EPL 2023/24: Oil, Money and Power

Captain Ron

1 hour ago, Firemans4Horn said:

City won their last 9 games (which they seemingly do every year if they have to). You can’t run anyone down when they don’t drop points. 

We had a four-match blip between Christmas and the winter break, and it meant we had to close the season perfectly to have a real chance. Against a petrostate, you can’t do that. Closing 16-1-1 is damn good, but it wasn’t perfect. 

Pep hasn’t won league titles in Italy or France. In fact, he probably needs to leave now and go get those on his resume. Nobody’s the league until the bald fucker leaves.

7 hours ago, Dutch said:

Pep hasn’t won league titles in Italy or France. In fact, he probably needs to leave now and go get those on his resume. Nobody’s the league until the bald fucker leaves.

I keep holding out hope he'll go back home to Barca...or go anywhere else.  I love the way his teams play but I just can't do it with the petrostate teams.

you gotta be shitting me:

IMG_5684.thumb.jpeg.a0156b37df87023b2f5fb64801409f5c.jpeg

it’s unai emery, followed by arteta, followed by i-don’t-know-how-many more guys before it should ever be Pep. winning the league by two points on the final day is objectively underperforming for that club, but sure, he’s the manager of the year. 🙄 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, mdmost said:

This might be the weirdest managerial carousel in a long while. Klopp gone, Slot in. Poch out, Enzo in? Ten Hag out, Ten Hag in/Tuchel in? The Special One returning? 

The Guardian is reporting that Chelsea is offering Enzo a 5 year deal. Now ManU are talking to De Zerbi.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/article/2024/may/27/manchester-united-sound-out-roberto-de-zerbi-about-becoming-new-manager

On 5/26/2024 at 6:32 PM, Ted Lange said:

Yes Gregg can step aside and Pep can coach USMNT at the World Cup 🙏

as far fetched as this sounds, if Pep was bored and looking for a challenge, this would be one.