2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

4 minutes ago, F250 said:

Yang Gang is a made up of a shit ton of people that are not Democrats. Actually I think a lot of his supporters have no party affiliation at all.

The DNC might want to figure out how to bring new alliances in by building a big tent or just lose another election and feign outrage about 3rd Party candidates and Russian bots.

A lot of Yang's policy positions have semi-suitable alternatives from Warren and Bernie. They just need to be packaged properly. Still it's probably not worth the effort. There aren't that many of them, and their alternative will be Trump who offers no semi-suitable alternatives to them. They will be making a choice based on petty anger rather than a desire for effective governance from someone else.

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Bernie Sanders went from an absolute nobody in 2015 to taking Hillary to the wire in 2016 to the king of grassroots participation and fundraising in 2020. The entire party changed itself to reflect him after 2016. 

Bernie has been winning like fucking crazy.

But he won't become a Democrat.

Whatever.

6 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

A lot of Yang's policy positions have semi-suitable alternatives from Warren and Bernie. They just need to be packaged properly. Still it's probably not worth the effort. There aren't that many of them, and their alternative will be Trump who offers no semi-suitable alternatives to them. They will be making a choice based on petty anger rather than a desire for effective governance from someone else.

Not necessarily anger. I suspect most people that walk away do so out of apathy rather than anger. Its probably a minority of people that voice their dissatisfaction while most just don't care enough to complain.

15 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Or maybe, just maybe, non-Democrats will stop running as Democrats because it's easier than establishing a third party.

Hope springs eternal.

So, you are an advocate for the Jill Stein/Gary Johnson option. Got it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

But he won't become a Democrat.

Whatever.

Yeah, that's not a bad thing when the party has for the past few decades slowly and slowly moved towards the right and damn near every youngish person I know really don't give a shit about being in the "party" and rather just want more progressive reps. Don't know why that causes so much more consternation, if he ran as an independent then he'd guarantee Trump's re-election.

18 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

Yeah, that's not a bad thing when the party has for the past few decades slowly and slowly moved towards the right and damn near every youngish person I know really don't give a shit about being in the "party" and rather just want more progressive reps. Don't know why that causes so much more consternation, if he ran as an independent then he'd guarantee Trump's re-election.

Rightly or wrongly, the party thinks he's doing that anyway.

That's a big problem.

Edited by David Dennison

7 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I say this as someone who is 100% voting Dem, whoever it may be, in November: This is the worst fucking thread on this entire website.

Yeah probably so. But if you have the itch to type out “Bernie bros” where else can you be made to feel welcome? 

Back on topic. The bernomentum seems real, which I guess might explain why hilldog has reappeared and the dems are changing the debate rules for the only republican running in the dem primary. 

Personally I don’t give a shit. Whoever has the best chance to defeat President shitstain needs to be the nominee. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JimmyJames said:

Yeah probably so. But if you have the itch to type out “Bernie bros” where else can you be made to feel welcome? 

Back on topic. The bernomentum seems real, which I guess might explain why hilldog has reappeared and the dems are changing the debate rules for the only republican running in the dem primary. 

Personally I don’t give a shit. Whoever has the best chance to defeat President shitstain needs to be the nominee. 

This is what the fight will be about. Bernie supporters think it's him. Party leaders, moderates, and neoliberals think nominating Bernie Sanders ensures Trump's re-election.

The fight between Bernie and Biden supporters is going to make us long for the days of Bernie v. Hillary.

This thread is a preview.

13 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

The bernomentum seems real, which I guess might explain why hilldog has reappeared and the dems are changing the debate rules for the only republican running in the dem primary. 

I think Hillary would be doing Hillary shit regardless of Bernie's strength in the race. She's only ever been in this for herself and no one is telling her what to do. She'd be happy to steal spotlight from Warren soaring in the polls or Biden or anyone else. Hillary cares about Hillary.

The Bloomberg debate gambit? Abso-fucking-lutely yes. This has been telegraphed since 10/2018 when Bloomberg switched parties, it's not even a secret. Bloomberg is smart, he saw this shit coming way back and set himself up to be the backstop. He's been buying endorsements for years. And here he is.

