Why is the Right so Afraid of the Left?

Hugo Stiglitz

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

We will see if that stands up at the Supreme Court.

You realize you are advocating that local officers can detain you to determine your immigration status right? That’s what this bill allows for.

I can provide them with proof that I am a US citizen and don't have a problem proving it. They can pull me over for speeding, ask me to show them my ID and social security card, and answer any questions they have. 

8 minutes ago, slorch said:

You're right.  ICE doesn't know where Home Depot is...

They do, but you know who the illegals are.  You said so.  Did you think you could just send them over there to round up any Latino looking person?  In Texas?  I already told you their issue.  They can't round up US citizens.  Even you know they can't round up the Latino couple picking up a new grill.  It would be a total shitshow.  So its up to you, citizen, to do a little bit of that one hour legwork you said you could do.  And I will tell you this.  If you give ICE actionable information, they will come and check it out.  But it has to be actionable and not "I think".  Because US citizens like you and me, and like 1 or 2 of the guys looking for day labor at Home Depot, aren't going to tolerate being harassed or unlawfully detained.  And the bigger thing is that they could probably get away with harassing you or me (because they never would), but if they pick up Jose, the American citizen day laborer, they'll have a million people at their doorstep demanding an explanation.

Quit being lazy.  You said you could find 20.  Go find one.  Get to know him so you can be sure of his status.  Learn his name.  Learn about his family.  Have an accurate description.  Turn him in.  You just want ICE to go in and harass a bunch of people because you're a bitch.  You don't want to know about families or put a face to a name.  But its a crime, and a crime needs a witness.  Just like a murder.  You'd turn a murderer in.  You think illegal immigration is a terrible crime.  So go do it.

Edited by FondrenRoad

10 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

They do, but you know who the illegals are.  You said so.  Did you think you could just send them over there to round up any Latino looking person?  In Texas?  I already told you their issue.  They can't round up US citizens.  Even you know they can't round up the Latino couple picking up a new grill.  It would be a total shitshow.  So its up to you, citizen, to do a little bit of that one hour legwork you said you could do.  And I will tell you this.  If you give ICE actionable information, they will come and check it out.  But it has to be actionable and not "I think".  Because US citizens like you and me, and like 1 or 2 of the guys looking for day labor at Home Depot, aren't going to tolerate being harassed or unlawfully detained.  And the bigger thing is that they could probably get away with harassing you or me (because they never would), but if they pick up Jose, the American citizen day laborer, they'll have a million people at their doorstep demanding an explanation.

Quit being lazy.  You said you could find 20.  Go find one.  Get to know him so you can be sure of his status.  Learn his name.  Learn about his family.  Have an accurate description.  Turn him in.  You just want ICE to go in and harass a bunch of people because you're a bitch.  You don't want to know about families or put a face to a name.  But its a crime, and a crime needs a witness.  Just like a murder.  You'd turn a murderer in.  You think illegal immigration is a terrible crime.  So go do it.

Incorrect.

i want the laws enforced.  We pay people to enforce them.  Not Slorch.

Also, you would never have to set foot inside the Home Depot.  You could simply drive up in any reasonable pickup or work vehicle and ask for ID of people sitting around the parking lot, which is private property.  That's entrapment though, right?  We made them fucking come here.

If the laws are bad change them, but stop acting as if  the law means anything with regard to immigration.

Edited by slorch

11 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

We will see if that stands up at the Supreme Court.

You realize you are advocating that local officers can detain you to determine your immigration status right? That’s what this bill allows for.

He's white.  They won't be detaining him.  They won't even be detaining white people with clear foreign accents.  We are talking about local LEOs here.  They will detain black people for that, but hey, that's just another tool in the LEO arsenal for fucking with black people, so he doesn't care.

1 minute ago, FondrenRoad said:

He's white.  They won't be detaining him.  They won't even be detaining white people with clear foreign accents.  We are talking about local LEOs here.  They will detain black people for that, but hey, that's just another tool in the LEO arsenal for fucking with black people, so he doesn't care.

You play the race card.

Ignoring proper documentation possessed by the folks you hate.

2 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Wrong. I am not even a little bit white. 

Just now, slorch said:

Incorrect.

i want the laws enforced.

If the laws are bad change them, but stop acting as if  the law means anything with regard to immigration.

