Surly Domesticated Mad Max Cleaning Thread of Dominance

17 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Gotdamn. 11k/annual for 24 cleanings.  Wife and I spend a bunch of time cleaning (read: lots of small kids) but I don’t know if I spend 11k worth.  Cant put a price on time and all that, I get it, but whew. 

It's worth it for us, but we have a slightly less expensive rate, but we have 3 kids and 2 dogs and our kids are young. Maybe when they get older and the mess slows down we can drop down to 1x a week or every other week. We have housekeeper creep. When it was just me and the wife, it was every other week. When COVID hit and we were home all the time, after not having them for a bit we went to every week. Then when baby #3 came along, once she became more mobile/messier, it became 2x a week. I wish they came more often, TBH, but that's not feasible. The cost per trip has come down, but the frequency is higher. My wife is from the Valley where even "lower middle class" folks had live in help, and I have to remind her that if we had a live in in Austin it would be a gotdamn fortune. 

57 minutes ago, hornian said:

It's worth it for us, but we have a slightly less expensive rate, but we have 3 kids and 2 dogs and our kids are young. Maybe when they get older and the mess slows down we can drop down to 1x a week or every other week. We have housekeeper creep. When it was just me and the wife, it was every other week. When COVID hit and we were home all the time, after not having them for a bit we went to every week. Then when baby #3 came along, once she became more mobile/messier, it became 2x a week. I wish they came more often, TBH, but that's not feasible. The cost per trip has come down, but the frequency is higher. My wife is from the Valley where even "lower middle class" folks had live in help, and I have to remind her that if we had a live in in Austin it would be a gotdamn fortune. 

I wasn't judging, apologies if it seemed that way.  I'd love to have the same, the number just dawned on me at once.  It seems like we clean constantly, dogs, kids, we are clean people.  All of my neighbors have help with the cleaning, it seems.   Nothing better than a deep, deep cleaned house. 

$200 for a lady named Janet to clean 3k sq/ft. Not a deep clean but a solid clean throughout with all the floors. I’m feeling better about Janet right now.

I’ve been smashing little ants all day long on the counter coming from around the stove. I think it’s seasonal and I need to go look for spots to caulk outside (certainly hasn’t been any food source sitting out for them on the counter, maybe a bit of gunk in the crevice).

My wife is excited about these geometry microfiber towels that are I’m sure way overpriced. They are very effective at drying pans, although now I have a microfiber laundry pile and this is my hand after touching a freshly laundered one

EE88BC4C-7055-4B07-914B-7D79269786A5.gif.fbd83819ff85d417a546c37b07be0a85.gif

On 4/1/2023 at 4:20 PM, Bateshorn said:

It also subs in for Powder Brewery Wash (PBW) when you want to clean somewhere without a brush,

It subs even better for PBW if you mix in some Red Devil TSP90 (7:3 Oxy/TSP ratio by weight).  I used to clean my big brew pots with the homemade version and it's so much cheaper than buying PBW.

Also, I haven't read the whole thread, but if no one has mentioned Barkeeper's Friend for cleaning burnt on stuff on stainless, it's a couple of bucks well spent.

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 1

One thing I haven't fucked with much is floor cleaning, and specifically mopping.

My wife generally walks around barefoot in the house, and can't stand if the floors feel sticky. Which is a defensible position, but she sometimes feels like floor cleaning products leave a sticky residue. I know she's felt that way about some products that various housecleaners have used but I don't know what they were. The one that has been a problem for me is the enzyme cleaner you use on dog urine (because her shithead dog decides once every 3 months that he wants to take a piss in the hallway upstairs). Which I go back and clean up anyways, but honestly I'm just using my trusty spray bottle of diluted dawn and paper towels, so she probably has a point.

Anyways. We have a steam mop that you load up with distilled water and hit the floors with. I think it works for a last pass or freshening up, but I don't think what amounts to a steam swiffer does the job if say, burgers get pan fried in the kitchen and there's a grease halo around the oven. I should really just hit youtube and learn how to mop (again, in my twenties it was definitely a spray swiffer apartment lifestyle for me) but any products or techniques y'all have had good results with?

45 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

One thing I haven't fucked with much is floor cleaning, and specifically mopping.