Jesus Christ

25 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

This is what the fight will be about. Bernie supporters think it's him. Party leaders, moderates, and neoliberals think nominating Bernie Sanders ensures Trump's re-election.

The fight between Bernie and Biden supporters is going to make us long for the days of Bernie v. Hillary.

This thread is a preview.

No they don't.

Or if they do, they are doing their usual bang-up job of putting forth designated heroes who are certain to lose.

Right now, neither of the parties offers anything tangible to their constituents. The Dems offer Wokeness, the Repubs offer "patriotism," and both are tools of a donor class that hides behind those virtues while robbing us blind while we squabble. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

No they don't.

Or if they do, they are doing their usual bang-up job of putting forth designated heroes who are certain to lose.

Right now, neither of the parties offers anything tangible to their constituents. The Dems offer Wokeness, the Repubs offer "patriotism," and both are tools of a donor class that hides behind those virtues while robbing us blind while we squabble. 

Democratic Party leadership absolutely believes a Bernie Sanders nomination means they lose to Trump. It's why the party is scrambling to help non-Bernie candidates like Bloomberg.

5 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

• Like 4

I mean, it's like "Hey, this guy who might act like a real Democrat might be too popular, so let's move the party even further to the right. Like all the way into moderate Repulicanism...."

Bloomberg's vision for a Perfect America is modern--day Times Square, where all of us angle for positions in corporate restaurant chains. In some ways I find him even more dystopian than Trump. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

I mean, it's like "Hey, this guy who might act like a real Democrat might be too popular, so let's move the party even further to the right. Like all the way into moderate Repulicanism...."

Bloomberg's vision for a Perfect America is modern--day Times Square, where all of us angle for positions in corporate restaurant chains. In some ways I find him even more dystopian than Trump. 

It's about protecting capitalism at all costs. 

1 hour ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

No they don't.

I just can’t believe the inefficient, corrupt organizations that serve corporate interests offer nothing of value.

• Like 1

Good God.   Imagine that you’re a party trying to unseat an impeached and historically President who is so detestable that his own party created an anti-him-movement and named it after him. Now imagine that you choose to use the moment to fight among yourselves.  Truly we get the government we deserve.

• Like 1

3a045656c68d1197571886c8614068de.jpg

And I think this most recent “Democrats are stupid and eating their own” freak out is the natural last gasp panic before the voting starts for real.

Once Iowa, NH, and SC shake out, we should be settled into three realistic choices - Biden, Bernie, Warren.

I pray that calms down the shenanigans and reality and practicality sink in.

And I’m afraid that’s when Biden takes it away. The lack of Biden supporters being “very online” is going to actually play in his favor because many, many supporters of dropped out candidates are still pissy at past behavior of Buttigieg/Warren/Bernie very online folks.

And they’re taking the position of “Eh, I don’t particularly care for any of the four but at least the Ridin’ For Biden shills weren’t complete and utter twats to my gal/guy”.

I’ve seen that sentiment over and over again from Castro/Booker/Beto/Kamala supporters.

Now, if Klobuchar comes out of nowhere with a surprising finish in Iowa (top three) then I could see some movement to her.

She’s in the same lane as Biden but lots of the supporters searching for a home haven’t given her a look because she seems like a lost cause and they don’t want to get behind another candidate destined to drop out and disappoint them again.

https://twitter.com/100_Disable_vet/status/1223748315835248640

https://twitter.com/LovesTheBern/status/1223754809016082432

Real people are counting on Democrats to reject more of the same - all my centrist friends who are of good heart. Please help.

Obama broke the glass ceiling on ideas that help the poor, working class and the imploding middle class. He met a brick wall from the Republicans who now appear on MSNBC and CNN. It's time to break down that wall and help Americans less fortunate than yourselves.

Not me, Us. Please.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

If the poll comes out tomorrow and shows anyone besides Bernie in the lead then it was clearly a cover up by the DNC. If Bernie is in the lead then it's a sign of the coming apocalypse and me and the bros really start going wild. Booing Hillary was just the beginning. 

Yep. Me and all the bros are up in arms about this snafu. Not sure what its a snafu about, but we’re up in arms about it regardless.