Jump to content

Bachelor/Bachelorette/Paradise Catch-All


C-Man
 Share

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

Based on this post and your last post in this thread, I'm thinking you're cutting him a little too much slack.  If he was already in love with Susie, the problem isn't that he told her he nailed the other two.  The problem is that he nailed them at all.  The way it looks to me is, everything he said to those two was complete bullshit with the end goal being that they sleep with him.  We can throw out all the Surly backslaps to him we want, but he did them pretty shitty.  Here are all the transgressions I can think of off the top of my head.

Told them all he was in love with them when in reality, he was in "love" with Suzie and just wanted to fuck Gabby and Rachel

Would have banged all three when he already knew who he was going to pick.  I guess he just wanted to make sure one of the girls he didn't like as much wasn't such an animal in bed that he had to keep her.  

The worst thing was when he talked them into coming back by withholding one crucial piece of information (he loves Suzie the most and they are just the consolation prize.)  And he kept talking about needing to be honest with them, all while lying his ass off.  They were home free, and so was he, and he couldn't deal with being the Bach who ended up getting rejected by all three of his final 3.  So he sweet talked them into coming back and giving "love" one more chance.  He really sold that shit too.  Telling them he still loves them, etc.  And once he gets them back, he immediately dumped them both (in a group dumping) for the girl he wanted the entire time.  Don't get me wrong.  I only watch this shit for the drama, but this was one of the most selfish immature leads they've ever had.  And I think they knew it and manipulated this poor bastard the entire season.  That's why Shanea lasted as long as she did.  Who knows how many of his bad decisions he made the past two episodes were producer driven, but he's kind of a grown ass man who should know better.  And even if he's not, he had a grown ass man in his dad telling him he was fucking up.  If you really think he was just telling the truth and nothing he did to Gabby and Rachel was terribly shitty and beyond the scope of "a fucking game show", you might not have been paying close enough attention.  

Yeah, that makes sense. I ask again -- have these girls watched this show before? He's trying to pick somebody out of 30 in a 3-month period. Very few of these relationships develop into anything other than a short romantic fling. Almost every one-on-one date when there are three left result in spending the night in the fantasy suite. Maybe I'm naive but I figured almost all of those involved sex. Clayton did dig himself a hole when he tried to justify nailing the two by saying Suzie told him to investigate the other relationships "fully." Again, I'm under no allusion that this will wind up in marriage but, shit, they've already been through more hardship than most of these deals.

I've never seen them cut to live members of the audience watching during the finale scenes like they did. I half-joked that Clayton might want to come out wearing a bullet-proof vest as the majority of the audience looked like they were out for blood. Well, at least the last two were kind of entertaining for the most part. Reality Steve didn't have much of a clue of what ultimately happened.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

Based on this post and your last post in this thread, I'm thinking you're cutting him a little too much slack.  If he was already in love with Susie, the problem isn't that he told her he nailed the other two.  The problem is that he nailed them at all.  The way it looks to me is, everything he said to those two was complete bullshit with the end goal being that they sleep with him.  We can throw out all the Surly backslaps to him we want, but he did them pretty shitty.  Here are all the transgressions I can think of off the top of my head.

Told them all he was in love with them when in reality, he was in "love" with Suzie and just wanted to fuck Gabby and Rachel

Would have banged all three when he already knew who he was going to pick.  I guess he just wanted to make sure one of the girls he didn't like as much wasn't such an animal in bed that he had to keep her.  

The worst thing was when he talked them into coming back by withholding one crucial piece of information (he loves Suzie the most and they are just the consolation prize.)  And he kept talking about needing to be honest with them, all while lying his ass off.  They were home free, and so was he, and he couldn't deal with being the Bach who ended up getting rejected by all three of his final 3.  So he sweet talked them into coming back and giving "love" one more chance.  He really sold that shit too.  Telling them he still loves them, etc.  And once he gets them back, he immediately dumped them both (in a group dumping) for the girl he wanted the entire time.  Don't get me wrong.  I only watch this shit for the drama, but this was one of the most selfish immature leads they've ever had.  And I think they knew it and manipulated this poor bastard the entire season.  That's why Shanea lasted as long as she did.  Who knows how many of his bad decisions he made the past two episodes were producer driven, but he's kind of a grown ass man who should know better.  And even if he's not, he had a grown ass man in his dad telling him he was fucking up.  If you really think he was just telling the truth and nothing he did to Gabby and Rachel was terribly shitty and beyond the scope of "a fucking game show", you might not have been paying close enough attention.  

All of this. In addition, he gaslit the shit out of Susie on the fantasy suite date. This dude's EQ is severely lacking. I found it really hard to feel sorry for him at all. On the other hand, I thought Gaby came out of it smelling like a rose (pun sort of intended).

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The guy is a piece of shit, good riddance. The instant you say “I love you,” the fucking around ends. And you sure as fuck don’t say it to multiple women… hell, they used to have an understanding the lead was to never declare “love” for a suitor, and that was used as a shield to give culpable deniability (remember how the lead always used to proclaim their love at the final rose ceremony, and shout out, “ I’ve wanted to say that for so long!”?). Clayton and Susie have no future. 