My wife generally walks around barefoot in the house, and can't stand if the floors feel sticky. Which is a defensible position, but she sometimes feels like floor cleaning products leave a sticky residue. I know she's felt that way about some products that various housecleaners have used but I don't know what they were. The one that has been a problem for me is the enzyme cleaner you use on dog urine (because her shithead dog decides once every 3 months that he wants to take a piss in the hallway upstairs). Which I go back and clean up anyways, but honestly I'm just using my trusty spray bottle of diluted dawn and paper towels, so she probably has a point.

Anyways. We have a steam mop that you load up with distilled water and hit the floors with. I think it works for a last pass or freshening up, but I don't think what amounts to a steam swiffer does the job if say, burgers get pan fried in the kitchen and there's a grease halo around the oven. I should really just hit youtube and learn how to mop (again, in my twenties it was definitely a spray swiffer apartment lifestyle for me) but any products or techniques y'all have had good results with?

personally, i am a big fan of the Bissel Crosswave for this. use it all the time on any hard floors we have. idk what the latest and greatest is version wise now, but the wirecutter link below will have it. we have the corded one, my dad has one, my in laws bought one after seeing what it did for us. couldn't recommend it highly enough with kids + dogs on our end.

https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/reviews/best-mop-vacuum-combo/

Ran across this r/CleaningTips post when scrolling around last night that I found informative - 

I will share some facts and anecdotes.

-It is a gas dissolved in water. Hence why its so pungent. But the upside is that it evaporates with no residue.

-It is very high PH, which nukes oily films among other general stains, but here is the special part: it has no "total alkalinity".

Total alkalinity can be thought of like this: you wash a wool sweater in a detergent with high total alkalinity. You do not rinse it perfectly. The high PH residue will continue hammering at the microscopic wool structures and degrade them. Or, if residue is left on a light fabric it will experience "yellowing" from the fabric itself cleaning the things coming into contact with it, or collecting airborne crap.

So, it's not just about the cleaning PH, but the action of the residue. Ammonia leaves none.

-The power of it as a solvent is not strong. On surfaces where you want to protect painted surfaces, but get rid of oily soils (maybe the painted controls on a vehicle dash board), it might be a good fit.

-It is not an oxidizer. It doesn't hammer away at materials with electron exchange.

-Dilutable.

-Safe on granite and metals (except bare aluminim).

-Mixable (water, alcohol, soaps) but not with oxidizers and chlorine products.

-Cheap.

-I treat synthetic residential carpets with it as an overall pre-spray (before rinsing and sucking) because that's 99% of it.

Dog oils, feet oils, cooking oils, grubby hand residue, make-up; all the things which ammonia nukes. Then no stress about residue. Then I might get slightly fancier with spot treating, but not by much (Fels Naphtha, or hydrogen peroxide).

-Pungent and mechanically harmful to eyes and such with misuse, but it's not a "chemical" that has any environmental or cancerous impact. It just does its thing and disappears without a trace.

There is a relationship between hydrogen peroxide and ammonia.

Hydrogen peroxide is stable at s slightly acidic ph.

If you treat a stain with hydrogen peroxide and then give it a squirt of ammonia, the rapid rise in pH makes the H202 give up all the oxygen ions rapidly. You know very quickly if an oxidizing solution will work.

Otherwise, H202 might indeed be the solution, but you'd have to let it dwell and work for a while.

Not my video, but I do have similar processes.

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxDCAKheDaUHkKW5oxhazfiSNOtGCf0M1u

Like I said upthread, I mostly clean the kitchen with a heavy focus on the counters/oven/sink, and mostly use a spray bottle of diluted dawn as my weapon of choice. We got invaded by little fucking ants about a week or two ago and I mixed up a bottle of 50/50 diluted vinegar. I eventually caved and got some terro ant traps which did the trick - holy fuck so many ants, the spring and a week of solid rain drove them inside and then they focused on the nasty shit that works in between the oven and the counter (sliding that out and cleaning is now on the checklist). Anyways, vinegar did very little to help there but I did start using it on the counters as a second pass after the soapy water and I think that helped things feel smooth and clean afterwards. Makes sense - the soap is a degreaser/detergent but leaves a residue that the acetic acid helps pick up, and the acid evaporates away more cleanly? Anyways, then I saw this post on ammonia and I'm going to try that instead, maybe eventually try a soapy ammonia bottle and see if that works well for a single pass clean on the counters.

