Champions League 2022-2023

sidis

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Also, state ownership (and a shitty state at that) is a definite issue and I hate it, too.

But if you are against billions in oil money buying success you should probably stop supporting the University of Texas and its teams. 

when do we start enjoying the spoils of our largesse?

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Also, state ownership (and a shitty state at that) is a definite issue and I hate it, too.

But if you are against billions in oil money buying success you should probably stop supporting the University of Texas and its teams. 

Texas concocted an elaborate, and fraudulent,  scheme to cheat and gain a massive advantage over its rivals? Texas refused to cooperate with an investigation so that when evidence came out of their cheating, they weren't able to be punished due to statute of limitations? Get the fuck out of here.

Edited by Schulz2.0
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Texas concocted an elaborate, and fraudulent,  scheme to cheat and gain a massive advantage over its rivals? Texas refused to cooperate with an investigation so that when evidence came out of their cheating, they weren't able to be punished due to statute of limitations? Get the fuck out of here.

400.webp

The salty tears are delicious. Again, I responded to the post complaining about oil money. No more, no less. Everyone can continue to feel free to respond to things I didn't say, though. So far that's two. With a third we can have our own treble!

Edited by Huckleberry

14 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

400.webp

The salty tears are delicious. Again, I responded to the post complaining about oil money. No more, no less. Everyone can continue to feel free to respond to things I didn't say, though. So far that's two. With a third we can have our own treble!

Lol, I'm not bitching about money. I'm saying they cheated their asses off. They then lied about it and covered it up.

Edited by Schulz2.0
  • Hook 'Em 1

We have what jnip and maybe one other ManC fan here, but y’all take my simple shot at the ManC/PSG big spenders and turn it into this retardedness…

Lol, you’d think I insulted Liverpool or Chelsea or Messi or something.

As to the game, it was entertaining but that whole game felt inevitable

11 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

•World Cup in Qatar
•Saudi’s buy Newcastle and the PGA
•City and their 115 charges win the champions league. 

Banner year in soccer and sportswashing 

Does sportswashing really work to create a better image of Saudi Arabia? It seems to me like most people in the western world don't follow golf or soccer enough to know what's going on and so it has no impact on them. The ones that are paying attention aren't going to have a more positive view of SA or Qatar after all the chicanery that's been pulled. The World Cup matches were fantastic, but every off-the-pitch story was about the use of slave labor to build infrastructure or lack of beer in the stadiums. City has an amazing team, but everyone knows how it was bought.

I've heard more references to 9/11 and Jamal Khashoggi this week than I have in years, so if anything I'm thinking all of this is having a negative PR impact.