Jacking off to my Sark performance fantasy

Wulaw Horn

With more games and practices, the more opportunities to get better within his system. It's obvious the defense is ahead right now, as a unit. But these guys on offense keep getting better, I think of USC when they started their run. Herbie mentioned Ed Reed and the 2000 Miami squad which kicked it into gear and got on a run. 

There's that potential with this win, with this team to keep moving in that direction, the rest of the season will tell us that. 

I'm fucking pumped about this win and this team's potential. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Believe me yet? 

Great win all around. Credit to Sark for having the team ready, the players who went out and made it happen, and those here that were correct in calling a Texas win.

There are also 10 games left including the full conference slate. The signature win box has been checked, then next step is consistency. Excited, yes, but not ready to spike the football for anything beyond the Bama win yet.

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Josef Pwag said:

Normally, when someone is supremely confident about something, they don't call it a fantasy. 

That was literally the post title that CTJ said I should make in the fall 2022 thread when I said we’d be pretty good. 
he said “go start a thread somewhere else where you jerk off to your Sark performance fantasy.”

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/25/2022 at 10:13 AM, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Are you starting out with your shittiest argument?

Fuck, man.

On 8/25/2022 at 10:36 AM, Helobious said:

I don’t know that I’ve ever been less confident in sark than I have after reading this thread. Please stop giving your “arguments” Wulaw. Killing my hope.

On 8/25/2022 at 10:54 AM, Wulaw Horn said:

Feel free to not read. You are basically wrong about everything so if you are saying stop it clearly means all gas and no brakes is the way to go. 

On 8/25/2022 at 11:04 AM, gmr548 said:

^ you repped me for this post on January 2, 2021.

To now be writing what you did to open this thread, given Sark's body of work so far, is, uh... Well, it's something.

On 8/25/2022 at 11:14 AM, Wulaw Horn said:

It's almost like I wrote these actual sentences in this stream of posts in the last 30 minutes.:

I have to admit, I was not at all happy about the Sark hire.  I wanted Urban badly. I was very bummed when we didn't get them. 

On 8/25/2022 at 11:21 AM, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Each time you roll out a new argument a pumper on the other thread changes his tune to “we’re fucked, aren’t we?”

On 8/25/2022 at 1:30 PM, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Winning attitudes develop as players see the rewards that come from doing what you ask them to do.

Players know when they’re being ask to do stupid shit (looking at you PK) and they stop believing in what you’re asking them to do. A lack of belief manifests itself as the loser’s mentality we keep seeing.

Shockingly enough Helo with the dumbest post on the thread. Never change captain dipshit. 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Also, not sure what it says about just how terrible a human being I am that I’m bumping a thread titled jerking off to my Sark fantasies looking for receipts while I’m waiting for church to start, but here we are. 

true detective time GIF

On 9/10/2023 at 10:09 AM, TwiceHorn said:

I still fear the team might be a bit psychologically delicate.  It didn't show last night, but I have come to believe that over this long dry spell, we really had just forgotten how to win.  I think the relatively poor performance against Rice, compared to last night, reflects that a little bit.

And yes, it is the coaches' responsibility to instill that, but I think that has more to do with actually winning on the field than psychological preparation of some sort.  The coach has to recruit the jimmies and joes (so Sark gets a check plus here), install winning systems and game plans (Sark gets a check, at least, maybe a check with question mark), and the players have to execute well enough to pull it off (and I think this is the biggest part and there's only so much the coaches can do here).

Only when that all comes together for some big wins, including some gut checks, do we recover our winning mentality.

Now, as was noted, we have to deal with prosperity.  I think a head coach may actually have more ability to control that than instilling the winning mentality, per se.

I would have agreed with you 9/10. But now I think we were wrong.

7 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Shockingly enough Helo with the dumbest post on the thread. Never change captain dipshit. 

Huh, I’m shocked I didn’t say anything stupid (in this thread, I know I have elsewhere). 

this team (and coach) is in the process of making a believer out of me.

