Pistol on Hulu

CooterBrown

Watched it.  Glad I did.  Can't say I'd necessarily recommend to anyone that isn't interested or a fan of punk.  

It was all a little before my time.  Have a better understanding of the founding of the band.  I have to admit I never knew of the Chrissie Hynde connection.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, pied06 said:

Watched it.  Glad I did.  Can't say I'd necessarily recommend to anyone that isn't interested or a fan of punk.  

It was all a little before my time.  Have a better understanding of the founding of the band.  I have to admit I never knew of the Chrissie Hynde connection.

I knew she was floating around the scene, but never knew about her and Jonesy being an item. One can certainly feel for her desperation being so close to being in the Pistols and/or Clash. “Oh, you’re gonna do all guys, Mick? Ok” I think it all worked out ok for her in the end though. 

As you said, it’s a must-see for fans of the band/genre. Does a pretty good job of showing how much of the band was media manipulation and how the arrival of Nancy sent it all into the shitter. It’s focused mainly on the Pistols and the Bromley Contingent, and tells the story we already know, but overall a decent telling. Cats playing Johnny and Malcolm were brilliant and the whole thing was spot-on in the costume/makeup department. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2022 at 3:01 PM, Herpa Derpa said:

I knew she was floating around the scene, but never knew about her and Jonesy being an item. One can certainly feel for her desperation being so close to being in the Pistols and/or Clash. “Oh, you’re gonna do all guys, Mick? Ok” I think it all worked out ok for her in the end though. 

As you said, it’s a must-see for fans of the band/genre. Does a pretty good job of showing how much of the band was media manipulation and how the arrival of Nancy sent it all into the shitter. It’s focused mainly on the Pistols and the Bromley Contingent, and tells the story we already know, but overall a decent telling. Cats playing Johnny and Malcolm were brilliant and the whole thing was spot-on in the costume/makeup department. 

She was shocked after watching the premiere, apparently. They really expanded the relationship between her and Jones almost to the point of absurdity, but they had to give him a love interest for the show. It was apparently nowhere near what they depicted and she was apparently closer to John Lydon and Sid Vicious. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 3 weeks later...
Forgot to search if anyone else had watch it. Killed this a few weeks back. 

chrissie and Vivianne are baddie 

I always like these type of shows. Origins of bands and stuff. Cool to learn and see how they made it 

Someone should do one based on Chrissie’s book/memoir. She has had a wild ride and is a badass.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Kyle_Chandler-Nov2009.jpg

Solid B+.

Didn't understand the gratuitous sex scene when it's not really found elsewhere in the series. But hey, she was pretty fine. The context given to London's political and economic condition given with great care by Boyle is as good as anything in the series, some pretty good acting too.

• Hook 'Em 1