UW at Sbbruin's UCLA, 9:30p CT on ESPN (Friday)

LTtxfan

Just now, Sbbruin said:

Chip Kelly is a great offensive mind. Just a horrible program builder. When he gets canned, if Saban hires him as OC, Bama would wreck shop way more than they already do

And then we hire him as a head coach. 

FML 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He's not a great offensive mind.  
He did OK with NIKE money.  He hasn't done dick since.  That UCLA got him cheap, and bid against themselves on his extension, tells the story. 

Nobody else wanted him.  If UCLA cut him loose tomorrow, he'd be an analyst somewhere 

You know who else thinks he's a "great offensive mind"?   

Derka.    Think about that. 

Edited by Gil Bang

4 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

He did OK with NIKE money.  He hasn't done dick since.  That UCLA got him cheap, and bid against themselves on his extension, tells the story. 

Nobody else wanted him.  If UCLA cut him loose tomorrow, he'd be an analyst somewhere 

Not a good take.  You’re in the grumpy minority of people who have followed his career. 

You are absolutely wrong. He is a good offensive coach. Very good

6 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

What was Saban’s record the NFL? Urban Meyer’s?  Matt Rhule? Basically a gd miracle if you take a guy from college and it works. 

3 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Damn... DeBoer head coaching record  83-9

He’s like Leipold in the way. Worked his way up from places like Sioux Falls and then to Fresno State and now a big time P5. But some people want a bigger sample size with guys like that. They need to be winners in P5 for much longer even though as a HC (no matter the division) they have winning records. Not for nothing both Kansas and Washington are 4-0. At least of this movement.

1 minute ago, XForce said:

yeah I was thinking a few minutes ago how i’d be much more excited to have a weekend in LA than one in Tuscaloosa or Athens. 

Looks like there's plenty of seats available at ucla football games... knock yourself out.  😋

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

I'll guess 55k. We haven't had 100k in 25 years

the cool thing about realignment is when B10 play starts, you’ll have that thing filled because people will want to take a trip to the Rose bowl. Not sure that will work the other way around though

6 minutes ago, XForce said:

Don’t lie, you looked that shit up before you posted it didn’t you?

My closest friend on this planet for the last 45 years is a proud and loyal UCLA alum.   We talk frequently.    We discuss football every time we talk.  He believes that Dave Aranda wanted the job and could have been had.  Yet, they extended Chip when nobody else wanted him. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

GIF-OK-okay-Cheryl-Cole-GIF.gif&ehk=IWil

Strange gif. Considering it's math. Before that TD the score was favoring the under. If another TD is scored and nothing else this half then it will be right on pace. 

This isn't some crazy score-fest that makes the o/u look stupid. 

1 minute ago, D3zii said:

how long has chip been at UCLA??

this is year 6 IIRC.  He's been there 5 for sure. 

EDIT: wiki says '18 was first year.  

So, he's in year 5 at a world-class university, in a world-class city, with world-class pussy. Guys in Westwood aren't heading to Prairie View to get laid. A West L.A. 4 is a College Station 9.  

Let's see what happens.  I want him to succeed, I truly do.  UCLA is a fantastic University.  Among the finest in the world.   I like them, and I root for them, and I didn't apply there because I didn't think I'd get in. 

Edited by Gil Bang