Xmas Eve Bumble date turns into 5 day kidnapping and worse

AUS-97HORN

overall, terrible fucking story and I really hope the young lady can recover from this.

on the other hand, fuck this guy and have fun in prison for 70 years asshole.

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/state/texas/article270752377.html

A woman was held captive, beaten and sexually assaulted for five days by a man she met on a dating app, Texas police say. After talking on Bumble, investigators say 21-year-old Zachary Mills picked the woman up and drove her back to his apartment in Spring on Dec. 24, according to court documents. Mills immediately tried to have sex with the woman upon entering his apartment, but when she refused, he began beating her and biting her on the face and neck, she told investigators, according to the documents.

She tried to run but Mills stopped her every time, she said in the documents. He sexually assaulted her, police said, and she was given no food or water over her five days of captivity. Sometimes, his “hands got tired from hitting her” and he would grab a screwdriver and bludgeon her with the handle, “causing serious bodily injury,” documents said.

Her chance to escape came Dec. 29 when Mills left the apartment to visit his father’s home. The woman picked up her clothes, dashed outside and turned to the first people she saw for help, she told police. She had “severe bruising to both eyes, bite marks and cuts to both her throat and nose, and severe bruising to (the) majority of her body,” documents said. Deputies went to Mills’ apartment with a warrant the following day and arrested him, the Harris County Constable Precinct 4 said in a news release.

He was booked into the Harris County jail on a charge of aggravated kidnapping, with his bond set at $50,000. However, court records show Mills has been released and is under house arrest. Police say more charges could be brought against Mills as the investigation continues.

legit first question is how in the fuck is he ONLY on a $50k bond??? 

Hes up for multiple rape, assault, assault with a deadly weapon, kidnapping, and probably some sort of torture statutes since she didnt get anything to eat or drink. 

Thats mega hard time and he is just sitting under house arrest under a bond that I think only cost him or his family $5k?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 5

23 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

legit first question is how in the fuck is he ONLY on a $50k bond??? 

Hes up for multiple rape, assault, assault with a deadly weapon, kidnapping, and probably some sort of torture statutes since she didnt get anything to eat or drink. 

Thats mega hard time and he is just sitting under house arrest under a bond that I think only cost him or his family $5k?

Harris county, bruh. 

Oh, and why do hate the constitution? 

I agree with the emotion of the OP, but also this came up with SBF and FTX, there is a fundamental misunderstanding of the purpose of bail. It's not supposed to be punitive but a response to what prosecutors think is the risk of flight (and staying flown).

This horrible creature will get plenty of time behind bars in due time after due process.

Edited by HamsterHookah
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, HamsterHookah said:

I agree with the emotion of the OP, but also this came up with SBF and FTX, there is a fundamental misunderstanding of the purpose of bail. It's not supposed to be punitive but a response to what prosecutors think is the risk of flight (and staying flown).

This horrible creature will get plenty of time behind bars in due time after due process.

Let’s hope the next girl also has time to escape while he waits 2 years to get into a Harris county courtroom. 

11 minutes ago, HamsterHookah said:

I obviously wasnt clear in my post.  I actually understand the purpose of bail is designed to ensure the arrested have a reason to make an appearance in court at the proper time.  In my opinion, only putting up $5k gives the fuck a much better chance of making a run for it. 

I wasnt pissed at a $50k bail anywhere near as much as it being allowed to have a bond vs actual allocated funds.  I honestly believe it should have been set at $500k to ensure whoever posted the bond has a strong financial incentive to make damn sure the asshole shows up to court everytday.

I realize that $5k is probably a shitload of money to a 21YO, and probably their family... but thats just low enough that a family could bail him out, help him just enough where he can make a run out of state/ border and try and get away.   This guy lived in Mexico for 12 years before being caught as an example 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, AUS-97HORN said:

I obviously wasnt clear in my post.  I actually understand the purpose of bail is designed to ensure the arrested have a reason to make an appearance in court at the proper time.  In my opinion, only putting up $5k gives the fuck a much better chance of making a run for it. 

I wasnt pissed at a $50k bail anywhere near as much as it being allowed to have a bond vs actual allocated funds.  I honestly believe it should have been set at $500k to ensure whoever posted the bond has a strong financial incentive to make damn sure the asshole shows up to court everytday.

I realize that $5k is probably a shitload of money to a 21YO, and probably their family... but thats just low enough that a family could bail him out, help him just enough where he can make a run out of state/ border and try and get away.   This guy lived in Mexico for 12 years before being caught as an example 

You went from $50k bond in the OP, then to $50K bail in this post and then to $5K bond? 

Monday morning QB and all, but you're going to some dude's house that you met on the internet?

Absolutely doesn't remotely justify what happened to her, but that's also a big WTF?