Tender Age Shelters

Hugo Stiglitz

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

What about the ones over-medicated during Trump's administration you boot-licking, collaborating piece of shit?

Hey, I'm not sure you noticed (I have), that Anastasis tone changed today. He's been quite critical of what is happening. He had a good point here, it was misleading journalism. 

3 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Hey, I'm not sure you noticed (I have), that Anastasis tone changed today. He's been quite critical of what is happening. He had a good point here, it was misleading journalism. 

Agreed.

It was sloppy-ass journalism.  Zeal (and I WANT zealous journalism -- we need the watchers to be ever-watchful) should not be an excuse for sloppy inaccuracy.  Most importantly because the chief weapon we have to deploy against the propagandists who occupy our White House is TRUTH, and without credibility, that weapon's effectiveness is reduced.

• Like 4

Just now, Larry T. Spider said:

Have we been given any specific plan on how these kids will be reunited with their families? What organizational systems are being used? The fear that these mothers are never going to see their kids again is real. Just terrible.

Oh.

You expect US policy to actually follow through with cogent, rational logistical details?

You're just ADORABLE.  

We're going to get scatterbrained, shittacular, callous policy, and like it!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

What about the ones over-medicated during Trump's administration you boot-licking, collaborating piece of shit?

9 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

I don't think that it changed today. I that I've been pretty uniformly critical on the separation issue as the topic has been discussed here. Some people just don't like to hear any other angle that isn't wailing about the fascists all around us. But yes, BT, I've been critical of the over-medication of children as far back as the Bush administration thank you.  In fact, I have actually working directly in inpatient psychiatric settings, including child and adolescent psychiatric wards, performing medication reviews and consults to directly impact the issue on a individual basis. So BT, kindly, take a step back and go fuck your own face. 

Edited by Anastasis
  • Like 2

Is there a point where the attack on human decency and traditional American values is so abhorrent that a secret service agent or 3 just pump round after round into the trumps and the white house staff? They are also sworn to protect America correct? 

Edited by JohnRedHorn
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JohnRedHorn said:

Is there a point where the attack on human decency and traditional American values is so abhorrent that a secret service agent or 3 just pump round after round into the trumps and the white house staff? 

Yeah...if we have to go "praetorian guard" to "save the Republic," it doesn't matter -- we've already lost it.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Is this considered solicitation? Anyway, I'm down to help. And whistle blowers have some protection, so they usually can't just fire you. 

I think it's considered snark.

Regardless, for a complaint to give him protection, it has to constitute protected activity under Title VII.  If Patricio Swayze is a minority, he can complain of harassment on his own behalf.  But it's also protected activity if he complains of harassment on behalf of another.  So if you see a coworker harassing another coworker on the basis of race/sex/national origin/etc and complain about it, that's protected activity and the employer can't take action against you in retaliation.  

And speaking from the defense side, those retaliation claims suck, because they're so damned believable.  I mean, a lot of people honestly don't think that race discrimination happens.  They're wrong, but that's what a lot of potential jurors think.  

But an accusation that "they fired me because I essentially called them racists"--uh, yeah, a lot of people will believe that an employer would do that (even though it's really, really illegal).  I hate those cases.

23 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

No, it's not misleading at all. It happened under Obama and it's happening under Trump. Therefore, Trump is doing it. To say Trump is creating a zombie army is not misleading at all because that is what is happening.

Show me something from the article that is factually incorrect. Show me something that said only Trump did it. Show me something that said Obama never did.

It's fucking both-sidesism and it's pathetic that you guys keep falling for this shit.

Edited by bad_teammate

1 minute ago, McCroskey said:

And by here you mean...where? Certainly not in this thread...that I’ve seen anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the DACA, Immigration Reform, whatever thread.  Or you can just search Google for how the policy is different than what Obama did. 

5 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

I think it's considered snark.

Regardless, for a complaint to give him protection, it has to constitute protected activity under Title VII.  If Patricio Swayze is a minority, he can complain of harassment on his own behalf.  But it's also protected activity if he complains of harassment on behalf of another.  So if you see a coworker harassing another coworker on the basis of race/sex/national origin/etc and complain about it, that's protected activity and the employer can't take action against you in retaliation.  

And speaking from the defense side, those retaliation claims suck, because they're so damned believable.  I mean, a lot of people honestly don't think that race discrimination happens.  They're wrong, but that's what a lot of potential jurors think.  

But an accusation that "they fired me because I essentially called them racists"--uh, yeah, a lot of people will believe that an employer would do that (even though it's really, really illegal).  I hate those cases.

Agreed. I have only handled one retaliation case, and they aint easy. 