And I’m Team Gabby, especially if she remembers to not let her face do that droopy thing it tends to do. She’s still cute as hell, has a phenomenal body and the best personality of just about anyone who’s ever appeared on the show. 

Clayton: “Can I walk you out?”

Gabby: “No.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

The premiere for Rachel and Gabby’s season was tonight. Great shot of Gabby in a bikini early on — not too shabby! The wife and i are a little more than halfway thru the episode and not much memorable to this point. The twins are creepy AF.
Nobody seems to know what the rules are going ti be. Could be a trainwreck. Also, this contestant is a senior offensive analyst for Texas Tech:

https://texastech.com/sports/football/roster/staff/kirk-bryant/196

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Vito Andolini said:

The preview for the rest of the season showed the two women eventually looking a lot like they did when Clayton dropped the bomb on them, weeping, devastated and broken. Producer Mike Fleiss gives it two big thumbs up! 

They must wind up OK. They appeared together on Kimmel last night and they were yukking it up pretty good. Looked like best buds.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Guess the wife and i are the only ones watching this season. It’s pretty lame so far but we got a wheels off episode last night as multiple guys told Gaby on a group date that they were interested in pursuing a relationship with Rachel, not her. Shot her wheels off.

So the girls decide to “take back control” and go on separate journeys now, only to see three guys decline rose from Rachel at the dual rose ceremony. Jesse coming in to snag those roses from Rachel was cold AF. He seemed to enjoy that quite a bit. None of those three got roses from Gaby but there’s a clip during the credits of that Meatball guy trying to beg his way back on with Rachel.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Watching off and on with the wife.  They clearly couldn't pull it off like the Joe Millionaire guys could.  

 

Kind of funny to Jesse take the roses.  May have been the production but this came to my mind.  Rachel has guys fawning over her, and duds are ditching Gaby left and right.  No surprised, but Gaby is hurt and Rachel empathizes and they take control.  Then at the Rose Ceremony, the tables are turned and dudes are turning down Rachel and Gaby doesn't seem to mind.  May have just been the way they showed it, but seemed kind of funny to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, pied06 said:

Watching off and on with the wife.  

same.

11 hours ago, pied06 said:

Kind of funny to Jesse take the roses.  May have been the production but this came to my mind.  Rachel has guys fawning over her, and duds are ditching Gaby left and right.  No surprised, but Gaby is hurt and Rachel empathizes and they take control.  Then at the Rose Ceremony, the tables are turned and dudes are turning down Rachel and Gaby doesn't seem to mind.  May have just been the way they showed it, but seemed kind of funny to me.

this is exactly what we said.  kinda shitty for gabby not to bring that stuff to her attention.  those dudes were completely straightforward about it, and get punished along with rachel.  neither chick is cute and their personalities and actions make it worse.  i didn't watch the past couple seasons of bachelor/bachelorette so they are total strangers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So Gaby has her date which is the guys boxing against each other.  For some reason, they have Rachel come in with her crew as an audience.  They set up the girls on one side and the guys are on the other.  The only person in the world surprised that the guys were into watching their friends beat the hell out of each other is Rachel.  🤷‍♂️

A smooth guy is going to take a chance and slide over, but 99% of guys are going to go where they're told and watch them fight.  Surprised a couple didn't bow out after her melt down there.  I get they are there to find love" but we all know what happens as soon as a fight starts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

same.

this is exactly what we said.  kinda shitty for gabby not to bring that stuff to her attention.  those dudes were completely straightforward about it, and get punished along with rachel.  neither chick is cute and their personalities and actions make it worse.  i didn't watch the past couple seasons of bachelor/bachelorette so they are total strangers.

Gaby's got an incredible body but I'm pretty sure I couldn't handle the baby voice over time. She's definitely much more attractive than Rachel, who is a little on the dumpy side IMO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, C-Man said:

Gaby's got an incredible body but I'm pretty sure I couldn't handle the baby voice over time. She's definitely much more attractive than Rachel, who is a little on the dumpy side IMO.

gabby looks like off brand nikki cox. looks like she’s had a lot of work done for only being 31 and will age horribly. when she had a beret on last night she looked 60. old people are gross. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Mac8111 said:

I was the only one to watch BiP??

VastLongBuzzard-max-1mb.gif

We watched it. We were way behind and binged it and watched the finale tonight.

It had some good moments but I was more than ready for it to end. It doesn't help that it's back-to-back, two-hour episodes every week. That's too much, man. Also, I think Jesse gets some perverse enjoyment out of the emotional carnage that happens in Paradise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, C-Man said:

VastLongBuzzard-max-1mb.gif

 

We watched it. We were way behind and binged it and watched the finale tonight.

It had some good moments but I was more than ready for it to end. It doesn't help that it's back-to-back, two-hour episodes every week. That's too much, man. Also, I think Jesse gets some perverse enjoyment out of the emotional carnage that happens in Paradise.

