Tender Age Shelters

Hugo Stiglitz

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

Ok, gonna need a bit more confirmation on that.  If that's true, then we have reached the end.  I don't believe it.  Yet.

Reveal is a pretty good source from my research. They’re citing the lawsuit, so they’re just reporting what is stated. For verification we’d need something to back up the allegations imo. 

2 minutes ago, F250 said:

What are you talking about?

From my understanding the policy was separating children and parents and then keeping them possibly indefinitely. This would only end the separating part, plus Trump just wants to jerk his micro-penis off in front of everyone and act like he solved the problem. He should not receive any praise for changing a policy that he himself implemented.

Also, like someone said earlier, color my skeptical that children being separating is going to stop, they'll come up with some bullshit excuse to continue it but it won't be an "official" policy anymore.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

From my understanding the policy was separating children and parents and then keeping them possibly indefinitely. This would only end the separating part, plus Trump just wants to jerk his micro-penis off in front of everyone and act like he solved the problem. He should not receive any praise for changing a policy that he himself implemented.

Also, like someone said earlier, color my skeptical that children being separating is going to stop, they'll come up with some bullshit excuse to continue it but it won't be an "official" policy anymore.

The press needs to keep pursuing this story too. There are so many unanswered questions about what they’ve been doing within these facilities.

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The press needs to keep pursuing this story too. There are so many unanswered questions about what they’ve been doing within these facilities.

Well the good news is that I'm pretty sure if there's the possibility of hurting Trump the press is going to pursue it.

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Absolutely, they can't let up on this now just because he changed part of the process. This can't be another maddening story that gets half-addressed and the rest of the media and world moves on to the next scandal.

5 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Well the good news is that I'm pretty sure if there's the possibility of hurting Trump the press is going to pursue it.

Trump will likely create another distraction/scandal to divert.  He’s been doing it repeatedly.  Press needs to drop their anchor right here for a while.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 1

Let's not forget that the Homeland Security Secretary was on twitter just a few days ago saying that there was no policy to separate families.  Period.

Forgive me if I don't believe them when they say there's no policy to separate families anymore.  Period.

We're going to need some independent confirmation on this.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

So speaking out is worse than remaining silent?

People seem to forget Flake represents the voters of Arizona first, what about their interests? Should he betray their wishes because he disagrees with them?  

Of course you will say yes, he should betray his constituents.

His job is not to do exactly what the people of Arizona would do, if you were to somehow put it to a vote. His job is to represent the people of Arizona and do the right thing by them. Sometimes that involves making unpopular decisions, because it is the right thing to do. 

Flake, Corker, McCain, Collins can all stop this carnival ride anytime they want to get off. They choose not to. 

Edited by Pods
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Pods said:

His job is not to do exactly what the people of Arizona would do, if you were to somehow put it to a vote. His job is to represent the people of Arizona and do the right thing by them. Sometimes that involves making unpopular decisions, because it is the right thing to do. 

Flake, Corker, McCain, Collins can all stop this carnival ride anytime they want to get off. They choose not to. 

I know, I know.  Keep vilifying every republican that speaks out or moves away from Trumpism. Great strategy.

I've had 3 clients come in today and yesterday that ended up discussing the immigration issue. All of them are over 50 and all of them were very defensive of Trump on this issue. One blamed Obama and the other two just didn't see anything wrong with separating children from law breaking parents. The base sure doesn't seem too rattled from my small sample size, but they jumped on the defensive without being prompted to discuss politics.

I've had 3 clients come in today and yesterday that ended up discussing the immigration issue. All of them are over 50 and all of them were very defensive of Trump on this issue. One blamed Obama and the other two just didn't see anything wrong with separating children from law breaking parents. The base sure doesn't seem too rattled from my small sample size, but they jumped on the defensive without being prompted to discuss politics.

One guy in my office offered this nugget of genius: stop breaking the law and they won’t be separated.

Not surprised as this is a guy that referred to Obama as a monkey and has no problem dropping a nigger or nigress without a care.

4 hours ago, Fozzz said:

Good thing for us we're one of the few countries on the entire fucking planet that is not a party to the Convention on the Rights of the Child.  