18 minutes ago, JohnRedHorn said:

Yesterday I thought long and hard about how incredibly difficult it must be for a secret service agent assigned to Donald Trump.  That might be the worst job in America... now that “guy who separates kids from parents” is going out of business, so we’re told.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Yesterday I thought long and hard about how incredibly difficult it must be for a secret service agent assigned to Donald Trump.  That might be the worst job in America right now.

Actually, it's probably pretty easy.  He never leaves the Whitehouse, unless it's to A) trek off to one of his properties for something, like golf, or B) hang out at the Capital for a team-building cheer session, or C) go hang out with some true believers at a campaign rally.

32 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Oh.

You expect US policy to actually follow through with cogent, rational logistical details?

You're just ADORABLE.  

We're going to get scatterbrained, shittacular, callous policy, and like it!

No, I’m fully expecting scatterbrained, shittacular, callous policy.  

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Important to note here:

The free press is the only thing stopping Trump from committing genocide now.  Nothing would have happened here if reporters didn’t do their jobs.  Congress wouldn’t have stopped him, Ivanka wouldn’t have stopped him, Melania wouldn’t have stopped him.  The only reason he did anything was because he got caught and the only pictures we’ve seen from inside those centers were provided by the government.

This happened in America.

Today.

This is absolutely correct.  I hope it emboldens them to challenge him more aggressively on other matters.

42 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah...if we have to go "praetorian guard" to "save the Republic," it doesn't matter -- we've already lost it.

It's cool, the assholes on the far right love Russia so much, soon they'll turn the CIA/FBI into the Russian FSB/SVR and be eating plutonium pancakes.  

So the trumpkins new defense is that some bad shit happened before trump became the president. 

Well that comes as a complete shock to me. Personally I thought everything that happened pre-trump presidency was good and as pure as the driven snow, and everything that happened post trump presidency was bad.

So I guess that just makes me a hypocritical “lib” and I should have just shut up and ignored dear leader’s recent policy decision to rip families apart. Because something bad happened in America before trump became president. And trump couldn’t help but change his own policy because it was the dems fault until he finally figured out that he could change it and its still the dems fault.

My apologies trumpkins. You got us on that one. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JimmyJames said:

So the trumpkins new defense is that some bad shit happened before trump became the president. 

Exactly. You can't say Trump is doing something if Obama did it, too. You can only criticize Trump for doing new bad things, not continuing previous bad ones.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

100% this.  Assassinations have never helped the cause of democracy.  They pretty much always make things worse.

2 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

100% this.  Assassinations have never helped the cause of democracy.  They pretty much always make things worse.

Probably. But there may be a moment of cathartic relief prior to the realization of how horrible asassination is, both as an act and in its effect on our democracy. 

1 minute ago, Dahobbs said:

Probably. But there may be a moment of cathartic relief prior to the realization of how horrible asassination is, both as an act and in its effect on our democracy. 

Nope.  But look....when Stephen Miller chooses a coward's suicide over going to prison....I'll probably grin, even though I really shouldn't.

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

These libs cry about every little atrocity like the government kidnapping infants at the border never to be seen again but where was their outrage for chappaquiddick.

8 month olds dude. 8 month olds. 

Yeah that baby will be just fine without his mom for a couple months, or years.

If that baby eventually grows up psychotic and blows up a US city in revenge for what America did to him, ya know taking him away from his mother, would MAGA have been worth it?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JimmyJames said:

8 month olds dude. 8 month olds. 

Yeah that baby will be just fine without his mom for a couple months, or years.

If that baby eventually grows up psychotic and blows up a US city in revenge for what America did to him, ya know taking him away from his mother, would MAGA have been worth it?

Your sarcasm meter requires recalibration.  Probably needs more blinker fluid.

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Nope.  But look....when Stephen Miller chooses a coward's suicide over going to prison....I'll probably grin, even though I really shouldn't.

Stephen Miller would make in prison, it would be a great recruiting ground for him plus he could get the full Hitler experience.

Jared Kushner? Not so much.

15 minutes ago, DiceHands said:

trump starts fire > says its the dems fault > gives a half assed effort at putting the fire out > claims victory.

someone end this bullshit already

The media can break the cycle by dropping anchor right here, right now.  Keep making it a problem for him...track down these kids...track down these parents...do interviews...get testimonies...take pictures.  Change public perception on immigration to reflect reality...humanize these refugees.  The media has a real opportunity to exorcise several demons right here...Don’t move on to the next scandal for rating...Beat the shit out of Trump for taking babies away from their mothers.  Punish him for every time he’s called them fake news.  Fuck his shit up.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The media can break the cycle by dropping anchor right here, right now.  Keep making it a problem for him...track down these kids...track down these parents...do interviews...get testimonies...take pictures.  Change public perception on immigration to reflect reality...humanize these refugees.  The media has a real opportunity to exorcise several demons right here...Don’t move on to the next scandal for rating...Beat the shit out Trump taking babies away from their mothers.  Punish him for every time he’s called them fake news.  Fuck his shit up.