Edited by lilMAC25
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Also, not sure what it says about just how terrible a human being I am that I’m bumping a thread titled jerking off to my Sark fantasies looking for receipts while I’m waiting for church to start, but here we are. 

I am here for it!

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

It was really on the 2022 fall camp thread where it got heated/stupid. 

Yeah, it was some extremely pessimistic and, imo, wildly incorrect takes on various topics by a couple of guys whose handles remind me of Apple computers that caused me to stop lurking. So, really, this is their fault.

And it was still going on as recently as posts in which I opined that Texas beats Alabama by 10+ and that Ewers would outplay Milroe. 

Edited by Doc Daneeka
  • Hook 'Em 2

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

He’s a great talent acquisition guy. Great development staff. Checks every single box that you would want a head coach to check off the field. I’m not completely sold on all his game day decision making but it’s gonna be a fun next decade fellas. 
Buckle up fellas we are about to win a lot of games. 

He did a really good job last night (when needed, first half).

He is 180 degrees from what we've been battered with. For example: 

8185974452_6b61256318_o.jpg

His recruiting and NIL may have changed the paradigm.   Hook'em!!!!

Edited by SaucyJack
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 8/25/2022 at 10:13 AM, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Are you starting out with your shittiest argument?

Fuck, man.

On 8/25/2022 at 10:36 AM, Helobious said:

I don’t know that I’ve ever been less confident in sark than I have after reading this thread. Please stop giving your “arguments” Wulaw. Killing my hope.

On 8/25/2022 at 11:21 AM, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Each time you roll out a new argument a pumper on the other thread changes his tune to “we’re fucked, aren’t we?”

On 8/25/2022 at 1:30 PM, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Winning attitudes develop as players see the rewards that come from doing what you ask them to do.

Players know when they’re being ask to do stupid shit (looking at you PK) and they stop believing in what you’re asking them to do. A lack of belief manifests itself as the loser’s mentality we keep seeing.

On 8/26/2022 at 8:53 AM, closetojumping said:

Thanks for the invite to this thread, but in the interests of all parties involved, I'll leave all of you chucklefucks alone here in this thread to circle jerk among your pollyanna selves.

Helo of course with the self own. 
thanks for the title CTJ. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, SaucyJack said:

He did a really good job last night (when needed, first half).

He is 180 degrees from what we've been battered with. For example: 

8185974452_6b61256318_o.jpg

His recruiting and NIL may have changed the paradigm.   Hook'em!!!!

He’s been awesome at identifying and fixing problems in the program and with himself. He’s clearly got a great offensive mind. He’s just got to figure out some of the other stuff beyond that on game day. I sort of think he will but if that’s his Achilles heel it still doesn’t stop us from making the playoffs 60 or 80% of the time with the new expanded playoff format. But, we probably won’t win it all unless he gets better at that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

He’s been awesome at identifying and fixing problems in the program and with himself. He’s clearly got a great offensive mind. He’s just got to figure out some of the other stuff beyond that on game day. I sort of think he will but if that’s his Achilles heel it still doesn’t stop us from making the playoffs 60 or 80% of the time with the new expanded playoff format. But, we probably won’t win it all unless he gets better at that. 

Agreed for the most part.  I've had my WTF moments.  However on further review, I had been discounting the success of some of those decisions and over valuing the failures.

That said, last night he tapped the brakes, punted and put great pressure on the opposing offense.  Man, it's gonna be fun again to have 10 win seasons.

• Hook 'Em 1

Ha 
haha
hahaha. 
This was all foreseeable his first offseason when he went like 10/10 on the checklist he needed to nail. 
He’s a great talent acquisition guy. Great development staff. Checks every single box that you would want a head coach to check off the field. I’m not completely sold on all his game day decision making but it’s gonna be a fun next decade fellas. 
Buckle up fellas we are about to win a lot of games. 

