Texas opens as a 27 point favorite v Wyoming

TexasMan

10 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

That would be a huge loss for them....dude has grit.

He is definitely a gutsy player, but he isn't anyone that is going to create an issue running or passing for us. If I were Wyoming I would hold him out, If he is banged up and takes a big hit from Sweat or Murphy, he might kill their season. 

12 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

He is definitely a gutsy player, but he isn't anyone that is going to create an issue running or passing for us. If I were Wyoming I would hold him out, If he is banged up and takes a big hit from Sweat or Murphy, he might kill their season. 

Just depends on if their coach sees beating Texas as more important than how they do the rest of the year. It's a total aggy mentality, but you never know. 

Week 1 results can be fucky, and that's about the only way I can explain Tech shitting the bed against them, but its keeping the line lower than it probably should be. Wyoming only beat FCS Portland St by 14 last week. Throw in this game being on the road where they don't benefit from the altitude, crowd support, cool weather, and I think we just overwhelm them with superior athletes.

I can still by the hook at my site (-27.5 @ -119), so I bet some of my moneyline winnings from the bama game on that. Might consider a 1st half line when it becomes available, as this does seem like a game where the backdoor cover is a decent possibility as we empty our bench in the 2nd half before conference play. 

The biggest wild card to me may be the forecast. There are some rain chances now, but fairly low and forecasted for the AM. If that were to shift to heavier rain at game time, that could keep things messy. But lets be honest, its austin and its September, so its more likely that the forecast shifts to 136 degrees at kickoff. 

If the team that played Bama shows up Wyoming is going to get fucking annihilated.

We probably won't play as hard as we did last week but we'll see if there's any emotional "letdown" or not. If this team can keep focus and just come out and whip their ass in the first quarter then I think we're in for a fun season. 

Also - we haven't seen a Texas team come off a win like this in the regular season since probably the 2008 OU game. Maybe 2018 OU was comparable - but that team was already all over the fucking map (as much as I enjoyed that season).

These guys know they are the shit - the fans know it - the coaches know it - I'm excited to hopefully see us play loose and confident in a way that we've rarely seen since our Lord and savior Colt died on the cross. 

20 hours ago, F250 said:

I want to see the team show up prepared and focused and executing plays with fire in their belly. The days of playing down to opponents are over. Rip their hearts out in the first half and let the backups try and impress the coaches for the rest of the game.

Let’s make them our sugar baby before halftime!

4 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

Just depends on if their coach sees beating Texas as more important than how they do the rest of the year. It's a total aggy mentality, but you never know. 

If Peasley plays, Texas is going to be hunting a wounded animal. 

He's a run-first QB and Texas will send numbers to the LOS. The beating he took against Texas Tech is going to be about 10X worse if his shoulder is already bothering him. 

This team needs to absolutely eviscerate Wyoming tomorrow night,  I need to see an absolutely laser focused team on both sides of the ball tomorrow night to have confidence going forward.  This week is all about coaching and leadership.

Edited by Hate

On 9/11/2023 at 2:20 PM, USNALonghorn said:

I see this as a 41-10 type game with Wyoming scoring a late TD against 3rd stringers. Our front seven should be too much for them, especially if their starting QB doesn't play.

It would be great to see backups in middle of 3rd quarter and they kickass !!!

Keep improving our depth players today  🤘

• Hook 'Em 1

I think Bohl is a really good coach and still can't figure out why he picked Wyoming when leaving ndsu.

He'll have them ready and they'll play disciplined and be prepared for us.  From a talent perspective, it shouldn't be close, but we have to respect that they'll come to play or they could keep it closer than we're all comfortable believing.

After watching Bama, the only thing between this team and all of their goals is how hard they're willing to prepare and the level of effort they're willing to bring each week.  I'm actually very interested to watch for that this game.  05 team played to a standard every week (barring maybe aggy when it felt like the pressure was setting in a bit).  Can this team do the same?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 9/11/2023 at 8:51 AM, ztejas said:

If the team that played Bama shows up Wyoming is going to get fucking annihilated.

We probably won't play as hard as we did last week but we'll see if there's any emotional "letdown" or not. If this team can keep focus and just come out and whip their ass in the first quarter then I think we're in for a fun season. 

Also - we haven't seen a Texas team come off a win like this in the regular season since probably the 2008 OU game. Maybe 2018 OU was comparable - but that team was already all over the fucking map (as much as I enjoyed that season).

These guys know they are the shit - the fans know it - the coaches know it - I'm excited to hopefully see us play loose and confident in a way that we've rarely seen since our Lord and savior Colt died on the cross. 

Immediately following the 08 OU game, Texas played a wonderful game at home against Mizz.  Mizz was rated and dangerous, but that team was on fire. Colt with the dribble on the rollout, then hitting Cosby.   A fantastic crowd.

2 hours ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

I think Bohl is a really good coach and still can't figure out why he picked Wyoming when leaving ndsu.

He'll have them ready and they'll play disciplined and be prepared for us.  From a talent perspective, it shouldn't be close, but we have to respect that they'll come to play or they could keep it closer than we're all comfortable believing.

After watching Bama, the only thing between this team and all of their goals is how hard they're willing to prepare and the level of effort they're willing to bring each week.  I'm actually very interested to watch for that this game.  05 team played to a standard every week (barring maybe aggy when it felt like the pressure was setting in a bit).  Can this team do the same?

Another comparative for the Bama game is the 05 In the shoe at night thing.  Can’t recall that next game, but I’m positive we won.   

• Hook 'Em 1