Alvin, WTF is wrong with you?

RPM

Would a school district be the decider of consent when there is an alleged sexual assault?

I would like to think that the police are called to handle the situation. It just doesn't make sense to me that a school wouldn't report this to the correct authorities. Don't the individuals open themselves up to liability if they fail to act?

Perhaps the ISD did everything they're legally required to do, which can also include not commenting on the story and their actions. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Would a school district be the decider of consent when there is an alleged sexual assault?

I would like to think that the police are called to handle the situation. It just doesn't make sense to me that a school wouldn't report this to the correct authorities. Don't the individuals open themselves up to liability if they fail to act?

Perhaps the ISD did everything they're legally required to do, which can also include not commenting on the story and their actions. 

Your are being hard on the ISD. They did suspend the guy for 3 whole days.

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I mean, I feel for the mom, but this is a terrible analogy. 

"My daughter would walk down the hallway with Jeffrey Dahmer, because she can't read people."

Yeah, terrible analogy as her daughter would have been perfectly safe walking with Dahmer because everyone knows he only killed and ate gay men.

Every teacher and administrator associated with this situation needs to be fired. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, HornPhD said:

Yeah, terrible analogy as her daughter would have been perfectly safe walking with Dahmer because everyone knows he only killed and ate gay men.

Every teacher and administrator associated with this situation needs to be fired. 

I was actually thinking of Ted Bundy. My mistake. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

As a former middle school teacher, I am not shocked an administrator would not have any clue about students with disabilities or that one would attempt to cover up this situation. 

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, HornPhD said:

As a former middle school teacher, I am not shocked an administrator would not have any clue about students with disabilities or that one would attempt to cover up this situation. 

I would participate in covering up the school admin, with the whole of the Atlantic Ocean, and the student, with whatever burning shame leaves an indelible sign.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

Lot's of details missing. But if the assault happened and the punishment was suspension for 3 days, that's a big WTF. Did the police press charges? Why is that dude not in jail?

This is in the article.  If the DA isn't pursuing charges, I don't know how the ISD is the one that is supposed to administer justice.  

ABC13 learned the case was turned over to the juvenile division of the Brazoria County District Attorney's Office and a grand jury declined to file charges against the boy. We stopped by their office to find out why and are waiting on an answer

• Rage+1 2