Tender Age Shelters

Hugo Stiglitz

15 minutes ago, Larry T. Spider said:

Obama locked kids up! He separated them just like trump! 

Obama let them all go! It was wide open borders!! He encouraged more to come here!

If your party is arguing both of these at the same time, it’s over. You lost and are morally bankrupt. Especially if you are the party that runs on the moral high ground. 

The dems job is to simply never let people forget what happened in 2018. Never let these sanctimonious assholes pretend it’s the liberals that are without morals. Remind every voter at every turn what the Republican Party, the party of trump, stands for. 

The polls say people dont care..

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/jun/21/majority-of-voters-blame-parents-not-the-federal-g/

2 minutes ago, ScottishHorn said:

Yeah, what do they know...they are only the most accurate polling firm out there...

They are the blind squirrel that found a nut in 2016. Overall, they have a consistent record of being biased dogshit and I’m not surprised you would post their dogshit “data” here.

FIFY
https://www.aclu.org/news/aclu-obtains-documents-showing-widespread-abuse-child-immigrants-us-custody
Here you go Brisket, maybe you should offer your legal aide on this one. Should be a drop in bucket even for you.

So do you agree it not agree with the family separation? Do you agree with how the humans seeking asylum are being treated?

9 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The people of Iowa should be ashamed.  I thought I couldn't be more outraged.  But the blatant racism in that tweet, about caged children no less, just no words.  If anyone doubts that the GOP is the party of racists,  they are idiots at this point.

9 hours ago, ScottishHorn said:

The Jewish people I know are pissed this is being compared to the holocaust

And many Jews I know are among those doing the comparing to the Holocaust. That is the entire point of the "Never Again" message — that it can happen anywhere, and must be nipped in the bud before it takes on momentum.  It's why literally hundreds of Jews just protested outside of ICE yesterday despite no other obvious connection to Honduran and Guatemalan migrants.   

And many Jews I know are among those doing the comparing to the Holocaust. That is the entire point of the "Never Again" message — that it can happen anywhere, and must be nipped in the bud before it takes on momentum.  It's why literally hundreds of Jews just protested outside of ICE yesterday despite no other obvious connection to Honduran and Guatemalan migrants.   

That’s exactly the point.

But see, you can’t compare anything to the rise of any other authoritarian until we’re actually in a completed dictatorship. You can’t compare anything to the holocaust until the gas chambers are actually up and running.

And I’m sick of all of your comparisons to the Titanic; just because we’re steaming full speed at an iceberg doesn’t mean anything; the comparison is silly until we actually hit it, rip a gash down our hull, and sink.

9 hours ago, ScottishHorn said:

The Jewish people I know are pissed this is being compared to the holocaust

Yeah but you are a piece of shit racist who believes in child abuse and pedophilia so I’m assuming until proven otherwise, everyone you know is the same

Edited by achooloco
Spelling
  • Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

That’s exactly the point.

But see, you can’t compare anything to the rise of any other authoritarian until we’re actually in a completed dictatorship. You can’t compare anything to the holocaust until the gas chambers are actually up and running.

And I’m sick of all of your comparisons to the Titanic; just because we’re steaming full speed at an iceberg doesn’t mean anything; the comparison is silly until we actually hit it, rip a gash down our hull, and sink.

Going back to the “How Fox News treated Obama” tells you everything you need to know.  

They openly called him a fascist racist and compared him to Hitler and Marx only to normalize the actual genocidal moron we have now.

I said it before and I’ll say it again, thank goodness Trump is an incompetent fascist and not at a cerebral high level, administratively.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

At least 10 babies and toddlers taken away from their parents after crossing the the U.S.-Mexico border are being housed in so-called "tender-age shelters" near Miami, U.S. Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz told the Miami Herald on Saturday.

The Florida lawmaker said the children — from ages zero to 5 years old — are being sheltered at His House Children’s Home near Miami Gardens and Catholic Charities' Msgr. Bryan Walsh Children’s Village in Cutler Bay, formerly known as Boys Town.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

'Tent cities' for migrant children reportedly cost much more than detaining families together

It reportedly costs $775 per person per night to keep the newly separated children of families who cross the U.S. border illegally in "tent cities."

The per-person cost at certain detention centers that would keep families together is $298 per night, according to an agency estimate from 2014, NBC reported.

The Trump administration plans to spend almost a billion dollars to detain and house children in the 2018 fiscal year, according to Health and Human Services data reviewed by Bloomberg.

Kevin Breuninger    | Tucker Higgins

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/20/migrant-kids-tent-cities-cost-more-than-detaining-families-report.html

• Like 2

Trump supporters could see these children being literally murdered by ICE agents and it wouldn't swing them. I think these revelations are important, but only in the context that they motivate non-Republicans to vote and, just as importantly, hound the Dems into actually stopping this shit (which will be difficult, because the Dems are spineless pieces of shit).

Trump supporters are gone. Toast. Done. There’s no reason for the media to keep trying to placate them or give them quarter. 

Media needs to show the cruelty this administration has intentionally inflicted on these children.  

Consequences be damned.  Time to stop hiding the ugly truth and put their shit on blast. 

SHS got heckled? Don’t give a fuck. Back to the crying babies.

Maxine Waters said mean things? Too bad, we’re not covering it.  Back to Trump kidnaping kids and putting them in cages.

Time to make a stand and force Trump to fix this mess.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 1

Anybody who thinks this is going away isn’t paying attention.  They’ve said today that they only have limited housing for families, and will probably have to separate more families going forward.  

Going to be fun to see the Rs defend this in a few months.  

Anybody who thinks this is going away isn’t paying attention.  They’ve said today that they only have limited housing for families, and will probably have to separate more families going forward.  
Going to be fun to see the Rs defend this in a few months.  

This.

It’s going to continue. It’s going to get worse. Shit, Huckabeef promised as much in today’s conference.

The forces of cruelty and inflicting pain are NOT going to let up. Neither should we.