Texas Track and Field

Machinator

This is also going to come down to inches. 

Blazevicka faulted by inches on her final long jump and it was a great jump. She was going to finish near the top if that jump counted. 2nd place was probably in reach if that jump counted. 

This might  come down to a toe being over the line. Brutal. 

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

They did on the men's side. Their sprinters are much better. 

Not so much on the women's side. Texas would have won if Gittens or Blazevicka didn't choke. The women's side losing was our own doing. 

Yeah, choking I guess I put under the heading of getting whipped by someone whose own competitors didn't. A shame it happened, but hopefully it's a learning experience that leads to a title soon. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Gut Wagon said:

Yeah, choking I guess I put under the heading of getting whipped by someone whose own competitors didn't. A shame it happened, but hopefully it's a learning experience that leads to a title soon. 

It's going to take some next level choking for Flo to not win more national titles at Texas.

He won 1 national title this year with 3 runner-up finishes and better talent is coming in. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Close meet.  Great showing  by the Horns.    A DQ, a dropped baton, a hit hurdle, a muscle cramp…

Things have to go your way.  

Mouse does a great job for us.  We keep winning the indoor title and fon’t have an indoor facility.   Your coach is a winner, you are only getting better. 

Congrats on a successful year. 

Edited by Gatorubet
  • Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Steiner is incredible. She ran one of the fastest 200 prep times in high school coming off an ACL tear. 

I'm just sad Texas hired Floreal a year late or Steiner would be at Texas. 

Whoever the next Abby Steiner is, hopefully he snags her.

I’m proud of the programs.  Flo knows what he’s doing and will win NCs here.  Women remind me of when Bev was here, and the men look liight years better than when Bubba had the program. 

Something I wanted to happen with the hiring of Flo was a regress with aggy.  I think you’re starting to see that.  And I think several aggy (women) have transferred here.  Henry is 70, and it sounds like his son is in line to take over and that isn’t what aggy wants (and I wouldn’t either as I don’t think he’s as good as his dad, but that’s just me from miles away looking in). 

Nice job Horns!  Can’t wait for the coming years!

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I’m proud of the programs.  Flo knows what he’s doing and will win NCs here.  Women remind me of when Bev was here, and the men look liight years better than when Bubba had the program. 

Something I wanted to happen with the hiring of Flo was a regress with aggy.  I think you’re starting to see that.  And I think several aggy (women) have transferred here.  Henry is 70, and it sounds like his son is in line to take over and that isn’t what aggy wants (and I wouldn’t either as I don’t think he’s as good as his dad, but that’s just me from miles away looking in). 

Nice job Horns!  Can’t wait for the coming years!

Are you talking about Kurt? Kurt is Pat's nephew. 

But that would be excellent news for Texas. The aggy sprinters have regressed under Kurt. 

3 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Are you talking about Kurt? Kurt is Pat's nephew. 

But that would be excellent news for Texas. The aggy sprinters have regressed under Kurt. 

I swear aggy said it was his son, but that’s just mean reading texags.  I trust that you’re right. 

But no, it doesn’t seem like any of them want him to take over. 

Just now, Pancho said:

I swear aggy said it was his son, but that’s just mean reading texags.  I trust that you’re right. 

But no, it doesn’t seem like any of them want him to take over. 

My daughter was recruited by Pat. Great coach and person. He's  old school so I do wonder how the transfer portal and NIL is going  with him leading the charge. 

Kurt has quite the reputation and not in a good way. I would be surprised if Kurt could even pass a background check but he is already an assistant there. 

I'll post my thoughts on the recruits coming in when I get time to break it down. The men's side is stacked in the hurdles and distance for 2022. They also have the top shot-putter coming in. 

I don't follow recruiting in football but what have they been saying about Ryan Niblett? His future is on the track. 

• Hook 'Em 2

18 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Damn that white girl from Kentucky fast

18 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

She just obliterated that 3rd leg.

18 hours ago, kingkoopa6 said:

Wow. That white girl was incredible for Kentucky 

props for reals.. had to watch that leg again

• Hook 'Em 1

Tangentially related - Leroy Burrell out at UH to take over Auburn.  Could help with Houston area recruiting? Always thought that was a heck of a selling point - get coached by a former world record holder.

Kinda surprising he would leave his alma mater.

edit - just read the story about him losing his son and wanting a fresh start.  I forgot about that.

Edited by jeevsie
do my own research

Flo needs to find a way to keep Pete Watson at all costs. 

Watson is turning Texas into a top 10 distance program with almost no scholarship money being allocated to distance runners. I know Watson has been interviewed for a couple head coaching opportunities recently. He turned down Cal Poly. 

On 6/11/2022 at 7:27 PM, Pancho said:

Something I wanted to happen with the hiring of Flo was a regress with aggy.  I think you’re starting to see that.  And I think several aggy (women) have transferred here. 

They lost their top two sprinters on the women's side yesterday to the transfer portal. More are coming. 

Pat Henry is great coach and man but it's a full on mutiny over there right now. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2022 at 8:41 PM, HenryJames said:

Nubbe won the U20 national championship in discuss and the hammer. 

He has a great chance of producing points in two events at Texas. These are the type recruits that will win you national championships because of point scoring across multiple events. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...