Think I need to see them close this thing out next week and follow it up next year by not regressing to 8-5 or whatever before I jump in to the Sarkle jerk. Think it’s a mix of the Big 12 being hot garbage this year and maybe some PTSD from genuinely believing Texas was making its way out of the wilderness after Herman’s second year.

That said, 11-1 speaks for itself. Have to give credit and eat some crow. I’m a lot more optimistic than I was 12 weeks ago.

I was terribly wrong about sark. His culture sound bite last week said it all. It was authentic vs Herman / Mack culture coach speak and it’s evident in how the team plays. There’s an astounding level of humility evident in his words and it seems his leadership has made a significant impact on the culture of the program.

The 5 star culture adds to an already great value proposition to recruits. It’s also going to put a lot of players in the league.

• Like 2

On 8/25/2022 at 11:43 AM, Wulaw Horn said:

We are on the cusp of a golden age of Texas football and people are going to start seeing it this year when we win 9 or 10 games (counting possible big 12 title game and bowl game in this number), finish the year with a team that would throttle the team that began the year, ink another top 5 class, fill some needs in the portal and come into 2023 with the mindset of show me a loss.  

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

20 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Think I need to see them close this thing out next week and follow it up next year by not regressing to 8-5 or whatever before I jump in to the Sarkle jerk. Think it’s a mix of the Big 12 being hot garbage this year and maybe some PTSD from genuinely believing Texas was making its way out of the wilderness after Herman’s second year.

That said, 11-1 speaks for itself. Have to give credit and eat some crow. I’m a lot more optimistic than I was 12 weeks ago.

Look at the roster and the recruiting, the portal and the buy in. We have a floor that’s consistent with what we should expect at Texas and it’s all pointed in the right direction. He does need to get better at some decision making but you can see improvements already. PK needs to as well, and that’s on Sark that he needs to manage him out of some of his worst tendencies as he’s the head coach, not the head coach of the offense. 
He got bailed out getting cute with the worthy pass and the dropped int that was unnecessary down there. But man, those are not picks (that can get you beat, granted) and not program derailing foundational issues. 

25 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

This roster and incoming recruiting class are far away from what Herman accomplished in year 3

Edited by SaucyJack
see WH
  • Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Sark has shown he is a good program builder. It is the game day issues that hold Sark back. K State and TCU were on him but the players bailed him out. So having enough talent to overcome his weakness works for me. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Sark has shown he is a good program builder. It is the game day issues that hold Sark back. K State and TCU were on him but the players bailed him out. So having enough talent to overcome his weakness works for me. 

Yep. Lots of coaches cough, Mack brown, cough, have won a lot and run successful programs with this format for sure. Also, sometimes coaches grow into becoming better coaches. 
But yes as to him making mistakes. Thought he actually called a great game against KSU though. 

26 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Yep. Lots of coaches cough, Mack brown, cough, have won a lot and run successful programs with this format for sure. Also, sometimes coaches grow into becoming better coaches. 
But yes as to him making mistakes. Thought he actually called a great game against KSU though. 

It is about PK falling back into his comfort zone and it taking two weeks for Sark to get him out of it. Sark should be asking his coach to be more aggressive in game. So game day weakness isn't just his play calling. Lets hope he gets better since he did show some improvements in that area this year.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/25/2023 at 9:28 AM, Wulaw Horn said:

He was awesome the last 2 weeks at this by the way.  The thing I like most about Sark, and I like a shitload of stuff about him, is that he does a frank self assessment and gets better.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 8/17/2023 at 10:52 AM, Wulaw Horn said:

I sort of think there’s a chance that Sark goes down as the second most accomplished coach in Texas history. Like- maybe a coinflip. Also an almost 100% chance he’s a dismal failure if this year isn’t something like 11-2 in the regular season. This is gonna be fascinating. 

So, I'm going to upgrade Sark likelihood at being second best coach in program history to greater than a coin flip.  Like, maybe 2 in 3

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1