2023 World Baseball Classic

Helobious

6 minutes ago, BurdineBandit said:

Luckily found myself in Phoenix this weekend, didn't realize the WBC was going on here, but made it to the Mexico/Colombia game. What a fun atmosphere. About 70% packed. Mexico played very up and down. Arozarena seems like he's ready for a big year. 

Was that you in the lower level wearing a Longhorn hat?

1 hour ago, BurdineBandit said:

Luckily found myself in Phoenix this weekend, didn't realize the WBC was going on here, but made it to the Mexico/Colombia game. What a fun atmosphere. About 70% packed. Mexico played very up and down. Arozarena seems like he's ready for a big year. 

Why is Arozarena playing for Mexico? I was reading that he was born and grew up in Cuba 

52 minutes ago, OB3 said:

Why is Arozarena playing for Mexico? I was reading that he was born and grew up in Cuba 

Defected through Mexico, lives there in offseason.

Just now, tx 3 putt said:

game 7 World Series 

this needs to be bumped up to every 4 years 

It is supposed to be every 4 years. Covid just through things off

• Hook 'Em 1

Pretty cool atmosphere but tomorrow will be electric. Walking to the stadium early right after the Mexico-Colombia game let out, the Mexican fans are out in force. Also the area around Chase Field and the Suns stadium right next door is pretty cool.

This was a lucky unintentional shot with the guy in the Bregman jersey, right after Tucker had the go-ahead RBI. Saw a decent amount of Stros fans but it was dominated by (1) Dodgers (2) Padres and (3) Angels jerseys.

43F4407F-7ADB-499F-8CBC-2A9CE426654B.thumb.jpeg.38c7d1ebc38574bf33afcb5963443818.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1