Another thing I read early in the pandemic just... explaining how soap actually works,  I found very useful (I guess I never got curious about that before). Whatever snippet that was is lost to time, but the idea is that soap is a two sided molecule, with one hydrophilic side (loves water) and one hydrophobic side (hates water). Hydrophobic stuff (lipids, greasy shit like oils and fats, the stuff that won't rinse off with water because... it hates water) generally likes to stick to other hydrophobic stuff, so when you apply soap and agitate all of that shit sticks to the hydrophobic end of the soap, and then when you rinse with water, the hydrophilic end attaches and it all rinses away.

image.png.917e6a6a8e5780b6159fc08b18de4ce7.png

it's better than alcohol or whatever kind of sanitizer for things like bacteria and viruses because it doesn't just kill the little viral/microbial shit on your hands but it rips them apart and rinses them away. Which is pretty fucking metal.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 4/6/2023 at 7:30 AM, After irth said:

Absolutely.  Don't mind sharing at all.  It ain't rocket science, but it keeps me on track.

It started years ago when I had to remember to give the dog the monthly heart/flea chew.  Oh yeah, when I do that, I should check THIS, do THAT, and then it just became a checklist from there.  I'm sure you can come up with a million stupid things that you need to do around your house on a regular basis.  This process just ensures that shit gets done, looked at, inspected, cleaned, replaced, whatever.

Monthly:  check/change AC filters and closet Damprids, run clean cycle on dishwasher, vac/rotate/flip couch cushions and recliners (I've got 3 sectionals)

Even Months:  Change Dyson & Roomba filters (inspect brushes and replace as necessary)

Quarterly:  Flea pill for cat, descale coffee maker, clean grinder, run clean cycle on washing machine, check dryer vent, change Sonicare heads, wash mattress pad, charge emergency car kits

Semi-annually:  Rotate mattresses, clean all water aerators

Annually:  Change batteries and check all detectors (garage door pad, too), replace fridge water filter. 

As far as my house routine:

Monday:  Towels.  Clean Kitchen/Breakfast Nook/Hall

Tuesday:  Dining Room & Game Room

Wednesday:  Trash.  Sheets.  Bath mats.  Clean Master suite

Thursday:  Living Room & Front Room

Friday:  Bathrooms

Saturday:  Spare Rooms and Hall

Sunday:  Catch up or fuck off.

Don't know if any of this helps, but hey...we're all Domestic Gods here, right?

Two lesbians, middle age attractive, crazy kept to a minimum, likes to travel, eat well, spend summer nights on lake Travis, watch Texas sports, fish and drive around in a big truck. Romantic walks on the beach and cuddling are for suckers. In search of a third spouse, gender irrelevant, domesticated skills are a must. If the cleaning is good enough you can watch while we fuck and the other lesbian will give weekly blow jobs. No she will, no she will, somebody will… only serious replies please.

Edited by troph
  • Haha 2

bottle of 1:8 ammonia:water (well... the household ammonia you can get for a $1 at the store is 5% ammonia, so compound those ratios) has moved to weapon number one for the counters. I'm still a little wary of if I'm going to discover a surface where there's a problem but it's a big improvement over soapy water for removing gunk and leaving no residue. I'm super pleased.

On 4/23/2023 at 2:27 PM, troph said:

Two lesbians, middle age attractive, crazy kept to a minimum, likes to travel, eat well, spend summer nights on lake Travis, watch Texas sports, fish and drive around in a big truck. Romantic walks on the beach and cuddling are for suckers. In search of a third spouse, gender irrelevant, domesticated skills are a must. If the cleaning is good enough you can watch while we fuck and the other lesbian will give weekly blow jobs. No she will, no she will, somebody will… only serious replies please.

Tempting offer for sure.  The wife and I come (cum?) as apackage deal, however.  Which, potentially, may solve your blowjob dilemma...ha!  Consider at your leisure and have your people call my people to set up a lunch!

• Haha 1

On 4/1/2023 at 1:43 PM, Celery Man said:

Question 2:

996848FF-BAC2-43E2-9C01-995FF0A82428.thumb.jpeg.6c3c845d1c34b63065a15d226cdc2ec9.jpeg

this nozzle is obviously stuck kinda in between spray and flow. It's the lever/button, most likely. What I do every now and then is take the spray head off and put it in a cup of white vinegar, press the button back and forth a few times, let it soak for a good half hour and reattach. It gets better but not for very long. Is there some better thing I could be doing here to get this to stop being like this?

