Other Games Thread 2022 edition

shadow_operative2.0

26 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

fuck beth m on the call....🤬

Not liked even back in 2015... ESPN just doesn't get it

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/criticizing-sec-broadcasters-week-10/

Though many never really did a good job of articulating exactly why they disliked the job Mowins was doing, that didn’t stop SEC fans from blasting her on Twitter:

@bethmowins is ruining this #VANDYvsUF game for me.. I'd rather listen to Carl Lewis sing the national anthem on repeat for 3 hours.. #awful

— Ryan Miller (@Milzo13) November 7, 2015

This frickin #VANDYvsUF game is a great game. If not for having to listen to #BethMowins she's horrible. Mute

— Shelley (@HeyShellRenee) November 7, 2015

#VANDYvsUF is a great game but completely unwatchable bc of @bethmowins . Just awful. Thank you mute button

— John Woodfin (@JWoodfin14) November 7, 2015

I'd really like to watch the #VANDYvsUF game with the volume on but Beth Mowins' voice makes me homicidal. Thanks @ESPN

— Twit Media Critic (@TwitMediaCritic) November 7, 2015

And that’s just a small sample. There were many, many more with the same sentiment.I

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Not liked even back in 2015... ESPN just doesn't get it

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/criticizing-sec-broadcasters-week-10/

Though many never really did a good job of articulating exactly why they disliked the job Mowins was doing, that didn’t stop SEC fans from blasting her on Twitter:

@bethmowins is ruining this #VANDYvsUF game for me.. I'd rather listen to Carl Lewis sing the national anthem on repeat for 3 hours.. #awful

— Ryan Miller (@Milzo13) November 7, 2015

This frickin #VANDYvsUF game is a great game. If not for having to listen to #BethMowins she's horrible. Mute

— Shelley (@HeyShellRenee) November 7, 2015

#VANDYvsUF is a great game but completely unwatchable bc of @bethmowins . Just awful. Thank you mute button

— John Woodfin (@JWoodfin14) November 7, 2015

I'd really like to watch the #VANDYvsUF game with the volume on but Beth Mowins' voice makes me homicidal. Thanks @ESPN

— Twit Media Critic (@TwitMediaCritic) November 7, 2015

And that’s just a small sample. There were many, many more with the same sentiment.I

It's the voice. 

I fully admit to being prejudiced when it comes to women calling men's sports. But for Beth(and Doris) it starts with the voice. There is this chick who calls mostly SWAC games. And she's not that bad. Sometimes you can't tell if it's a woman or a dude with a high pitched voice. I can deal with that.

Note: This is not a commentary about their knowledge of the game. Just because someone has knowledge doesn't mean you want to hear them talk about it.

10 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

It's the voice. 

I fully admit to being prejudiced when it comes to women calling men's sports. But for Beth(and Doris) it starts with the voice. There is this chick who calls mostly SWAC games. And she's not that bad. Sometimes you can't tell if it's a woman or a dude with a high pitched voice. I can deal with that.

Note: This is not a commentary about their knowledge of the game. Just because someone has knowledge doesn't mean you want to hear them talk about it.

Doris is fine. And she's a total pro 

1 minute ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Is this a special uniform for Houston? I always kind of liked their red uniforms and helmets.

Mostly the old school or regular color ones work for everyone. Every once in a while they’ll throw a different combo or new uni out there and it’s cool but for some reason they don’t roll with it after that. 

20 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Is this a special uniform for Houston? I always kind of liked their red uniforms and helmets.

it is the "going for record penalties" special uniform

and sweet the UH blocker just tackled his own player

UH is in love with third and greater than 10 yards

3 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Yeah, I can see it when she has the glasses on. Got a lil PAWG MILF thing going.

I had a good buddy in college from the Hamptons who was a total douche in all of the most entertaining ways (as most of us were) and he had a thing for Doris Burke. Not sure I understood it but I respected it. 

51 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

It's the voice. 

Tiffany Greene...

image.png.2e69af41e169800bd9c3b4e33c930b4d.png

She comes across as a female Gus Johnson at times with her calls but pretty so!id, imo.  I have no issues with Mowins or Pam Ward, and Doris donning glasses gives her a bit of a sultry, shy librarian vibe. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I had a good buddy in college from the Hamptons who was a total douche in all of the most entertaining ways (as most of us were) and he had a thing for Doris Burke. Not sure I understood it but I respected it. 

I was just messing with you. She does know her stuff. Like I said it's just a me thing.

But she could still get it.

Edited by Brothahorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

I was just messing with you. She does know her stuff. Like I said it's just a me thing.

But she could still get it.

Yeah I know. I was just tacking on to the "does anyone else kind of want to fuck Doris Burke" angle. 

@PittsburghTiger see my post in the MLB thread. 

Edited by ztejas