2023 Houston Texans thread

Macklemore

My dad drove the family to Indianapolis late one spring back in the late 60s and long before GPS.  

Naturally, dad got lost and somehow got us stuck on a traffic circle where everyone was hauling ass.  My dad had never driven on a traffic circle and had no idea how to get off. 

After 20 or so times around, he was about to succumb to the terror of the cars zooming around the circle.   He spied a filling station and somehow managed to pull into it.  

When he came to a stop, a guy ran out to fill up the station wagon, four guys changed all the tires while another fellow cleaned off the windshield. 

Last, a guy with a clipboard came to the driver’s side window and barked “get back in there, son, your in second place and closing!”

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, deadshank said:

My dad drove the family to Indianapolis late one spring back in the late 60s and long before GPS.  

Naturally, dad got lost and somehow got us stuck on a traffic circle where everyone was hauling ass.  My dad had never driven on a traffic circle and had no idea how to get off. 

After 20 or so times around, he was about to succumb to the terror of the cars zooming around the circle.   He spied a filling station and somehow managed to pull into it.  

When he came to a stop, a guy ran out to fill up the station wagon, four guys changed all the tires while another fellow cleaned off the windshield. 

Last, a guy with a clipboard came to the driver’s side window and barked “get back in there, son, your in second place and closing!”

Got me.

3 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Your fucking best, most experienced and highest paid LT in the league shouldn’t be doing shit like that.

He's the most overrated tackle in the league, far from the best...edit- forgot most penalized 

Edited by Dennis Taylor
  • Rage+1 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, JGrayDBU said:

Who is the Texans coach that looks pretty much like Charlie Strong's brother?

Don’t you fucking do that. Demeco was one of the smartest football players and now coach in the league. Don’t disparage him by comparing him to Potato

Edited by Macklemore
  • Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Dennis Taylor said:

He's the most overrated tackle in the league, far from the best

Do you watch a lot of offensive line tape? I’m asking because the people that do have put him in the Pro Bowl 4 out of the last 5 years. 

12 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Do you watch a lot of offensive line tape? I’m asking because the people that do have put him in the Pro Bowl 4 out of the last 5 years. 

I watch him get at least 3 false starts (and get away with 10), 1.5 holding calls, gove up sacks and generally be a pain in the ass then sit out 3-4 games with minor injuries every year, then read about how great he's supposed to be

Edited by Dennis Taylor
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Dennis Taylor said:

I watch him get at least 3 false starts, 1.5 holding calls, gove up sacks and generally be a pain in the ass then sit out 3-4 games within or injuries every year, then read about how great he's supposed to be

Going into this game he’s had 3 holding calls and 4 false starts in 13 games. Try again. 

• Like 1