Tender Age Shelters

Hugo Stiglitz

2 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Tattooed numbers on their forearms.

Might as well.  We're taking that road, might as well commit, and not be pussy little bitches about it.

2 hours ago, JohnRedHorn said:

They have zero intention of ever doing so. These children are going to suffer and die after being deported into the waiting arms of child slavery. 

We have to ensure the world sees this.

57 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

That's right.  Lest anyone be fooled, there is absolutely no plan to reunite these children with their parents.  They've been kidnapped and orphaned by the United States, and there's functionally no way to remedy that.

This is a stain on the nation that no amount of bleach will wash out.

46 minutes ago, retread said:

The United States is being condemned for human rights violations by the pope and the PM of the UK. 

The only people who AREN'T condemning this are folks like Putin, KJU, etc.  That's the club we've decided to join.

44 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

It's a sad day when I'm rooting for foreign entities (the UN, UK, Germany, Canada, etc.) against my own country.  

And it's not even close.  Look, if you were a German with a conscience, who believed in humanity, decency, and the rights of man....weren't you pulling for the allies (and hoping that the western allies beat the Russians to your town)?

70 years ago, we had to save Europe from its worst nature.  Now....time to return the favor, fellas.  We'll call it even-steven after this one, okay?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

One is not like the other.

You love yourself some Flake. He has the power to do something, but sits on his hands.  He's a total fucking fraud until he actually acts on his words. 

Edited by Hank Kingsley
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

And it's not even close.  Look, if you were a German with a conscience, who believed in humanity, decency, and the rights of man....weren't you pulling for the allies (and hoping that the western allies beat the Russians to your town)?

My username is Hugo Stiglitz for a reason.

Just now, kevwun said:

Flake will make a nice fancy speech in the Senate and then vote for whatever immigration bill Trump supports.

Yep.  He has had opportunity after opportunity to be a force for good.  He talks a good game.  But in the end....

1rfbj7.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

You love yourself some Flake. He actually has the power to do something, and sits on his hands.  He's a total fucking fraud until he actually acts on his words. 

I was actually critical of Flake there in that he’s the one with actual power.

I like Flake because he shows promise in inspiring an alternative to Trump on the right down the road.

We are going to need that more than ever post Trump.  I will admit he’s been disappointing lately.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

Just now, MaybeACoordinator said:

Trumpkin Army is having a hard time coming up with talking points this morning.

They're waiting for the shitty bill that the GOP knows it doesn't even have the R votes for, but will force Ds to vote no, and then they can yell "both sides!" 

Just now, kevwun said:

It's kind of hard to defend taking babies away from parents, sending them across the country and having no plan on how to re-unite them.

But damn if they aren't trying!

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I like Flake because he shows promise in inspiring an alternative to Trump on the right down the road.

We are going to need that more than ever post Trump.  I will admit he’s been more disappointing lately.

Plus Schmidt has left the party. 

39 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

If you want to know who’s behind this evil shit, you really don’t need to look much farther than this Harvard study:

Partisanship, Propaganda, and Disinformation: Online Media and the 2016 U.S. Presidential Election

https://dash.harvard.edu/bitstream/handle/1/33759251/2017-08_electionReport_0.pdf?sequence=9

80F63E38-8D3D-4BDC-8072-3BC3C4AB1401_zps

Key takeaway of the study appears to be that Twitter and Facebook, in much the same way as they are ripping apart the social fabric of how society works, are destroying political discourse and politics in this country.  Thanks Mark! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

We are going to need that more than ever post Trump.  I will admit he’s been more disappointing lately.

It's clear you're an optimist...good for you, that's a healthier way to live life.  But I honestly can't believe you fall for this shit.  

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yep.  He has had opportunity after opportunity to be a force for good.  He talks a good game.  But in the end....

1rfbj7.jpg

Every time he tweets some feel-good bullshit makes me hate him more. He could switch parties and spark a full investigation into Trump's finances, which would be the beginning of the end of the Trump presidency, but also likely the entire Republican establishment because that investigation would reveal the depths of their corruption. Which is why he doesn't do it. Instead he sits on his hands, tweets out some bullshit about how everything they're doing is wrong, but otherwise encourages the Democrats to pay the ransom, thus encouraging more and worse hostage taking in the future.

Flake has enormous power to make things better, but instead of doing nothing, he's actually going to make things worse.