You need to disassemble the faucet head and clean out the aerator.  It probably has either scale out of the water heater or other deposits built up in it that are too large to dissolve quickly.  If you're getting a lot of scale out of your hot water heater you need to check it and make sure it's not ready to bust open on you.  You can drain a water heater to get a lot of crud out of the bottom.

1 hour ago, Celery Man said:

Is there a good way to check the health of your hot water heater? I’m vaguely concerned due to age and the fact that it is located on the third floor, but I don’t think anything appears wrong. Worth another check though.

Most tank water heaters seem to go out at 12-15 years.  Turn it off, Hook a hose up to it, run it down to a bath tub and drain some water.  See what comes out.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/25/2023 at 4:00 PM, Celery Man said:

Is there a good way to check the health of your hot water heater? I’m vaguely concerned due to age and the fact that it is located on the third floor, but I don’t think anything appears wrong. Worth another check though.

if you are super concerned about it check the pan it is in + the drain for the pan to make sure it is clear and invest in some kind of water leak detector.  so that you know if you have a huge issue before it is all over the place.

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 1

Today’s research - silicone cookware that starts to make things taste like soap, spurred by the lil gummy treats I’m making for the kid

IMG_2395.thumb.jpeg.51339ab3585ae7da22ff215ca00c4434.jpeg

I haven’t noticed it with my trusted spatula, but certainly with our silicone muffin trays, the more they go through the dishwasher (maybe even being washed by hand) they start to smell like soap and making everything they touch smell like soap. I actually thought I maybe had covid or something a few years back when I first noticed this phenomenon. I’ve resorted to hand washing everything, but had recently read something about soaking them in baking soda or vinegar. That’s probably bullshit but maybe you guys have experience otherwise. This, however, looks promising. I will try to design an experiment and report back.

https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/blog/how-to-get-smells-out-of-silicone-kitchenware/amp/

The rec here is to stick them in the oven at 250 for 20-40 minutes.

9 hours ago, Celery Man said:

Today’s research - silicone cookware that starts to make things taste like soap, spurred by the lil gummy treats I’m making for the kid

IMG_2395.thumb.jpeg.51339ab3585ae7da22ff215ca00c4434.jpeg

I haven’t noticed it with my trusted spatula, but certainly with our silicone muffin trays, the more they go through the dishwasher (maybe even being washed by hand) they start to smell like soap and making everything they touch smell like soap. I actually thought I maybe had covid or something a few years back when I first noticed this phenomenon. I’ve resorted to hand washing everything, but had recently read something about soaking them in baking soda or vinegar. That’s probably bullshit but maybe you guys have experience otherwise. This, however, looks promising. I will try to design an experiment and report back.

https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/blog/how-to-get-smells-out-of-silicone-kitchenware/amp/

The rec here is to stick them in the oven at 250 for 20-40 minutes.

I have some silicone ice molds, and when they start to smell like the freezer, they go in a 350 oven for about an hour. Your whole kitchen will smell like freezer-burn for a bit, and then it just goes away. 

Obviously, you wanna make sure you’re dealing with legit heat-proof silicone items; otherwise, you’re just some dumbass melting things in your oven. 

• 2 months later...

Neighbors gave us some of their daughters’ old clothes, some of which have been deemed acceptable by the wife. Neighbors apparently use some noxiously perfumes detergent and it is heavy after even a deep water wash. Any recs? I’m thinking maybe a cycle with some vinegar. Honestly vodka would probably do it but that’s not a thing we like to have.

17 hours ago, Celery Man said:

Neighbors gave us some of their daughters’ old clothes, some of which have been deemed acceptable by the wife. Neighbors apparently use some noxiously perfumes detergent and it is heavy after even a deep water wash. Any recs? I’m thinking maybe a cycle with some vinegar. Honestly vodka would probably do it but that’s not a thing we like to have.

Run a washer load with 2 to 4 cups of Vinegar and 2 cups of Baking Soda.  Double rinse. 

No soap, no softener.  You can launder normally after that if it works.    

