Forbes Most Innovative Companies 2018

Buzzrock

1 hour ago, Buzzrock said:

How many of you have heard of #1, or know what they do?

https://www.forbes.com/innovative-companies/#33fc37ce1d65

I'm just a dumb sales guy so I'd only passively heard their name in 2015 when one of my friends got a job there. I thought, "well that sounds like a dumb name". Then when I started working where I am now, people talked about one of the biggest integrations we do besides the obvious like SAP and JDE and Oracle, was a company called ServiceNow. "I think, that's interesting." Cut to 2 weeks ago I was in San Jose, but since it was a last minute trip all the decent IHG hotels are booked and so I stay in a crappy hotel in Santa Clara. I go to breakfast before my meeting and all I see are ServiceNow people and all I hear is them talking about ServiceNow business and being obnoxious. I walk outside and there about a block away is a medium size building with the oversize ServiceNow logo. So, I barely knew who they were before reading this link, except that they are obnoxious.

To be fair, the entire towns of Santa Clara, San Jose, and those surrounding crapholes are all obnoxious to me.

Workday is #2.   That's complete bullshit.

Starbuck's is #30.  Opening bathrooms to the masses since 2018!

Sirius XM is 35 in a dying industry.

Anheuser-Busch is #37.   Guess making crappy beer from corn is innovative.  Unless you count buying small breweries and fuck them up.

Molson Coors is #41.  Same crap, different breweries.

I'm kinda amazed people can spin up multi billion dollar businesses doing mundane established stuff such as CRM systems (salesforce), HR (workday).

more confoundingly, "enterprise" fucking chat (e.g. slack).  the model and actual well-functioning implementation of this stuff has literally existed for decades.  how does slack become slack?

1 hour ago, 52-80 said:

I'm kinda amazed people can spin up multi billion dollar businesses doing mundane established stuff such as CRM systems (salesforce), HR (workday).

more confoundingly, "enterprise" fucking chat (e.g. slack).  the model and actual well-functioning implementation of this stuff has literally existed for decades.  how does slack become slack?

Do you even synergy, bro?

I didn’t get slack, at all, until recently and now I’m a fan. They didn’t invent the wheel they just made a better one. The integrations are awesome.

23 hours ago, Macanudo said:

Workday is #2.   That's complete bullshit.

Starbuck's is #30.  Opening bathrooms to the masses since 2018!

Sirius XM is 35 in a dying industry.

Anheuser-Busch is #37.   Guess making crappy beer from corn is innovative.  Unless you count buying small breweries and fuck them up.

Molson Coors is #41.  Same crap, different breweries.

Rice actually, corn has too much flavor.