Ratification-Convention-Rights-of-Child.

I love stuff like this. Are you advocating we follow Russia, Sudan, Syria and Thailand in their values for treating children? 

28 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

They don't even ask how high.

• Like 1

He’s still playing games.  He could have just gone back to the Obama policy but he’s obviously not.  I’m just saying, watch closely on this one.

What was the Obama policy?  What I'm seeing appears to be the same exact thing.  How does one legitimately explain the difference?

http://dailycaller.com/2018/06/19/photos-obama-immigration-detention-facilities/

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Important to note here:

The free press is the only thing stopping Trump from committing genocide now.  Nothing would have happened here if reporters didn’t do their jobs.  Congress wouldn’t have stopped him, Ivanka wouldn’t have stopped him, Melania wouldn’t have stopped him.  The only reason he did anything was because he got caught and the only pictures we’ve seen from inside those centers were provided by the government.

This happened in America.

Today.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Important to note here:

The free press is the only thing stopping Trump from committing genocide now.  Nothing would have happened here if reporters didn’t do their jobs.  Congress wouldn’t have stopped him, Ivanka wouldn’t have stopped him, Melania wouldn’t have stopped him.  The only reason he did anything was because he got caught and the only pictures we’ve seen from inside those centers were provided by the government.

This happened in America.

Today.

I said this a while back -- the press and the judiciary are our RAF in the Battle of Britain.  They are the last line of defense, and they cannot fail.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Patricio Swayze said:

One guy in my office offered this nugget of genius: stop breaking the law and they won’t be separated.

Not surprised as this is a guy that referred to Obama as a monkey and has no problem dropping a nigger or nigress without a care.

"Nigress"?  Jefferson Davis is still alive?

Give this motherfucker no praise for this, whatever it is and this isn’t a win for anyone’s side.

He can't get credit. He kept saying that only Democrats can put an end to this. Seems logical that he won't take any credit.

I am guessing he is going to name the Democrats who helped solve this tonight in Duluth.

4 hours ago, Skyline said:

This is some shit we’re in... 

“Children held at Shiloh Treatment Center, a government contractor south of Houston that houses undocumented immigrant minors, described being held down and injected, according to the federal court filings. The lawsuit alleges that children were told they would not be released or see their parents unless they took medication and that they only were receiving vitamins.

Parents and the children themselves told attorneys the drugs rendered them unable to walk, afraid of people and wanting to sleep constantly, according to affidavits filed April 23 in U.S. District Court in California.

One mother said her child fell repeatedly, hitting her head, and ended up in a wheelchair. A child described trying to open a window and being hurled against a door by a Shiloh supervisor, who then choked her until she fainted."

4 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Ok, gonna need a bit more confirmation on that.  If that's true, then we have reached the end.  I don't believe it.  Yet.

4 hours ago, Skyline said:

Reveal is a pretty good source from my research. They’re citing the lawsuit, so they’re just reporting what is stated. For verification we’d need something to back up the allegations imo. 

Some of the fillings are here. https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4525292-420-2-Exhibit-Vol-2-Exs-21-30-Pages-109-73.html  Appears all the cases predate the current separation issue, some/most of the kids appear to have entered as unaccompanied minors, and most were diagnosed with serious mental illness (psychotic disorder, bipolar disorder, etc.).  Some appear to have been transferred to the facility from psych hospitals. Appears a good amount of the records are partially sealed, so hard to piece together a definitive picture.  Some of the medication regimens are pretty fucking full blown. Antipsychotic polypharmacy, benzo, mood stabilizer, SSRI cocktails.  There are consultation notes where the conclusion is "overmedicated, taper off drugs and re-evaluate". Definitely some clear signals of overmedication and further chart reviews and investigation definitely warranted.

Of course, as I was reviewing the clinical notes in that filing, the most striking thing that occurred to me was that most of the clinical notes and case summaries are from 2016 [/don'tbutobamamebro]. 

Good job Reveal

President Donald Trump’s zero tolerance policy is creating a zombie army of children forcibly injected with medications that make them dizzy, listless, obese and even incapacitated, according to legal filings that show immigrant children in U.S. custody subdued with powerful psychiatric drugs.