Edited by After irth
  • Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, Celery Man said:

do you soak? i would consider a long(er) soak with oxiclean? they have an odor reducing one evidently now.

https://www.oxiclean.com/stain-solutions/how-to-remove-sweat-stains-odors-from-clothing

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, After irth said:

Run a washer load with 2 to 4 cups of Vinegar and 2 cups of Baking Soda.  Double rinse. 

So, when googling how to tackle cleaning problems I'm typically skeptical of any "combine baking soda and vinegar" solutions. The bubbling is fun but that's the... process of the two ingredients becoming inert and AFAIK really the (only? primary?) thing that could be useful about it is the bit of physical agitation you get during that process while the base and acid are still potent? But my scientific understanding here is very shallow and I trust that you know what you are talking about, so I'm curious if you have any thoughts there.

I have a Lowe's bucket I use to soak our kitchen towels in oxiclean - that's another good option although it's a lot of clothes. I could probably dedicate a bathtub to that for long enough to make it happen.

Referring to @After irth and his grids, I highly recommend Home Routines — iOS, though it may exist on android — to sort out your zones and tasks until muscle memory sets in. Maybe even after that. It was very helpful for me and my desire to list and categorize things once it became clear this stuff was only going to happen if I did it. A crucial lesson learned for someone who’s getting too old to grub around on his damned knees: a dryer sheet along the baseboards before the dust and whatnot had a chance to become something that requires scrubbing. It cleans and it appears to protect somewhat  

I keep Dawn and water in a spray bottle for kitchen counters and backsplash to deal with cooking residue and a spray bottle with just water to deal with potential Dawn residue. 409. Barkeeper’s Friend. Microfiber cloths. This handles pretty much anything from the stainless clad cookware to the appliances to the counters. I’m informed that my life will go to hell because of the marble countertops being put in as I type, but I’m hoping it doesn’t change my approach much   

I put stuff like oil and vinegar decanters and misters, pepper mills, salt cellars, etc. on small trays or lazy Susans. This makes it easy to lift them to clean the counter and it reins in the urge to populate the counters with more things. “Does it fit on a tray or am I willing to buy and maintain another tray? No? It needs to go somewhere else.”

Edited by Doc Daneeka
*too, not to
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Celery Man said:

So, when googling how to tackle cleaning problems I'm typically skeptical of any "combine baking soda and vinegar" solutions. The bubbling is fun but that's the... process of the two ingredients becoming inert and AFAIK really the (only? primary?) thing that could be useful about it is the bit of physical agitation you get during that process while the base and acid are still potent? But my scientific understanding here is very shallow and I trust that you know what you are talking about, so I'm curious if you have any thoughts there.

I have a Lowe's bucket I use to soak our kitchen towels in oxiclean - that's another good option although it's a lot of clothes. I could probably dedicate a bathtub to that for long enough to make it happen.

I've done it several times over the years to freshen linens.  If you don't feel comfortable combing the two, no worries.  The alternative is to do a soak in a vinegar solution, and then wash the items in baking soda after that.  Was just trying to save you steps.  

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Referring to @After irth and his grids, I highly recommend Home Routines — iOS, though it may exist on android — to sort out your zones and tasks until muscle memory sets in. Maybe even after that. It was very helpful for me and my desire to list and categorize things once it became clear this stuff was only going to happen if I did it. A crucial lesson learned for someone who’s getting too old to grub around on his damned knees: a dryer sheet along the baseboards before the dust and whatnot had a chance to become something that requires scrubbing. It cleans and it appears to protect somewhat 

is the logo for this app a star with a check on it? is it actually good?

17 minutes ago, After irth said:

I've done it several times over the years to freshen linens.  If you don't feel comfortable combing the two, no worries.  The alternative is to do a soak in a vinegar solution, and then wash the items in baking soda after that.  Was just trying to save you steps.  

Yeah I believe you and am comfortable, just curious if you had any insight there. I expect the steps you outline work perfectly well, but I do think that if you are trying to figure out cleaning approaches on the internet, there is a tension between every mommy blog site advising a mixture of vinegar and baking soda to cure any problem and then neckbeard redditors explaining that ackshually you are just making fancy water. I expect the reality is somewhere in the middle and I'm curious about the nuance.

I do think I've done some form of that process with bath towels and had good results in getting them freshened up.

