2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Why in the holy hell is Bligh Madris on this fucking team and DHing? Can anyone explain or defend this?

This guy has a career wRC+ of 39. Fucking 39. He was a below average hitter in AAA this season. This is fucking asinine. 

Can someone please fucking fire Dusty or take his goddamn bad players away from him? What the fuck is Brown doing? How can you fucking allow this?

Dusty is - once again - actively reducing the team’s chances of winning for no reason whatsoever. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 4

43 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Why in the holy hell is Bligh Madris on this fucking team and DHing? Can anyone explain or defend this?

This guy has a career wRC+ of 39. Fucking 39. He was a below average hitter in AAA this season. This is fucking asinine. 

Can someone please fucking fire Dusty or take his goddamn bad players away from him? What the fuck is Brown doing? How can you fucking allow this?

Dusty is - once again - actively reducing the team’s chances of winning for no reason whatsoever. 

You know, I'm still a fan of the Astros, just as I have been since the late '60s. But managerial stunts such as you describe are making it progressively harder to take this team seriously. Injuries are one thing, but doing stupid stuff apparently just to do it is another. I'm on the verge of tuning out, and that's pretty sad to say. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

You know, I'm still a fan of the Astros, just as I have been since the late '60s. But managerial stunts such as you describe are making it progressively harder to take this team seriously. Injuries are one thing, but doing stupid stuff apparently just to do it is another. I'm on the verge of tuning out, and that's pretty sad to say. 

We can scoff at the antics and then think about how they tried to run off Altuve back in the day.

Maybe somebody written off can blossom into that guy. Say like Alvarez.

Bottom line is that you can play that stats game and be right most of the time.  Except when you're not.

Jose Urquidy on the mound! 
- 3 up and 3 down in his first inning of work. 
- 1st batter faced Preston Tucker older brother of Kyle Tucker!  
- 2 IP 1H, 2R, 1ER, 1 BB, 2 SO
Four seam topped out at 95.9 (14 PT)
Sinker 95.6 (3 PT)
Change up (6 PT)
Sweeper (2 PT)
Curveball (6 PT)

23 pitches - Walk, single to right (2 runs scored off error when catcher tried to throw out runner trying to steal, 2B threw ball away going to 3rd), K, K, Pop to 3rd.

His stuff looked very sharp. 
@KHOU

Jose Urquidy 1st inning of work in Sugar Land: 9 pitches - pop to second, fly to left and grounder to first.

Jose Urquidy on the mound! 
- 3 up and 3 down in his first inning of work. 
- 1st batter faced Preston Tucker older brother of Kyle Tucker!  
- 2 IP 1H, 2R, 1ER, 1 BB, 2 SO
Four seam topped out at 95.9 (14 PT)
Sinker 95.6 (3 PT)
Change up (6 PT)
Sweeper (2 PT)
Curveball (6 PT)

23 pitches - Walk, single to right (2 runs scored off error when catcher tried to throw out runner trying to steal, 2B threw ball away going to 3rd), K, K, Pop to 3rd.
His stuff looked very sharp. 
@KHOU

Jose Urquidy 1st inning of work in Sugar Land: 9 pitches - pop to second, fly to left and grounder to first.

Pregame reported 0 ER....2 runs given up

10 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

dante bichette - told his son to talk with dusty as much as he can, about hitting and becoming a better pro

surly thread - dusty is dumb !

How does that have anything to do with starting Bligh Madris over a guy that hit 2 HRs the last time he was behind the plate 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Ohtani's velocity is down I think.

damaged goods. madris, hensely and meyer for ohtani 

10 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Madris better jack a fucking homer

Lmao close....but still a fucking out

the thread isn't talking enough shit about him 

Edited by tx 3 putt