 

 

Yeah, a couple weeks too long.    Like most seasons I'm half paying attention and may have missed something but seems like Victoria may hold the title for biggest 180 to villain ever on the show.  She seemed pretty normal from what I can recall and then shows up with a new dude and tattoo and just went to get a drink in Rome.  I hadn't heard anything about it and it was wild.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pied06 said:

 

 

Yeah, a couple weeks too long.    Like most seasons I'm half paying attention and may have missed something but seems like Victoria may hold the title for biggest 180 to villain ever on the show.  She seemed pretty normal from what I can recall and then shows up with a new dude and tattoo and just went to get a drink in Rome.  I hadn't heard anything about it and it was wild.

I didn't either. I normally get so bored with the Bachelor/Bachelorette seasons by the mid-point that I start reading the rumors and spoilers from Reality Steve, etc. I didn't see this coming at all.

Oh, and loved Kate's explanation for dragging Logan behind his back. That bitch is going to make some poor bastard miserable for as long as they're together.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

so yeah, i'm on ep8.  it's only been a couple episodes since the whole "swap the girls out" move.

1. it should've been plainly obvious to anyone with a brain (i know) that wherever the chicks were going, there would be new dudes for them as well.  they act like they were on a bus to rikers.

2. the conversations the women were having were hilarious and show zero self-awareness or knowledge of how non-bachelor relationships work:

-chad and i have had the best 48 hours i've ever spent with another person, our connection is so real and so strong, all i want to do is spend every waking moment with him

-ladies, we're going to take you to a resort for a week

-holy shit, this is the worst thing that's ever happened to me, our connection is hanging on by a thread, i didn't realize there would be other girls in the picture, i will be absolutely shocked if chad remembers my name in a week, my life is over.

-ladies, we're bringing in 5 new dudes.

-chad who?  heyyyyyyy boys.

3. adults entering into the dynamic of a manipulative dating show get so perplexed when their situations get manipulated, it makes me laugh.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My two favorite moments: 

 

When they pulled the girls away to the other villa and the original girls lost their shit and just sat around pouting.  The insecurity was at an all time high and was glorious.  

 

Towards the end when Andrew was having that closure talk with Gensenya (I know that is not how her name is spelled, but fuck it) at the dance and the new girl tried to flex on him and demand he stop the talk and go back inside to the dance, not once but twice, and then Andrew said fuck it, I am leaving.  To watch her go from flexing on him hard to having a complete meltdown and begging him to stay while only knowing him 24 hours was the highlight of the season for me.  

 

And Victoria throwing her pussy around after the season was over is the least surprising thing in the history of Bachelor history.  

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Mac8111 said:

And Victoria throwing her pussy around after the season was over is the least surprising thing in the history of Bachelor history.  

On her original season, her revealing that she had previously boned the token country singer that gets brought out to serenade the couple on their date was an all-time Bachelor moment for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

on ep11 now and man, this is some heavy lifting.

so many needy chicks and indecisive dudes all in the same area with surprisingly few rose ceremonies (3?).  so nobody is comfortable, so much angst, and lots of triggering of my ptsd from circular conversations with idiots that didn't need to happen in the first place.

"i got asked out on a date on a show where the main feature is getting asked out on dates so i went to the guy who i've known for 72 hours and he didn't order me not to go on the date so now i feel disrespected and unwanted because he didn't fight for me and now i'm going on the date and i'm gonna make-out with him and come back holding hands right in front of the other dude."  lol.

also i missed the last couple seasons of bachelor/ette but when did "pull" become the preferred nomenclature for "can i steal you for a minute?"  everybody says "pulled" when someone asks to go talk to someone.  it's like the word has lost all meaning.

i didn't see genevieve's season but fuck she is a beating.  just reminds me that chicks don't always need a reason to start a fight, they just wake up and choose violence.  i need to watch football to cleanse my brainthoughts.  this is not a show that was meant to be binged. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I moved the “up” arrow on my remote to check the info in the finale and it said Ep 16. Let’s see, 16 episodes x two hours = 32 fucking hours of my life was lost to this season. It was by no means worth it. Stupid, non-interesting famewhores running around with a black box superimposed on their asses, chasing “clout,” pushed ahead by an oh so earnest ex-jock who’ll obviously say anything for a buck. You know the contestants suck when a third of the season is devoted to former cast members like the crying virgin and her forgettable husband and the recent shitty Bachelorettes.

Wells’ retelling of the Sally saga may have been the redeeming quality, other than Ency’s psycho Andrew reaction at the dance and Victoria’s tits. Ok, Victoria is #1. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

kate to interviewer - logan had a chance to try and sweep me off my feet tonight, and he didn't, so...

kate to every person who would listen - logan is 26 and broke and i need someone with disposable dog-surgery cash who can take care of me.

i wish i could find summer logan and shake some sense into him before he fucks this up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Wife and I watched the first episode last night. I need someone to prove to me that Zach isn't a robot. Thought it was hilarious that he gave the first impression rose to the girl who said that she's always wanted to settle down in Austin. He also was all about Kaity the ER nurse. She gives off crazy vibes, but she lives in Austin so of course he's into her. It appears his main qualification at this point is convenience to his current residence.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...