2023 Other Games Thread

shadow_operative2.0

12 minutes ago, Asu2215 said:

Another NFL game suspended? If these games aren't important enough to finish, they need to either get rid of the preseason or limit it to one game. 

There’s literally 100’s of guys who that’s their only chance to make a roster….  It’s already less now that they cut the pre season games down.   How do you expect teams to evaluate rookies?

21 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

There’s literally 100’s of guys who that’s their only chance to make a roster….  It’s already less now that they cut the pre season games down.   How do you expect teams to evaluate rookies?

That's what practices, scrimmages with other teams, the rookie minicamp, and other offseason activities are for. There is the same number of roster spots available regardless of whether you have 1 or 100 preseason games. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Asu2215 said:

That's what practices, scrimmages with other teams, the rookie minicamp, and other offseason activities are for. There is the same number of roster spots available regardless of whether you have 1 or 100 preseason games. 

There’s a lot of guys who are game day guys though….   I don’t think guys like that need less time to shine.  Who cares it’s all people trying to make teams for the most part in pre season now.  I’m sure they aren’t complaining about too many pre season games.  

Edited by Hook1997

4 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

There’s a lot of guys who are game day guys though….   I don’t think guys like that need less time to shine.  Who cares it’s all people trying to make teams for the most part in pre season now.  I’m sure they aren’t complaining about too many pre season games.  

I know, the 'lunch pail' guys or the guys 'who play for the front of the jersey, not the back.' Maybe we should go back to the seventies when they played SIX preseason games. 

4 hours ago, mdleast said:

Let’s please try to remember this before we join them: we don’t root for or crow about the winning of our conference opponents.

Bingo, as a Gator fan I actively root against Georgia, LSU, Alabama, Tennishit, and Kentucky. The rest are kind of irrelevant but I'm sure most of the conference is this way. 

It's literally only aggy that roots for the opposing teams in the conference it's totally nuts.