Tender Age Shelters

Hugo Stiglitz

2 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

Could it be that those angered by this are event vs. policy focused? You need a core to give a fuck vs. hop from one event to the next. Keep the information flowing, etc. But tomorrow the media can choose the next event and everyone jumps over to it. Being outraged just to be outraged is not the way forward. 

The American people aren't letting this one go away and neither is the media (excluding Fox News). 

The reporting might not be everyday non-stop but it will be in the front page space for a while. 

The coverage of the protests this Saturday should tell you something.

In an open letter to the network posted on his LinkedIn page, Turkel says Fox News's "heinous" coverage of the separation of migrant families is the reason he's leaving.

"Your network has been very very good to me. The 400 plus appearances I've made on Fox News and Fox Business have helped me generate lots of keynote speaking appearances and helped me sell a bunch of books," Turkel writes. "All of that being said, I also have to say I can no longer appear on the Fox network. I quit."

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/28/us/politics/state-human-trafficking-report-migrants.html

WASHINGTON — The State Department warned in a report on Thursday that separating children from their parents can cause lasting psychological damage that leaves them vulnerable to trafficking, a cautionary tale that comes amid an uproar over a Trump administration immigration policy that has temporarily broken up migrant families as they enter the United States.

“Children in institutional care, including government-run facilities, can be easy targets for traffickers,” the department’s annual Trafficking in Persons report concluded.

It added: “Even at their best, residential institutions are unable to meet a child’s need for emotional support that is typically received from family members or consistent caretakers with whom the child can develop an attachment.”

The conclusions in the State Department’s trafficking report, one of the world’s most comprehensive, did not specifically address the Trump administration’s “zero tolerance” policy on the southwestern border. It also gave no indication that trafficking is peaking, or that an enormous child smuggling ring is responsible for thousands of children attempting to enter the United States from Mexico.

In a briefing for reporters, a top department official referred questions about children’s treatment on the southwestern border to the health officials who have responsibility for their care. The official also sought to draw a distinction between child smuggling and trafficking. The official spoke on the condition of anonymity under the terms of the briefing.

Wonder if Trump will tweet about this one...

9 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

That's odd the system can immediately charge & process that many/ release, yet can't place more that 6 kids (from what I heard on the news) back with parents in about a week...

20 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

That's odd the system can immediately charge & process that many/ release, yet can't place more that 6 kids (from what I heard on the news) back with parents in about a week...

There’s no government contractors making big profits off of protestors. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

There’s no government contractors making big profits off of protestors. 

My like button is maxed out for the day, but I completely agree with your mindset & why the system is this way..! 🤘

On 6/20/2018 at 6:04 PM, Brisketexan said:

Nope.  But look....when Stephen Miller chooses a coward's suicide over going to prison....I'll probably grin, even though I really shouldn't.

In response to "Is there a point where the attack on human decency and traditional American values is so abhorrent that a secret service agent or 3 just pump round after round into the trumps and the white house staff?" - 

On 6/20/2018 at 4:36 PM, Brisketexan said:

Yeah...if we have to go "praetorian guard" to "save the Republic," it doesn't matter -- we've already lost it.

Damn. I didn't realize.

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

So were these kids being trafficked/sold by the administration?

Hmmmm...maybe the Q anon people had part of the story right, but they didn’t realize who was actually trafficking the kids.

Don’t be so gullible.

The truth is we have no idea what they intended to do with these kids.  They haven’t been forthcoming at all.  Their stories change by the day and no one is being held accountable.  

One can only conclude they are extremely incompetent, evil, or both.

The food chain starts at the top with Cheeto. It's just like the rest of the dreck with this administration. He'll claim he didn't know anything about it or intend for it to happen this way. Meanwhile, behind the scenes, Miller, Sessions, and whoever else are sending out memos guiding policy that the orange pustule endorses. Just like the memos for the military bases to prepare for thousands of more occupants.

45 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

Okay, so what do YOU think the plan was when it comes to these kids?  

*disclaimer: I do not agree with or support this policy.

They are using it as a deterrent. Come here and we'll take your kids away. We'll return them if you agree to be deported. If not, we don't know what happened to your kids, sorry.

*disclaimer: I do not agree with or support this policy.
They are using it as a deterrent. Come here and we'll take your kids away. We'll return them if you agree to be deported. If not, we don't know what happened to your kids, sorry.

Agree. It’s a hostage-taking tactic, using a person’s kids as hostages.

Yeah, no moral problem there.

Again, in our name, our country has decided to use children as hostages to make a political point. Sounds a bit ISIS-y.
  • Like 1