Austin FC

Bottlecap

Austin looked pretty good the first half, but couldn't capitalized.  They looked pretty bad the second half, but found the net.  I'm glad Seba made that shot, because he played terrible most of the second half.

1 hour ago, Jerry Callo said:

Austin looked pretty good the first half, but couldn't capitalized.  They looked pretty bad the second half, but found the net.  I'm glad Seba made that shot, because he played terrible most of the second half.

Rubio's shot that hit the crossbar in literally the first 45 seconds of the match was a thing of beauty.   Then we put one off the post.  It was maddening.

And yes, Driussi has had some mediocre stretches this season for sure.

When we play our substituted front line late in the game (pulling Rubio and Obrian, putting in Zardes), we lose a lot of the dynamic energy and speed.  But Zardes reminds us that wisdom, experience, and futbol smarts still matter.  He's made a couple of assists, including his header back out so Driussi could drill a shot home, that show some solid smarts.  So our attack looked shitty late, but once the ball was up there, we had a chance.

• Hook 'Em 2

I like CJ, but we really lost the plot once he came in for Obrian. Houston appeared to be the better team from that point until we made that last push and got the goal.  Houston badly needs to bring in someone who can finish if our two matches against them are representative of their other results. 

Zardes played his best game of the year imo, but similar to Rigoni, when the ball comes to him, I just kind of hope for the best but expect him to lose it after a few touches.  Rigoni also gets props for that corner ball, but it may have been the only ball he played all game that made it to one of our players. Him and Zan  just cannot seem to put the ball into a place where we have a chance to get a head on it.  Perhaps we should just have Driussi kick Rabonas from the corner spot. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Whew. Deserved a win, but also tried not to get one at times.

Folks were happy to celebrate the W.

6e6f8ee57a8d68d1904d09da15c03040.jpg

You got any extra tickets on this row for next game?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BurdineBandit said:

We did it! We finally fucking did it!! 

6 goals and 6 assists in 58 appearances. While Jader has 4 goals and 2 assists in 14 appearances. Don't have to say much more. 

Adios, Rigatoni.

Seriously, more than anything else, he was just a demonstrable and undeniable momentum killer.  His foot was where our attack went to die, almost every damned time he was in.

• Hook 'Em 1

While I definitely did not want to keep him, I did think the timing was a bit odd. Not so much after seeing this

Yep. I think they were playing him more lately to see if he could perform well enough to generate any interest/trade nibbles. He didn’t. So when the clock ran out, adios.

bukari would be awesome.  he makes an impact on the pitch and you definitely notice him.  

are MLS contracts not guaranteed?  i always thought they were, surprised we bought out rigoni. 

23 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Adios, Rigatoni.

Seriously, more than anything else, he was just a demonstrable and undeniable momentum killer.  His foot was where our attack went to die, almost every damned time he was in.

I don't know how many times I yelled at a ref for playing advantage when the ball went to Rigoni.  

• Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, gsoda3 said:

bukari would be awesome.  he makes an impact on the pitch and you definitely notice him.  

are MLS contracts not guaranteed?  i always thought they were, surprised we bought out rigoni. 

Clubs can buy out two contracts per year (up from one in previous years). Everything else is guaranteed.