Good tip on the baseboards - I always mean to do that, and I imagine the waxiness of the dryer sheets does protect against dust gathering. For the kitchen counters... I may have said this exactly in this thread by my wife fought me about everything I wanted to leave out on the counters and I'm glad I gave in. Toaster, coffee machine, stand mixer, nothing else lives on the counter. Now I'm the fascist about that.

Edited by Celery Man
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

assume you mean coffee stains and the like under those lids - I would absolutely try it. I mostly use a lid that doesn't have a tab and so it's not a big problem for me, but I'm sold on tablets as a good "get rid of brown stains" options this side of bleach (although I think they actually do maybe contain a mild form of bleach). I would try submerging it and running the tab back and forth several times, try and get some of it under there. maybe let it work for a while with the tab open and for a while with it closed.

I haven't run a series of tests or anything but fwiw I'm using the "green" fast acting tabs. I've bought the store brand from a few different places and they appear to all be identical down to the blister packaging.

• 4 weeks later...

bumping the thread - anyone have a cordless stick vacuum you really like? going down the rabbit hole on research and realllllllllly don't want to spend $$$$$$$$ on a Dyson even though that's what everyone like Vacuum Wars recommends.

looking for hard floors only, no carpets.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, NoName said:

bumping the thread - anyone have a cordless stick vacuum you really like? going down the rabbit hole on research and realllllllllly don't want to spend $$$$$$$$ on a Dyson even though that's what everyone like Vacuum Wars recommends.

Check out Tineco, been very happy and recd it to others who are also happy with it. Testing sites show it stacks up very well and much more affordable. 

14 hours ago, tx ind said:

Miele (but it costs 2x of a Dyson)

5 hours ago, bluto said:

Check out Tineco, been very happy and recd it to others who are also happy with it. Testing sites show it stacks up very well and much more affordable. 

thanks yall! was looking at one from Tineco that vacuum wars like that quite inexpensive comparatively. not trying to spend a zillion dollars on it even though i know they are out there.

On 10/11/2023 at 10:01 AM, NoName said:

Have both a dyson and then a highly rated one from Amazon.  The dyson is orders of magnitude better.  I keep the Amazon one in the camper now for ultra light cleanups.  

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/14/2023 at 4:58 PM, Doc Daneeka said:

I have hell getting lids clean under the sliding tabs. Does this help with that?

I just found out the Yeti tumbler with a sliding tab is... magnetic. As in I can just pull it off and clean under it. Then it pops right back on. I think Yeti is overpriced BS (it was a gift), but damn if that isn't a good idea.

On 10/12/2023 at 5:52 PM, FirstTimeCaller said:

I just found out the Yeti tumbler with a sliding tab is... magnetic. As in I can just pull it off and clean under it. Then it pops right back on. I think Yeti is overpriced BS (it was a gift), but damn if that isn't a good idea.

Blow Your Mind Wow GIF by Product Hunt

oh what the fuck yeah it just lifts right off

On 10/11/2023 at 10:01 AM, NoName said:

We have the Dyson D15. It's great when it's working. It came with a bad charger. Warranty replaced the battery only to realize the charger was the issue. Currently waiting on a new cleaner head because the ball thingy broke.  Customer service is decent as far as you can easily get in contact with them but replacement parts are slow. When 2 yr warranty is up, I have a feeling I'm going to regret the purchase at this rate.  It works great on hard floors though...

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/12/2023 at 4:52 PM, FirstTimeCaller said:

On 10/14/2023 at 8:05 AM, Celery Man said:

Blow Your Mind Wow GIF by Product Hunt

oh what the fuck yeah it just lifts right off

You mean you never had a kid throw one in anger and had the sliding tab fly off before this?

59 minutes ago, hornian said:

You mean you never had a kid throw one in anger and had the sliding tab fly off before this?

she throws my longhorn yeti and i'll dropkick that bitch. but yeah she's got a little hydroflask and the spout launches across the room if she knocks it down hard enough

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

My kids just threw x-box controllers.  

After i killed them, the situation did present the opportunity for them  to learn drywall patching/ repair.  Not 'cleaning,'  but related.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2023 at 8:55 AM, After irth said:

We soak our permanent stink work out clothes in a heavy vinegar water solution for a few hours and it takes that stink out. It’s a miracle cure.

also I’ve been using Folex for years and years on clothes for stains. For the stains listed it’s one of the best.