked bad. And it's harsh, but the players know they shouldn't do that. Kompany's was way worse because it was on Salah's knee. Absolute obvious red.

On 1/17/2019 at 1:05 PM, Cheeseweasel said:

I think he's a great manager under certain circumstances. I think he makes average clubs great and great clubs average.

True that. Though his Inter run was pretty spectacular. I’m a United fan and pretty much predicted how his tenure was gonnna go. I think he did a good job with the 2nd place finish last year and the Europa League championship. Things were bleak as hell under Moyes and LVG. 

City and Liverpool have changed the game and once powers United and Arsenal are playing catch up. I really hope we stick with Ole Gunnar because Pochettino has worked wonders at Tottenham and it’s good to see a manager cultivate and build a team rather than buy the whole fucking thing.