Texas Track and Field

Machinator

3 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

The sprinters on the women's side are much better than the men. 

For the men to win they were going to need 16 to 22 points from the other events. The women's team is built on the sprints. 

I always felt a team built on sprinters were stronger. . 

Rickylovesweed could you expound a little bit on the recruiting class you commented on a few days ago please?   The one recruit i saw from Highland Park doesn't seem like a top sprinter to me with just the 7th best time in the state, and a 21 flat in the 200 meters if ok, but nothing spectacular.  I hope there is a lot faster guys than him coming in.   TIA 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, orangeut said:

Rickylovesweed could you expound a little bit on the recruiting class you commented on a few days ago please?   The one recruit i saw from Highland Park doesn't seem like a top sprinter to me with just the 7th best time in the state, and a 21 flat in the 200 meters if ok, but nothing spectacular.  I hope there is a lot faster guys than him coming in.   TIA 

There's a good discussion here. https://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_read.php?thread=11289973

Spoiler

University of Texas Men is A+++
its so many standouts to list but they recruited three of the top 5 best dualhurdlers in the nation all running 36.2 or less. Brenen Thompson running 10.2 and john rutledge 20.55. Nolton Shelvin 10.1 . Jeremiah Nubbe top ranked discuss thrower. Their Distance recruits are crazy good too.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

There's a good discussion here. https://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_read.php?thread=11289973

Hide contents

its so many standouts to list but they recruited three of the top 5 best dualhurdlers in the nation all running 36.2 or less. Brenen Thompson running 10.2 and john rutledge 20.55. Nolton Shelvin 10.1 . Jeremiah Nubbe top ranked discuss thrower. Their Distance recruits are crazy good too.

Very good to know. . Idk but I could see Thompson on next years 4x100 and in the 100 & 200 . . . 

11 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Reveal hidden contents

good to see distance is coming in, we kind of punted on those this year