The law currently is that US citizens do not have to carry proof of citizenship at all times.  The law currently is that US citizens can not be unlawfully detained.  Put those 2 together.  Now, in Texas, 40% of the population is Latino.  Of that 40%, 70% are US born.

So in your Home Depot line, what can ICE do if you don't first tell them exactly who to look for with evidence?  How do they enforce laws if you aren't willing to be a witness.  Do you think murders are solved without evidence?  Nope.  Right now, you're a guy walking away from a crime scene and telling officers you saw nothing.

So again, I'm telling you, citizen, report.  Or just come clean and admit you don't want those Home Depot guys deported or any other illegal immigrants that don't commit additional crimes.  If you come clean, we can all come together with a proper guest worker program that will at the very least, put everyone on the radar and paying taxes.

6 minutes ago, slorch said:

You play the race card.

Ignoring proper documentation possessed by the folks you hate.

What documentation.  Much like America in general, one does not need to carry proof of citizenship or even ID to be on surly.

Quit being a pussy.  Go to Home Depot.  Fake that you need to hire someone.  Get to know who you hire.  If they tell you they're illegal, call ICE.

Edited by FondrenRoad

Just now, FondrenRoad said:

Then why wouldn't they detain you?   Do you carry your birth certificate everywhere with you?

I have my social security card on me along with my drivers license. When I renewed my license 3 months ago, they asked for my birth certificate. 

3 minutes ago, RandomIdoit said:

I have my social security card on me along with my drivers license. When I renewed my license 3 months ago, they asked for my birth certificate. 

Neither a driver license nor a social security card prove citizenship or even legal presence.  Anyone with a temporary work visa can get both.

And keep in mind, that while you focus on illegal entries, visa overstays are an equal if not bigger reason for illegal presence.  And there's a reason you shouldn't carry your SS card.  That shit is easily faked.

Edited by FondrenRoad

9 minutes ago, RandomIdoit said:

Then they aren't here illegally are they? 

https://www.dps.texas.gov/DriverLicense/LawfulStatusDLID.htm

A social security card is given to you for a lifetime.  You even keep the same one if you lose status and get it back at a later date.  A driver license expires based on regular driver license expiration dates (usually 5 or 10 years), and says nothing about when your visa expires.  Both outlast visa status.  In many states, you can even renew your driver license after your visa expired.  So nope, neither prove citizenship.  The only driver licenses that prove citizenship are the enhanced DLs offered in Michigan, Vermont, New York, Minnesota, and Washington.  But most people in those states don't have enhanced DLs unless they drive to Canada often because they are more expensive.  States that currently comply with Real ID, do not offer DLs that prove citizenship or current legal presence even though they do require legal presence at issuance.

Perhaps I need to make a citizen's arrest until you are able to prove that you belong here.

Edited by FondrenRoad

A social security card is given to you for a lifetime.  You even keep the same one if you lose status and get it back at a later date.  A driver license expires based on regular driver license expiration dates (usually 5 or 10 years), and says nothing about when your visa expires.  Both outlast visa status.  In many states, you can even renew your driver license after your visa expired.  So nope, neither prove citizenship.  The only driver licenses that prove citizenship are the enhanced DLs offered in Michigan, Vermont, New York, Minnesota, and Washington.  But most people in those states don't have enhanced DLs unless they drive to Canada often because they are more expensive.  States that currently comply with Real ID, do not offer DLs that prove citizenship or current legal presence.

Perhaps I need to make a citizen's arrest until you are able to prove that you belong here.

Not in Texas according to the Texas Department of Public Safety. 

Temporary Visitor/Limited Term Issuance An applicant may be issued a limited term DL/ID if he or she is NOT: A US citizen; A US national; A lawful permanent resident; A refugee; or An asylee. A limited term DL/ID will expire with the applicant’s lawful presence as determined by DHS.

30 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

I hate to say it to you, but you don't have a clue.  Most of those states are not the Deep South.  The Deep South is Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, and South Carolina.  Only Georgia has seen immigration.  The rest grow based on birth rate and usually even lag that statistic.

And really.  First, you included West Virginia in the Deep South.  A state that only exists because several counties in Virginia didn't want to secede from the union.   It isn't even the South at all.   A bunch of Appalachia and Piedmont.  And then you include Texas, which is just Texas, a region into itself.  And Florida is pretty much its own thing too.  Both Texas and Florida have tiny parts which are part of the Deep South, but neither are Deep South states.

