2023 Texas Softball - Back to WCWS

Js1

5 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

That has to be one of the worst pitching innings you’ll ever see. Two HBP, one that bounced, 3 illegal Ps, then the losing WP that went about 35’. 

Very sand aggy 

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

Hope the break works in our favor. I can’t figure out what’s wrong with Kelly Maxwell. I almost convinced myself that she took a dive in the second ou game.

I notice she has gained weight,  doesn't have that precise location and movement as before.   Perhaps end of season fatigue.   She has a super 1.77 era though.

Today's schedule:

Date Away Home Time Location Links
Friday 5/12/2023
10:00 A.M.

Oklahoma City / 2023 Phillips 66 Big 12 Softball Championship First Round TV: Big 12 Now on ESPN+ Stats Video
Friday 5/12/2023
1:00 P.M.

Oklahoma City / 2023 Phillips 66 Big 12 Softball Championship Semifinals TV: ESPNU Stats Video
Friday 5/12/2023
Kansas/Oklahoma State
4:00 P.M.

Oklahoma City / 2023 Phillips 66 Big 12 Softball Championship Semifinals TV: Big 12 Now on ESPN+ Stats Video

Texas is 9th in this morning's RPI.  So we aren't actually out of the top 8 convo yet. 

Top 8

OU
UCLA
Stanford
OK State
FSU
Duke
LSU
Northwestern

41-12 Texas is #9.... but then you have #7 LSU at 40-15, #8 Northwestern at only 36 wins and #4 OK State at 41-14, who are 11-12 since April 1 and 4-11 over the past month (2 wins over Tech, 2 wins over ISU), with two (!!) five game losing streaks. 

Texas, with a win today over #55 Kansas, would be at 42 wins.

I really don't know how the committee handles this. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I'm debating who we should pitch tonight and versus OU tomorrow if we win.  I apologize to Mac Morgan, she didn't pitch that Friday night L against KU. 

KU
Czech 2.1 IP, 4 R, 4 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
Simpson 4.2 IP, 5 R, 4 ER, 3BB, 3 K
Morgan 8 IP, 2 H, 2 BB, 5 K
Gutierrez 4 IP, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 2 K

Mac pitched the best, but then you waste her for Saturday.  Maybe let Czech try and redeem herself and have Simpson ready to go out of the pen

OU
Czech 1.1 IP, 7 H, 5 R, 4 ER, 1 K
Simpson 4.2 IP, 6 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 4 BB, 2 K
Morgan 7.2 IP, 10 H, 6 R, 5 ER, 5 BB, 4 K
Gutierrez 4.1 IP, 10 H, 6 R, 2 ER, 2 BB

Mac is the better pitcher against OU (drop ball) and Citlaly probably performed the best of the rest - defense let her down badly on that Sunday game (5 unearned runs)

11 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Certainly not the first dream to die in Waco. 

It certainly sucks and Mike isn’t happy but a team that is primarily freshman and sophomores got a little too big for their britches and lost sight of the goal after sweeping Ok State. Hopefully Baylor humbled us into another run to OKC

Edited by Js1