Just now, wildcat09 said:

Every time he tweets some feel-good bullshit makes me hate him more. He could switch parties and spark a full investigation into Trump's finances, which would be the beginning of the end of the Trump presidency, but also likely the entire Republican establishment because that investigation would reveal the depths of their corruption. Which is why he doesn't do it. Instead he sits on his hands, tweets out some bullshit about how everything they're doing is wrong, but otherwise encourages the Democrats to pay the ransom, thus encouraging more and worse hostage taking in the future.

Flake has enormous power to make things better, but instead of doing nothing, he's actually going to make things worse.

That was obvious when he got cucked by Trump and decided to quit instead.  Corker, Ryan, Flake, all those retiring House GOPers - all would prefer to avoid the midterm stink of a blue wave and be able to lay low for a few years, only to show up again in 2022/2024 "ready to restore the Republican Party to its true values."

1 minute ago, Hank Kingsley said:

It's clear you're an optimist...good for you, that's a healthier way to live life.  But I honestly can't believe you fall for this shit.  

Ideologically, he’s pro free trade, pro immigration, pro objective truth, and pro decency.  

That has value to me.

He knows he’s complicit, he said so on the floor of the senate.

While Flake can go down with Trump Titanic for all I care, at least he can do it while pushing a better message than the guys remaining silent.

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Ideologically, he’s pro free trade, pro immigration, pro objective truth, and pro decency.  

So not a Republican.

Edited by Js1

Whether you’re hiding in the shadows doing nothing or being an attention whore while doing nothing, you’re still doing nothing.

At least the guy in the shadows doesn’t get my hopes up.

Flake looks for the nearest camera so he can pretend to be concerned and act like his hands are tied.

He’s one of a handful of people that has the actual power to challenge Trump. Yet all he does is whine about Trump’s actions.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I disagree. He's worse. 

So speaking out is worse than remaining silent?

People seem to forget Flake represents the voters of Arizona first, what about their interests? Should he betray their wishes because he disagrees with them?  

Of course you will say yes, he should betray his constituents.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.  He's not running for re-election.  Don't talk about what an asshole Trump is and then do nothing whenever presented with the opportunity to do something about it.

Love all the interviews of everyday Trump supporters who are still for this policy. Everyone starts with, "I am not a racist, but......" 

WHICH MEANS YOU ARE A FUCKING RACIST!!

Edited by Washpark
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Pancho Negro said:

My daughter is a little over one year old now and the thought someone her age would be just sitting with other babies in a center without their parents is making me nauseous.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Whether you’re hiding in the shadows doing nothing or being an attention whore while doing nothing, you’re still doing nothing.

At least the guy in the shadows doesn’t get my hopes up.

Flake looks for the nearest camera so he can pretend to be concerned and act like his hands are tied.

He’s one of a handful of people that has the actual power to challenge Trump. Yet all he does is whine about Trump’s actions.

Just like to remind you Flake said to vote for the Democrat in the Alabama Senate race.  

He was one of the only republicans to do so, yet you still hate him.

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Just like to remind you Flake said to vote for the Democrat in the Alabama Senate race.  

Shelby said to vote for anybody but Moore. The Republican other-than-Moore votes exceeded the margin of victory.

Local yokels get on the radio and ying-yang about Shelby, to my vast amusement.

He is the only Alabama Republican I respect at all.

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

AT WHICH POINT HE SHOULD HAVE CONVINCED CORKER TO JOIN HIM IN CROSSING THE AISLE AND THROWING THE SENATE TO THE DEMOCRATS!

Why is this so hard for you, Hugo? He talks a good game. His actions blow. "Oh don't vote for the pedophile, Alabama! But please don't look at my awful Cabinet confirmation votes or the judges I've voted to confirmed who are wholly underqualified and shouldn't even be teaching night classes at Colley Law"

47 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Fucking this 100%, all these retiring GOP congressmen/women could join the Democrats in signing their bills but they'd rather just make platitudes on twitter and doing absolutely nothing else. They are complicit and I agree that I probably hate them even more, the others at least are being consistent with their awfulness.

Edited by GSU&UT
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, GSU&UT said:

Fuck this 100%, all these retiring GOP congressmen/women could join the Democrats in signing their bills but they'd rather just make platitudes on twitter and doing absolutely nothing else. They are complicit and I agree that I probably hate them even more, the others at least are being consistent with their awfulness.

Yep.

Need 2 Senators to switch the Senate. Corker and Flake are on their way out. Could have done it if they cared about the country and not just preserving themselves for a post-Trump future (that they enabled!)

