Austin FC

Bottlecap

That was the right outcome. Exactly what we deserved.
A shitload of stuff just never clicked. Never a cohesive attack, and Minn had a shitload smarter touches than we did.
I loathe Redes. I’m not a huge Finlay fan. We need Hoesen in earlier, we need Kolmanic on the field longer. Gallagher continues to be one of my favorites - he’s taking solid shots of opportunity from distance, and he’s so damn fast.

So we’ve started this same group several games in a row now.  Any chance it gets mixed up for LAFC?  What do you do?  Move Ring back and put Wolff in for Perreira and maybe Kolmanic for Lima and move Gallagher over?  As much as Lima is not even a replacement level player in MLS he hasn’t been a disaster recently.  

Is the fucking DM we signed in offseason still hurt? Cause you could put him in for Perreira as well. 6 needs to sit a few games.  The league has figured him out. He’s like a rookie batter that is seeing teams for the second time right now and hasn’t changed things up. 

Edited by A-Tex Devil

21 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

Is the fucking DM we signed in offseason still hurt?

Not sure but that was such a dumbfuck signing to begin with. I held my tongue when we did it but by this point it's pretty clear that another winger is not what we need. And he's a pretty meh player. 

Not sure why we can't just moneywhip some past his prime box to box CM with the way I'm sure that we are printing money. 

Also where is Corozo? 

WTF are we doing? 

Edited by ztejas

And on the Pereira shit - I knew he needed to go as soon as he picked up that 2nd red card awhile back. Red flags don't really come in any larger sizes. Guys like that are never worth keeping around unless they're transcendent talents. He's lazy and plays dumb football and skates by on above-average talent. He's fine. He's a good player when he gives a shit and plays smart football. He very rarely does that. 

• Like 1

LA lost on Saturday meaning we're only 9 pts back. 

Imagine if we hadn't fucked away so many points in other games...

Oh well. Probably tough to catch them even with a win tonight - but still a huge game for potentially snagging a champions league spot. If either LA or the Eastern conf winner wins the cup then the next best record qualifies (which is us then Montreal currently who are 2 pts back). 

Obviously if we were to win the cup then we qualify automatically. 

51 minutes ago, Jerry Callo said:

To avoid being burned by LAFC on counters, our defense needs to stay in a position to defend.  Cascante trying to dribble through the middle or Lima trying to cross from the high corner will cost us.  Finley shouldn't even be allowed in the box while we're defending.

1090913754_ProjectName.gif.c14bae307fbbb5a13a7a94097ec2efb9.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bottlecap said:

Both conference winners autoqualify for the concacaf champions league? Otherwise wouldn't the 2nd best record be between us, philly, and montreal if LAFC won it?

Yep. 

Which seems silly, but MLS doesn't play a double round robin so it kind of makes sense. 

8 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Damn. Kicking things off right. 

I'm stuck at work for another half hour. 

haha, this was a quick lunch beer and shot getaway. 

she said it was her "first day"

I said.. well alrighty then, " can i get a pic, im not from around here" 

Edited by kingkoopa6