Edited by Anastasis

1 hour ago, Patricio Swayze said:

You know--you honestly need to go to HR with this.  Otherwise that guy is going to cost the company some serious cash one day.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Some of the fillings are here. https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4525292-420-2-Exhibit-Vol-2-Exs-21-30-Pages-109-73.html  Appears all the cases predate the current separation issue, some/most of the kids appear to have entered as unaccompanied minors, and most were diagnosed with serious mental illness (psychotic disorder, bipolar disorder, etc.).  Some appear to have been transferred to the facility from psych hospitals. Appears a good amount of the records are partially sealed, so hard to piece together a definitive picture.  Some of the medication regimens are pretty fucking full blown. Antipsychotic polypharmacy, benzo, mood stabilizer, SSRI cocktails.  There are consultation notes where the conclusion is "overmedicated, taper off drugs and re-evaluate". Definitely some clear signals of overmedication and further chart reviews and investigation definitely warranted.

Of course, as I was reviewing the clinical notes in that filing, the most striking thing that occurred to me was that most of the clinical notes and case summaries are from 2016 [/don'tbutobamamebro]. 

Good job Reveal

That is terrible. They've managed to combine two of the things we are historically the worst at: treatment of immigrants and treatment of the mentally ill. It should not be tolerated. But, there is a difference between neglect and malice. Trump's policies are born of malice. This case seems to be one born of bureaucratic and medical neglect. Neither is acceptable, but one is morally worse.  

Edited by Dahobbs

1 minute ago, Ghost of LL said:

You know--you honestly need to go to HR with this.  Otherwise that guy is going to cost the company some serious cash one day.

Yeah, I mean, he should be fired. Immediately. I would also fire the clients if I were the other poster. But that is me. 

Just now, Dahobbs said:

That is terrible. They've managed to combine two of the things we are the worst at historically: treatment of immigrants and treatment of the mentally ill. It should not be tolerated. But, there is a difference between neglect and malice. Trump's policies are born of malice. This case seems to be one born of bureaucratic and medical neglect. Neither is acceptable, but one is morally worse.  

I don't disagree, but maybe we shouldn't call the kids overmedicated during the Obama administration Trump's zombie army.  I mean, just maybe.  Trump gets a hold of that article, and it might make his top 10 fake news stories awards list for the year.  Oh, and once again, fuck twitter for political discourse.  

• Like 2

"Nigress"?  Jefferson Davis is still alive?

If I didn’t need my job, I would have slapped the piss out of him.

I work in O&G, it is surprisingly normal to hear shit like this. One aggy chick told me she referred to black babies as niglets. I wish I was making this up.

5 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I work in O&G, it is surprisingly normal to hear shit like this. One aggy chick told me she referred to black babies as niglets. I wish I was making this up.

Can I have the name of your employer?  I normally do defense work, but damn--some days you just see an opportunity to retire off a good plaintiff's case.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Can I have the name of your employer?  I normally do defense work, but damn--some days you just see an opportunity to retire off a good plaintiff's case.

Hahaha, only if I can retire to and get out of this shit work.  And I will need enough to send my girls to UT as well.  Deal?  And yeah, this is in an office at a large international engineering firm.  I hear all kinds of crazy shit. 

15 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I don't disagree, but maybe we shouldn't call the kids overmedicated during the Obama administration Trump's zombie army.  I mean, just maybe.  Trump gets a hold of that article, and it might make his top 10 fake news stories awards list for the year.  Oh, and once again, fuck twitter for political discourse.  

Agreed on all counts. It was poor journalism. 

7 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Is this considered solicitation? Anyway, I'm down to help. And whistle blowers have some protection, so they usually can't just fire you. 

20 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Yeah, I mean, he should be fired. Immediately. I would also fire the clients if I were the other poster. But that is me. 

I'm still at the point where having a job is better than trying to change the mind of 76 year old deplorables, but it is tempting.

20 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I don't disagree, but maybe we shouldn't call the kids overmedicated during the Obama administration Trump's zombie army. 

What about the ones over-medicated during Trump's administration you boot-licking, collaborating piece of shit?

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1