The sad thing is that you don't realize you're better than the Deep South.  You are, yet they hang onto you like an anchor.  Even Georgia wants to escape and they are actually in the Deep South.

Well, deep south, according to Google includes the states you mentioned, although it said Texas, western Tennessee, and Florida was also included.  South Carolina, like I said has grown 20.3% since 2000 including immigration, and that is tremendous growth.  Count Texas, Louisiana is only 4%, but look how many people left Louisiana because of Katrina? Mississippi, and Alabama have had growth, 4% and 9% as I stated earlier.   You can claim Texas and Florida. Georgia aren't deep south, just to try to prove your point, and say they are regions of their own, (whatever that means) but those 3 states like South Carolina and have had tremendous growth.  

I know this post doesn't fit your agenda.   And what do you mean that I am better than the Deep South and that I hang on to it like an anchor?   I guess you are just better than many Americans in the Deep South, right?  Way to look down on people, you are so open minded and accepting.

Just now, RandomIdoit said:

Not in Texas according to the Texas Department of Public Safety. 

Temporary Visitor/Limited Term Issuance An applicant may be issued a limited term DL/ID if he or she is NOT: A US citizen; A US national; A lawful permanent resident; A refugee; or An asylee. A limited term DL/ID will expire with the applicant’s lawful presence as determined by DHS.

Maybe that's fairly new, or maybe "may be issued" means just that.  But in Texas, if you are walking on the street, are you required to carry identification at all?

23 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

What documentation.  Much like America in general, one does not need to carry proof of citizenship or even ID to be on surly.

Quit being a pussy.  Go to Home Depot.  Fake that you need to hire someone.  Get to know who you hire.  If they tell you they're illegal, call ICE.

You're right.

Immigration laws are being fully enforced.

Your responses absolutely substantiate the concern on the right that you people want further erosion of the enforcement of immigration policies.

Edited by slorch

Maybe that's fairly new, or maybe "may be issued" means just that.  But in Texas, if you are walking on the street, are you required to carry identification at all?

I'm not sure, but I never leave the house without it.

The right isn't afraid of the left. The right hates the left for their freedom. You can't have people living their lives with liberty in the pursuit of happiness. What kind of country would this be unless we force everyone to conform to the conservative model of behavior and pray to the one true American god... Jesus. Anything else is just anarchy. True patriots yearn to be told how they should behave. And who to fuck.

2 minutes ago, orangeut said:

Well, deep south, according to Google includes the states you mentioned, although it said Texas, western Tennessee, and Florida was also included.  South Carolina, like I said has grown 20.3% since 2000 including immigration, and that is tremendous growth.  Count Texas, Louisiana is only 4%, but look how many people left Louisiana because of Katrina? Mississippi, and Alabama have had growth, 4% and 9% as I stated earlier.   You can claim Texas and Florida. Georgia aren't deep south, just to try to prove your point, and say they are regions of their own, (whatever that means) but those 3 states like South Carolina and have had tremendous growth.  

I know this post doesn't fit your agenda.   And what do you mean that I am better than the Deep South and that I hang on to it like an anchor?   I guess you are just better than many Americans in the Deep South, right?  Way to look down on people, you are so open minded and accepting.

I don't have an agenda.  In this at least.  East Texas, Memphis, and the panhandle of Florida are sometimes included in the Deep South, but in the last 40 years, they've moved further away from it and more towards their states at large.  Look, I'm from the actual Deep South, and have a love-hate relationship with it.  Better than the Deep South?  Nope, I think there are good people everywhere, but I'm happy to let them try bad ideas and fail.  And if I do have an agenda in the Deep South label, its in making sure hangers on don't try to steal their way in.  Someone in MS or AL, for sure, doesn't consider Houston or Miami the Deep South and they also don't consider the entirety of Appalachia or the Piedmont the Deep South either.

Texas is not the Deep South.  Its even questionable to include East Texas because there is a vast difference between Nacogdoches and Natchitoches.  And either of those Deep South border towns are drastically different from Meridian, MS.

Georgia is Deep South.  I said the exact states that are Deep South, and I said Georgia is the only one with real growth. 

However, you really did yourself in by including West Virginia in your first post.  West Virginia seceded from Virginia (also not the Deep South) in order to stay part of the USA. 

