Happy New Years You Surly Bastards

SHOOTER12

Thanks @SHOOTER12. I had seen that you were maybe going through some tough shit but I didn't pry to figure out the details. Whatever it was I hope you're on the better side of things. Even if you aren't - keep fighting and sticking with it.

For me, personally, all I do is try and be a little bit better of a person every day. I've never bought into New Year's resolutions - but if it's something that works for others then go right ahead. 

I'm still an asshole on here way more often than I'd like to be - but I do think I'm getting better everyday. I think the 2023 version of ztejas will be more palatable than the 2022 version just like the 2022 version was better than the previous versions. 

I love all of you sick, twisted bastards and as much as it's nice to walk away from this place every once in awhile I think there's a lot of character to be built here. There just isn't another community out there like this one. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 4

3 glasses of champagne and i can't sleep. Happy fucking new years.

Haven't drank a drop since September, and kind of lamenting that

2022 was better than 2021... Here's to hoping that we're on the upswing.

Love this place and most of you assholes. Happy New Year's 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Thanks @SHOOTER12. I had seen that you were maybe going through some tough shit but I didn't pry to figure out the details. Whatever it was I hope you're on the better side of things. Even if you aren't - keep fighting and sticking with it.

For me, personally, all I do is try and be a little bit better of a person every day. I've never bought into New Year's resolutions - but if it's something that works for others then go right ahead. 

I'm still an asshole on here way more often than I'd like to be - but I do think I'm getting better everyday. I think the 2023 version of ztejas will be more palatable than the 2022 version just like the 2022 version was better than the previous versions. 

I love all of you sick, twisted bastards and as much as it's nice to walk away from this place every once in awhile I think there's a lot of character to be built here. There just isn't another community out there like this one. 

This is a better place because of your posts, so don't cut back.

Yes, it's been a rough year. Although hope supposedly springs eternal sadly I don't hold out much hope personally for next year. Our daughter thank God I believe will be cured and come out fine, but I'm not nearly so optimistic about myself. My marriage,  my health and overall outlook have gone to hell. I've fought health issues for a while and it has severely affected my marriage and life overall. I've just gotten to the point where it's a struggle and painful to get out of bed everyday. Despite this, I am hopeful my health will improve. The marriage? I'm beyond caring. When a person is sick and their spouse abandons them to the point of not speaking or cooking or helping for months...fucki it, I'm better off in another realm anyway. It's been a great run and I've done my best to be kind and loving regardless of how I've been treated lately, so I hope God knows I've done my best.

Love you guys.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4

Love this place and you guys and everyone I’ve met IRL from this and shaggy have been cool. I’ve often come on here especially in the early days of the old site drunk to let out steam from everyday life.   Now mostly more chill posting but when I lose my shit I post shit sometimes.  But it really helps and is like another family often even if I just lurk on thinks to distract me from every day life.  

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

This is a better place because of your posts, so don't cut back.

Yes, it's been a rough year. Although hope supposedly springs eternal sadly I don't hold out much hope personally for next year. Our daughter thank God I believe will be cured and come out fine, but I'm not nearly so optimistic about myself. My marriage,  my health and overall outlook have gone to hell. I've fought health issues for a while and it has severely affected my marriage and life overall. I've just gotten to the point where it's a struggle and painful to get out of bed everyday. Despite this, I am hopeful my health will improve. The marriage? I'm beyond caring. When a person is sick and their spouse abandons them to the point of not speaking or cooking or helping for months...fucki it, I'm better off in another realm anyway. It's been a great run and I've done my best to be kind and loving regardless of how I've been treated lately, so I hope God knows I've done my best.

Love you guys.

I know some people on here in real life.  Almost everybody is good people.  I don't know you.  I don't know your shit.  But I truly hope your daughter goes through the other side okay.  Sorry for whatever else you're going through personally.  I got plenty of shit to conquer in 2023.  But your little girl, as a father of two myself, I pray she is cured and comes out fine.  

Wishing you all a year of peace on this rock.  There is something else out there.  I know it.  In my bones.  But for now, there ain't no world but this one.  Be kind.

• Hook 'Em 2