This.

The admin has made a business out of dehumanization.

So, humanize these folks.  In broad daylight, where it can't be ignored.  Sure, the core Trump loyalists will do what they did all week - deny, deflect, etc..  But they can't surmount the reality that will be there in their faces, every single day.  

Trump creates the bogeyman of MS-13 every day, twice a day.  His supporters put up faces with tats, scaring their base.  So, if they're going to use select people to characterize the whole class of folks....then do the same, except use the other end (which also happens to be, you know, the vast majority -- just regular folks).

2 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I work in O&G, it is surprisingly normal to hear shit like this. One aggy chick told me she referred to black babies as niglets. I wish I was making this up.

I've heard your standard redneck racism and everyday racist comments throughout my career but the absolute worst I heard was from a Senior Developer my first month out of college. The dude was South African and went on a racist rant for several minutes that was absolutely mind boggling.

Holy Shit, that was some SS type shit that came out of his mouth.

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Yesterday I thought long and hard about how incredibly difficult it must be for a secret service agent assigned to Donald Trump.  That might be the worst job in America... now that “guy who separates kids from parents” is going out of business, so we’re told.

Getting paid to stay at luxury resorts and stroll around the golf course every weekend. Yeah, that must suck. 

1 hour ago, Chad Fuck said:

True, but democracy in America is already dead. I'd rather start down that path than the path we're on where Trump leads genocide against non whites in the name of "national security". 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JohnRedHorn said:

True, but democracy in America is already dead. I'd rather start down that path than the path we're on where Trump leads genocide against non whites in the name of "national security". 

It may be, but I'm still holding out some hope.  I'm not naive, just optimistic by nature.

2 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Getting paid to stay at luxury resorts and stroll around the golf course every weekend. Yeah, that must suck. 

If you dont have any sort of morality at all or don't care that youre basically there to protect a wanna be dictator who is trying to overthrow the American constitution and way of life. 

I'd have a constant struggle over at exactly what point of this atrocity will blowing his head off have me go down in the history books as the man who saved America and prevented another holocaust. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This.

The admin has made a business out of dehumanization.

So, humanize these folks.  In broad daylight, where it can't be ignored.  Sure, the core Trump loyalists will do what they did all week - deny, deflect, etc..  But they can't surmount the reality that will be there in their faces, every single day.  

Trump creates the bogeyman of MS-13 every day, twice a day.  His supporters put up faces with tats, scaring their base.  So, if they're going to use select people to characterize the whole class of folks....then do the same, except use the other end (which also happens to be, you know, the vast majority -- just regular folks).

All of this. This isn't a complex issue to explain. Trump committed an evil act, just repeat the basic facts day and night. Trump forcibly removed children from their families, this has never been done since the Japanese Internment in WWII. Report the conditions of the children and likelihood of reunification. Repeat this was done by Trump and was so morally egregious that it was universally condemned by religious organizations across the spectrum.

Most importantly, personally introduce the victims to America. Names, backgrounds, experiences, hopes and dreams. Make them more than just refugees. We need a national, "now imagine she was white moment."

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Stephen Miller would make in prison, it would be a great recruiting ground for him plus he could get the full Hitler experience.

Jared Kushner? Not so much.

Miller should be the first person to be tar and feathered.

n3rsg6zcjnmy.png

3 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

No, it's not misleading at all.

tenor.gif?itemid=8407998

President Donald Trump’s zero tolerance policy is creating a zombie army of children forcibly injected with medications that make them dizzy, listless, obese and even incapacitated, according to legal filings that show immigrant children in U.S. custody subdued with powerful psychiatric drugs.

So, according to the legal filing dated April 2018, which references events involving largely unaccompanied minors from 2016 and earlier, Donald Trump's zero tolerance policy, announced in May 2018, is creating a zombie army of children forcibly injected with psychotropics. 

Not misleading at all. 

Yes, please tell us more about smooth brain geniuses.

Amazing that simply calling out inaccuracy in journalism, in a thread where the article was posted and another poster called it into question saying they needed some confirmation, impacting an area where an individual poster actually has some experience....well, fucking collaborating bootlickers! Fucking fascists! Lulz.

eda12dc0fb991c573fc3ed4c399e1f7e.gif

But this was really my favorite part:

4 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

To say Trump is creating a zombie army is not misleading at all because that is what is happening.

4 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Where in the article are kids over-medicated during Obama's term referred to as Trump's zombie army, as Anastasis alleges?

And jimmy, I am not sure if this was directed at me or not, but I don't think that anybody is arguing that angle.  At least I have not.

3 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

• Like 1