And man, come on, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama's struggles didn't start with Katrina.  They've never had successful economies in their entire existence.  That doesn't mean they are made up of entirely bad people.  They have good people and bad like everywhere else.  They have people who are proud of where they're from even when they're disenfranchised.  They also have terrible governance and bad race relations.  They are also the Heart of Dixie.  Another term that you shouldn't apply to Texas or West Virginia.

16 minutes ago, RandomIdoit said:

I'm not sure, but I never leave the house without it.

You aren't required to carry it everywhere.  Its a driver license.  You are required to carry it to drive.  You are required to show ID to purchase alcohol, tobacco, or lottery tickets.  

30 minutes ago, slorch said:

You're right.

Your responses absolutely substantiate the concern on the right that you people want further erosion of the enforcement of immigration policies.

They can't be enforced if you don't take positive action, citizen.  If you see something, say something.  Would you fail to report a murder to authorities?  A robbery?  A couple of people on shaggy have said they hire illegal yardworkers and maids.  Johnny Sack and Rex Kramer for sure.  You can be the guy to turn their illegals in.  That's even easier than figuring out who is who at the local day labor pickup, isn't it?

You do realize that you could kill your neighbors right now and the only reason you wouldn't get away with it is that someone would report them missing, right?  That's how crimes are enforced.  The police aren't everywhere.  Crimes have to be reported.

Edited by FondrenRoad

6 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

You aren't required to carry it everywhere.  Its a driver license.  You are required to carry it to drive.  You are required to show ID to purchase alcohol, tobacco, or lottery tickets.  

They said it is now against the law to have both an ID and a drivers license when I went to renew my license. They said if I had an ID I would need to destroy it.

1 minute ago, RandomIdoit said:

They said it is now against the law to have both an ID and a drivers license when I went to renew my license. They said if I had an ID I would need to destroy it.

Tell them you lost it.  That’s what I did.  One for my wallet, one for my travel bag, and one for my safe.  

Ever go thru TSA without ID?  Not me.

Just now, RandomIdoit said:

Regardless, you are not required to carry either one unless you are driving or purchasing an age-restricted item or voting(in some states).

And did you destroy it?  Do you consider that truly enforcing something that is "against the law?"  Tough to overcome the honor system and all.  I bet you still have it in your drawer, don't you? 

1 minute ago, Upgrayedd said:

Tell them you lost it.  That’s what I did.  One for my wallet, one for my travel bag, and one for my safe.  

Ever go thru TSA without ID?  Not me.

Ive been through TSA with no ID.  Traveling with my wife who had ID.  My ID was lost on vacation.  Had only a minimal amount of additional questioning.  Would have likely been more difficult if not impossible if I was traveling alone.

Maybe they are scared that voicing their opinion will label them as a racist, homophobic, sexist piece of shit because they don’t agree with providing funding and class specification for all those progressive agendas? That they are more in tune with “live and let live” instead of redefining the country’s moral fabric than the Left is? That being beaten over the head with PC culture is the wrong tactic for the Left to use to present tangible change and smells of shit-eating arrogance?
Maybe that

Like I said. Chickenshit.

45 minutes ago, slorch said:

You're right.

Missed your edit regarding private property.  And yes, that adds an additional wrinkle that doesn't favor your ICE should be able to question everyone and demand ID even when US citizens are not required to carry it.  Home Depot would have to call them.  And I don't know what your Home Depot is like down there, but up here, they set up a little diner right in the front of the building for the day laborers.  Profit upon profit for Home Depot.  

20 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Regardless, you are not required to carry either one unless you are driving or purchasing an age-restricted item or voting(in some states).

And did you destroy it?  Do you consider that truly enforcing something that is "against the law?"  Tough to overcome the honor system and all.  I bet you still have it in your drawer, don't you? 

I never had an ID besides my military ID, so I didn't even question the validity of what she said.

3 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Like I said. Chickenshit.

Worse than that.  He said he likes the progressive agenda, and claims to love all the progressive NY state and city policies that someone like Ocasio-Cortez wants to bring to the nation at large even while saying he doesn't want to fund welfare for others, and then specifically had a problem with transgender people wanting to exist, illegal immigrants, and janitors.

I wish it was chickenshit, but it all brings it back to my first post on this thread.  White people are terrified of becoming the minority in this country.  