40 House Republicans are leaving. Need 24 seats to flip. But they'd also rather just deuce out for their sweet sweet lobbying cash and pretending they weren't the problem.

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Yep.

Need 2 Senators to switch the Senate. Corker and Flake are on their way out. Could have done it if they cared about the country and not just preserving themselves for a post-Trump future (that they enabled!)

40 House Republicans are leaving. Need 24 seats to flip. But they'd also rather just deuce out for their sweet sweet lobbying cash and pretending they weren't the problem.

Your point that they're trying to lay-low to see if they can run again, still on the R ticket, in the future is spot on. It does bring me a little joy to see Flake and the few others get absolutely lit up in their Tweet's replies.

5 minutes ago, Js1 said:

AT WHICH POINT HE SHOULD HAVE CONVINCED CORKER TO JOIN HIM IN CROSSING THE AISLE AND THROWING THE SENATE TO THE DEMOCRATS!

Why is this so hard for you, Hugo? He talks a good game. His actions blow. "Oh don't vote for the pedophile, Alabama! But please don't look at my awful Cabinet confirmation votes or the judges I've voted to confirmed who are wholly underqualified and shouldn't even be teaching night classes at Colley Law"

I'm on your side.  I want that to happen.  

But this desire to bash any Republican that speaks out is counterproductive.  It causes other republicans to remain silent for fear of also getting bashed and continues the inaction.  It's not logical if you really want something to happen. 

You don't have to applaud him for speaking out but you don't have to attack him either. 

They don't speak out, not for fear of being bashed by us, but for fear of being bashed by Trump.

Also, because they are inconsistent when they do speak out.  Let's not forget health care repeal heroes Collins and Murkowski completely shitting away anything when it came to tax cuts. Corker speaking out, voting for it and then saying it was the worst vote he ever cast (or something). 

Just now, Js1 said:

They don't speak out, not for fear of being bashed by us, but for fear of being bashed by Trump.

It's really a combination of both. 

Isn't it amazing that you say their words don't matter but somehow, Trump's words carry actual power?

Quite the paradox. 

37 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

So speaking out is worse than remaining silent?

People seem to forget Flake represents the voters of Arizona first, what about their interests? Should he betray their wishes because he disagrees with them?  

Of course you will say yes, he should betray his constituents.

That depends on your theory of representation.

I believe a legislator is to do what he thinks is best for the people whether they want it or not. 

This is some shit we’re in... 

“Children held at Shiloh Treatment Center, a government contractor south of Houston that houses undocumented immigrant minors, described being held down and injected, according to the federal court filings. The lawsuit alleges that children were told they would not be released or see their parents unless they took medication and that they only were receiving vitamins.

Parents and the children themselves told attorneys the drugs rendered them unable to walk, afraid of people and wanting to sleep constantly, according to affidavits filed April 23 in U.S. District Court in California.

One mother said her child fell repeatedly, hitting her head, and ended up in a wheelchair. A child described trying to open a window and being hurled against a door by a Shiloh supervisor, who then choked her until she fainted."

this shit is fucking disgusting.

My girlfriend found out she works with a nazi yesterday. Blonde-haired, blue-eyed to boot. She basically said she's glad these detention centers are being built and that it should have been done a long time ago. When asked what she thought of the news of a 4-year-old girl getting raped her reply was "things happen." 

I really do not understand how anyone can think that way.

Just now, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

this shit is fucking disgusting.

My girlfriend found out she works with a nazi yesterday. Blonde-haired, blue-eyed to boot. She basically said she's glad these detention centers are being built and that it should have been done a long time ago. When asked what she thought of the news of a 4-year-old girl getting raped her reply was "things happen." 

I really do not understand how anyone can think that way.

I hope she punched her in the face

11 minutes ago, Skyline said:

This is some shit we’re in... 

“Children held at Shiloh Treatment Center, a government contractor south of Houston that houses undocumented immigrant minors, described being held down and injected, according to the federal court filings. The lawsuit alleges that children were told they would not be released or see their parents unless they took medication and that they only were receiving vitamins.

Parents and the children themselves told attorneys the drugs rendered them unable to walk, afraid of people and wanting to sleep constantly, according to affidavits filed April 23 in U.S. District Court in California.

One mother said her child fell repeatedly, hitting her head, and ended up in a wheelchair. A child described trying to open a window and being hurled against a door by a Shiloh supervisor, who then choked her until she fainted."

Ok, gonna need a bit more confirmation on that.  If that's true, then we have reached the end.  I don't believe it.  Yet.