2023 Other Games Thread

shadow_operative2.0

Just now, Rimbo said:

Bingo.

I want everyone rooting against us. Because that means we're winning.

For at least the next week this year, I can assure you, you have our attention.  I am curious as to how often we will wind up rotating in schedules moving forward, I do think this could turn into a pretty good rivalry.  

1 minute ago, NCMountaineer said:

it drives me nuts. He's by all accounts an absolutely great guy... but he's such a terrible fucking coach. He's completely over his head in any kind of big boy conference and he's garbage when it comes to development.

He is a very nice guy. Had several conversations with him when he was in Lubbock. He just doesn't seem to have the mentality to be a head coach. Very good OC though.

• Hook 'Em 1

it drives me nuts. He's by all accounts an absolutely great guy... but he's such a terrible fucking coach. He's completely over his head in any kind of big boy conference and he's garbage when it comes to development.

Goes for it on 4th and 5 near midfield because gotta gamble on the road at #7.

Concede their final drive by forcing PSU to use timeouts even tho they might score anyways because there was an eternity left on the clock

2 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

anybody else mention that UH just straight up stole the Houston Oilers color scheme?

That's the point. It's a "throw back." They're channeling all the winning football that the Oilers name conjures up and transferring it to Cougar High. May they be as successful in the Big 12 as the Oilers were in the NFL.

4 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

anybody else mention that UH just straight up stole the Houston Oilers color scheme?

and in their uniforms are almost direct love ya baby blue colors with the only diff being the helmet has script Houston in baby blue and red instead of an oil derrick

It’s an ode to the Oilers, the Rockets have done the same. 

TD Nits. That will probably about do it. It’s 21-7 and I’m sure they’re not done scoring. WVU doesn’t look like they have a whole lot of fight in them at this point. They did manage to stop PSU on their first possession of the 2nd half. I missed that because I was in the kitchen chopping garlic and listening to the radio.