4 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

Because the progressive left is full of absolute idiots who see themselves as reincarnations of Albert Einstein.  No stupid person is capable of more destruction than the stupid person who is convinced he is a genius.  Any educated person who believes socialism is a superior economic system to capitalism qualifies for this demographic.

You're the supreme example of irony.  You have every single point wrong.

3 minutes ago, RandomIdoit said:

I never had an ID besides my military ID, so I didn't even question the validity of what she said.

Its not about the validity.  For sure, most states require you to destroy old state IDs when you are issued a new one.  Some states even require you to present it for destruction or report it stolen.  She told you that you need to destroy your old ID to obey the law.  Did you destroy it or do you still have the old ID in a drawer?

Political power has always been in the hands of one and only one ethnic group in this country. The right wants to maintain that status quo. Their fear lies in not knowing what will happen when power shifts away from white rule. They are also afraid because they know there is nothing they can do to stop it.

Do you really think that? Do you have friends who think that?

28 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Ive been through TSA with no ID.  Traveling with my wife who had ID.  My ID was lost on vacation.  Had only a minimal amount of additional questioning.  Would have likely been more difficult if not impossible if I was traveling alone.

Gonna need to see pics of the wife to see if that was a factor.

Its not about the validity.  For sure, most states require you to destroy old state IDs when you are issued a new one.  Some states even require you to present it for destruction or report it stolen.  She told you that you need to destroy your old ID to obey the law.  Did you destroy it or do you still have the old ID in a drawer?

I didn't have an ID to destroy. She said they used to allow a person to have an ID and a driver's license. Now it is either or. But my old driver's license was shredded shortly after I received my new one in the mail. Why would I need an expired license? 

2 hours ago, RandomIdoit said:

They are not immigration officers but they should still arrest people who have entered the United States illegally. Illegal immigrants have committed an offense punishable by up to 6 months in prison for the first offense and up to 2 years for every subsequent offense. The police's job should be to take the offender into custody and allow a judge to determine what the penalty shall be. 

Asking local police officers to enforce federal immigration laws is a great way to make sure people don't report more serious offenses.

5 hours ago, slorch said:

I do believe the father should have a say, because he damned sure gets to pay should the abortion not occur.

probably a discussion for the abortion thread.

Some of us see it as a two-way street.  Much of society disagrees... until the bills come due.

This whole thread is probably a discussion for the abortion thread.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

Happily=forced into.  I don't remember any official from the government knocking on my door and asking me if I wanted to have money taken out of my paycheck every two weeks for Social Security and Medicaid.  If I'm having it taken away from me you're damn right I am going to want it returned someday but you know what would really make me happy?  If I actually got the say over what to do with it since it is only my money to begin with.

Fuck off Ayn Rand

2 hours ago, RPM said:

The right isn't afraid of the left. The right hates the left for their freedom. You can't have people living their lives with liberty in the pursuit of happiness. What kind of country would this be unless we force everyone to conform to the conservative model of behavior and pray to the one true American god... Jesus. Anything else is just anarchy. True patriots yearn to be told how they should behave. And who to fuck.

I'm one of the more adamant "right wingers" on this board.  Other than funerals and weddings I haven't set foot in a church for at least 35 years.  The right hates the left for their freedom about the same way Daniel Day-Lewis hates Steven Seagal for his acting ability.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

I'm one of the more adamant "right wingers" on this board.  Other than funerals and weddings I haven't set foot in a church for at least 35 years.  The right hates the left for their freedom about the same way Daniel Day-Lewis hates Steven Seagal for his acting ability.

Capitalism is your religion. Ironically, it is a religion that cannot exist without the state.

3 hours ago, RandomIdoit said:

I can provide them with proof that I am a US citizen and don't have a problem proving it. They can pull me over for speeding, ask me to show them my ID and social security card, and answer any questions they have. 

A state ID doesn’t prove citizenship.  And it’s a dumbass idea to keep your SS card in your wallet.  

24 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

A state ID doesn’t prove citizenship.  And it’s a dumbass idea to keep your SS card in your wallet.  

A Texas ID now requires you to be a citizen or show evidence of lawful presence. So it would prove that I am not here illegally. And, meh. 

40 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

Most oppressive politicians don't set foot in church, either. Unless it's a photo op.

They hate us for our freedom.