2023 Texas Softball - Back to WCWS

Js1

24 minutes ago, Js1 said:

11 in RPI. I’m guessing seeds are done. A win may only move us up a seed or so but the top 8 died in Waco

A team losing 3 in waco doesn't deserve a top 8... that series was brutal.

Hopefully we continue our current hot streak into the NCAA's.

And as always...    blOU SUCKS!!!  🤘

1 minute ago, Texas Wahoo said:

image.thumb.png.9b415536867ea9cf605c14ef081f39ee.png

Aren’t they so lucky they get to play 6-10 regular season and Big 12 tournament games there before the WCWS? 

I bet the SEC will put a stop to that, and no SEC tournament in OKC, since it rotates at team ballparks. 

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

Aren’t they so lucky they get to play 6-10 regular season and Big 12 tournament games there before the WCWS? 

I bet the SEC will put a stop to that, and no SEC tournament in OKC, since it rotates at team ballparks. 

Why OKC having Big 12 and SEC softball tournaments isn't impossible     https://www.statesman.com/hookem/

I agree with your sentiments but the above is a headline from a paywall article in today's AAS.    I can see the SEC agreeing for the tournament to be in OKC for attendance purposes similar to the SEC Baseball Tournament which is held at a minor league park in Hoover, AL.

B12 may want to go to the team park rotation due to less attendance after the departure of OU and Texas.   Sponsor Phillips 66 will have a say on the final outcome.

Edit:  That article is from the Daily Oklahoman reprinted by the AAS.   Sry I don't have.

Edited by torre

I am hoping the selection committee remembers (knows) we swept Okie State in our series with them.  The last several years, I had no problem with OSU getting a higher seed than us in the NCAA playoffs, because they either swept us or won the series, just saying.

2 minutes ago, orangeut said:

I am hoping the selection committee remembers (knows) we swept Okie State in our series with them.  The last several years, I had no problem with OSU getting a higher seed than us in the NCAA playoffs, because they either swept us or won the series, just saying.

They’re still probably going to be. Be prepared for them somewhere between 6-8 and us 9-11. Though I doubt they’d match us up for supers at 8-9, 7-10 or 6-11. They’ll be moved up or down a seed to likely avoid it. 

1 minute ago, HollidayHorn said:

Extra Innings has us at 9 and going to LSU for Supers and OSU at 11. We'll know soon. 

9 would be really good. It’s basically a tossup in terms of national seeding. And I’d love a crack at LSU. 

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

Just dodged both right ???

Yeah. Kinda wish we got Bama, with Fouts being an unknown after an SECT injury. Texas kinda got hosed being in the 13-16 range. Fucking Baylor. We did it to ourselves but like damn 

Edited by Js1

We did play some pretty epic games against Tenn back during the late 00s and early 10s so that should be fun if us and Tenn both advance 

Just now, TrashMaster G said:

How many times since aggy went to the SEC have their teams been sent to Austin for NCAA playoffs across all sports?

And how many times have been sent to Collie Station?

Travel rule makes it easy. Same with Texas State. Don’t worry, once we move to the SEC, they’ll just replace aggy with Baylor