UW at Sbbruin's UCLA, 9:30p CT on ESPN (Friday)

LTtxfan

6 minutes ago, D3zii said:

how long has chip been at UCLA??

this is year 5.  they were garbage his first 3 years (though year 3 was the covid year where the pac 12 played like 7 games so who gives a fuck).  went 8-4 last year and are off to a nice start (though against garbage comp before tonight) this year.  it was going to take a few years to turn that program around when he took the gig and it appears he is doing just that.  they won't ever be as good as his oregon teams were but they should be decent to good most years moving forward i'd think.

he lucked out that the portal became such a significant part of roster building though because a recruiter he is not.

9 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Strange gif. Considering it's math. Before that TD the score was favoring the under. If another TD is scored and nothing else this half then it will be right on pace. 

This isn't some crazy score-fest that makes the o/u look stupid. 

Sometimes you post dumb shit...

It's just a fuckin' gif dude.

I still think the over was a good bet.

36 minutes ago, XForce said:

yeah I was thinking a few minutes ago how i’d be much more excited to have a weekend in LA than one in Tuscaloosa or Athens. 

A part if me will always think about the "what if" of Texas, Tech, OSU, and OU going to the PAC with Colorado and Utah.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

A part if me will always think about the "what if" of Texas, Tech, OSU, and OU going to the PAC with Colorado and Utah.

Same. I most recently thought it when it was announced we were headed to the SEC. I get it from a business perspective…I don’t get it from a culture/fit perspective.
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

7 minutes ago, mdleast said:

Same. I most recently thought it when it was announced we were headed to the SEC. I get it from a business perspective…I don’t get it from a culture/fit perspective.

Absolutely. Culturally, our student and alumni base are closer to UW, Colorado, Cal, or UCLA than aggy, pig, LSU, or Bama. And that is more true every year. Mostly I just wanted it for the road trips though.

Money is king, though, and it's inarguable financially. At least we get something out of it as fans in the form of reviving a couple historic rivalries. I can at least get excited about that.

Edited by gmr548
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

19 minutes ago, mdleast said:

This and this.

ditto!