2023 Other Games Thread

shadow_operative2.0

11 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

NW likely will be the worst FBS team this year. 

They went 1-11 last year. I figured they might be improved this year. The whole hazing scandal and Fitz getting fired have really hurt. But I don’t know if they’d be any better if all of that hadn’t happened. It’s too bad because they’re just a few years removed from winning the B1G West. Granted, that was the COVID year, but still. Everything that Fitzgerald had built, they’ve been pouring money into the program with a new practice facility and plans for a new stadium. It’s a real shame that they find themselves in this mess. 

Just now, Underdog said:

Guess the scarlet knight fans satisfied with the outcome left early for a run to the jersey shore one last time for the season. 

There was more of a crowd early but the stadium was never full even though the announcers said in terms of ticket sales it was a sellout. I doubt many Northwestern fans made the trip. 

6 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

There was more of a crowd early but the stadium was never full even though the announcers said in terms of ticket sales it was a sellout. I doubt many Northwestern fans made the trip. 

Lower bowl looked pretty full, I believe I noticed the mass exodus sometime in the 3Q. 

New MWC commissioner Gloria Nevarez being interviewed in the booth. She gave some vague non-answers without really saying anything concrete about the prospects OSU and WSU joining the Mountain West. They’re open to things and they can have those discussions and blah blah blah. Turns out the MWC turns 25 this year, so that was news.

TD OSU. 

2 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

It's amazing to me that they changed timing rules so that games will go more quickly, but did zero to the replay format.

they didn't care about the time of the game.  They only cared about reducing the number of plays and increasing the opportunities for commercials.  replay gives you more commercials.

• Hook 'Em 1